Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 ... 580 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 291086 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5985 on: June 08, 2013, 09:06 PM »

Not sure where to put this. Anyone seen Feds draw at Halle. Janowicz, Gulbis, Haas, and Raonic.  All before the semis.   Little tongue man
  roflmao
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5986 on: June 08, 2013, 09:19 PM »

OMG.That's tough haha.Don't expect him to come through that draw.Bout time he had it tough for a change. I maybe wrong and he may well beat all of those guys and he may even end up winning the tournament but don't see it myself.
  His punishment for skipping last year? Set up for an early exit so he's fresh for the big W? Pick yer choose!
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5987 on: June 08, 2013, 10:31 PM »

Not sure where to put this. Anyone seen Feds draw at Halle. Janowicz, Gulbis, Haas, and Raonic.  All before the semis.   Little tongue man

That's not Fed's draw, that's Hass' draw which his missus, Sarsh Foster, was bitching about on Twitter.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5988 on: June 08, 2013, 10:37 PM »

Haas is in the same half as fed.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5989 on: June 08, 2013, 11:57 PM »

Yes  Agree , can't see Fed defending his title no way, Andys going to win it Smile  yes

I need Andy to win Wimbles. I'm fed up, I'm so angry I could actually hurt someone and I need cheering up. So, Andy my love, no pressure, but please, do it for me.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5990 on: June 09, 2013, 02:55 AM »

Haas, Gulbis, Baghdatis, Monfils and Raonic are all in the same QUARTER. Incredibly lopsided draw. Federer's only notable opponent before the SFs is Janowicz.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5991 on: June 09, 2013, 02:56 AM »

His punishment for skipping last year? Set up for an early exit so he's fresh for the big W? Pick yer choose!
He didn't skip it last year - made the final and lost to Haas.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5992 on: June 09, 2013, 09:47 AM »

He didn't skip it last year - made the final and lost to Haas.
  Sorry, my mistake. How time flies!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5993 on: June 09, 2013, 11:14 AM »

This business of Nadal withdrawing from Halle seems odd.  I know he will probably be fined but perhaps if they had to suffer a ban from the next tournie or something similar he would not do this.  It just seems strange to be playing a match today which has the chance of being long and tough and already pulled out of Halle.  It does not look good.  I suppose he thinks he can do what he likes!!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5994 on: June 09, 2013, 11:37 AM »

Not defending Nadal, but I have had a thought. Doesn't Halle start tomorrow? If so, and I'm sure it does, Nadal, I assume, could be playing on Tuesday or Wednesday, assuming their schedule is similar to Queen's. If he wins the French, which I'm assuming he thinks he will, he will have media stuff to do. That would eat into his prep time for Halle. I'd bet that is why he's pulled out. I'd bet good money that his knees have nothing to do with it, although, I still think if he fancies pulling out of Wimbles and the rest of the year it might not be a bad idea, but then I'm a nasty person.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5995 on: June 09, 2013, 11:41 AM »

This business of Nadal withdrawing from Halle seems odd.  I know he will probably be fined but perhaps if they had to suffer a ban from the next tournie or something similar he would not do this.  It just seems strange to be playing a match today which has the chance of being long and tough and already pulled out of Halle.  It does not look good.  I suppose he thinks he can do what he likes!!

I think he probably withdrew before the tournament started (and before the French Open ended) because the draw was being made yesterday. It's fairer to give someone else the chance of playing - and a late withdrawal would have made the draw lopsided.

And good points teejay - he wouldn't have much preparation time at all. I was always amazed how he managed to turn up at Queens year after year, even winning it one time.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5996 on: June 09, 2013, 12:08 PM »

Whatever the rules say, it's better to withdraw before the draw if you are able to make the decision by then.  Win or lose today, he knows he played a tough semi and is playing in the final.

I was under the impression that slams aren't compulsory, so you don't need to be pretended to be injured if you want to skip one of them.  I think these days it would be bold enough to say they just fancy skipping any big tournament, but even if injury is required to satisfy the rules, I don't think they are employing ATOS methods for deciding who is fit to work.   If you can hold a pen/racquet, then you should be working/in competition.

The problem for Halle/Queens is that they are the warm up tournaments for Wimbledon, but come straight after the FO, so top players will want to enter, but there is always a risk that a deep run at the French means that they need the rest more than they need the practice on grass.  It's a scheduling issue that should be resolved next year.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5997 on: June 09, 2013, 01:03 PM »

Whatever the rules say, it's better to withdraw before the draw if you are able to make the decision by then.  Win or lose today, he knows he played a tough semi and is playing in the final.

I was under the impression that slams aren't compulsory, so you don't need to be pretended to be injured if you want to skip one of them.  I think these days it would be bold enough to say they just fancy skipping any big tournament, but even if injury is required to satisfy the rules, I don't think they are employing ATOS methods for deciding who is fit to work.   If you can hold a pen/racquet, then you should be working/in competition.

The problem for Halle/Queens is that they are the warm up tournaments for Wimbledon, but come straight after the FO, so top players will want to enter, but there is always a risk that a deep run at the French means that they need the rest more than they need the practice on grass.  It's a scheduling issue that should be resolved next year.
Do you know how they're going about that? Obviously Stuttgart and Hamburg are talking about changing to grass events to fill in the schedule in the extra week - will they be played before Queens/Halle, or will Queens/Halle still be right after RG?
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5998 on: June 09, 2013, 01:17 PM »

I thought Queens/Halle were going to be in the middle week.  I realise, I may be assuming this because it's the sensible option, rather than it being a concrete fact.  As the existing and established pre-Wimbledon tournaments I think Queens and Halle should get the option of picking their week first (and IMO promoted to 500s), then Stuttgart and Hamburg can decide where they want to go.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5999 on: June 09, 2013, 01:44 PM »

I thought he wasn't going to play at Halle as they could not agree to the appearance fee. He was wanting a million euros to take part. Must have changed his mind (Maybe he was down to his last million) poor didums.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 ... 580 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »