Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 ... 599 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 323880 times)
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5160 on: August 05, 2012, 09:27 PM »

No mention of Djoko withdrawing on the official site - they've got a news item for both Nadal and Fraudy withdrawing.

I'm just going off what Lloyd announced in the commentary.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5161 on: August 05, 2012, 09:47 PM »

The report I've just read says that Andy is flying to Toronto on Wednesday.  I interpret that as he will be there to do the media but not to play.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5162 on: August 07, 2012, 03:51 PM »

I have noticed that Andy only has 8120 in the rankings after gold medal.  Have they taken off Toronto alreay.  I thought he didn't get past the 1st round last year.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5163 on: August 07, 2012, 04:01 PM »

I have noticed that Andy only has 8120 in the rankings after gold medal.  Have they taken off Toronto alreay.  I thought he didn't get past the 1st round last year.

While Andy has gained 750 points for the Olympics, his 90 Barcelona points have gone into "non-countable tournaments" as they only count best 6 of the lower tournaments. Monte Carlo can be included as one of those I think.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Andy-Murray.aspx?t=rb
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5164 on: August 07, 2012, 04:05 PM »

Thank you.  One of these days I will understsnd thse complicated points.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5165 on: August 15, 2012, 05:09 PM »

Andy is almost certain to take the number 3 ranking this year.  no?  Now that rafa is out,  and probably wont be back for sometime. Andy has to take this opportunity,  defend his points and  win some more tournaments.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5166 on: August 15, 2012, 05:24 PM »

Depends really. If Rafa is out for the rest of the season then Andy needs to win 2200 points between now and the rest of the season to overtake him.

Rafa will be down to 7515 after the US Open. Andy will be down to 6480.

So he needs to win 1040 points from Cinci and the USO to climb above Rafa. I think.

It's all a bit meaningless really though, as it would have bit of a "faux" feel to it due to Rafa being injured, and in terms of seeding would mean almost nothing.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5167 on: August 15, 2012, 05:34 PM »

Well if Andy does really well I don't think it will feel faux at all as he'd have had a chance of overtaking Rafa anyway.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5168 on: August 15, 2012, 05:46 PM »

I am totally convinced that Andy is not very bothered about points and rankings. He wants to win a Slam. If he cared about points he'd have stayed with Toronto where he was within two matches of overtaking Nadal.
  Now he has to win Cincinatti, get to the semis of the US Open repeat his wins in Japan and Shanghai and get to Quarters in Paris just to maintain his points. That's quite a task. If Nadal
 is still unfit  he will reach no3 ranking by default
IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5169 on: August 15, 2012, 05:50 PM »

Depends really. If Rafa is out for the rest of the season then Andy needs to win 2200 points between now and the rest of the season to overtake him.

Rafa will be down to 7515 after the US Open. Andy will be down to 6480.

So he needs to win 1040 points from Cinci and the USO to climb above Rafa. I think.

It's all a bit meaningless really though, as it would have bit of a "faux" feel to it due to Rafa being injured, and in terms of seeding would mean almost nothing.

There is of course the possibility that Nadal won't actually get back above him when he returns. In 2009 when Nadal had his problem he didn't really return to his best for a good 6-9 months after he started playing again. This injury is in fairly similar circumstances (unexpected loss in the summer then being out of action for several months with a knee problem).

If it's just a temporary thing where Murray goes above him for a few months then it would be a bit of a hollow rise in the rankings, but it might last a lot longer than his brief stint at number 2.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5170 on: September 08, 2012, 02:14 PM »

Is Andy going to overtake Nadal if he wins?
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5171 on: September 08, 2012, 04:33 PM »

yes
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5172 on: September 08, 2012, 10:05 PM »

Unfortunately this will probably be temporary, unless Andy can defend his points in the Asian swing. Or wins the USO. I hope it's the latter.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5173 on: September 09, 2012, 07:54 AM »

Agreed Remember the last time Murray made it to number3 ranking and also to number 2 during which he played an US open but only held it for was it a fortnight ?
  All things are transient,but he's No 3 this morning and will be on Tuesday morning.No other Brit has reached this ranking in modern times. One day, one tournament at a time.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5174 on: September 09, 2012, 08:48 AM »

Olympic Gold Medalist and world No 3- Andy Murray wub
Gotta certain ring to it.
Gotta believe that position will be consolidated come Monday Fingers crossed
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 ... 599 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »