Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 ... 595 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 318143 times)
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6405 on: August 19, 2013, 01:47 PM »

I thought the final was to be on Monday form now on.

Not till next year I think
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6406 on: August 19, 2013, 01:52 PM »

The Final is on Monday for 2 years (this year and next) then it goes back to a Sunday Final in 2015... stupid USTA.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6407 on: August 19, 2013, 01:52 PM »

no, it's Monday this year I think you'll find
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6408 on: August 19, 2013, 03:08 PM »

not that long ago Caz and I think it's perfectly possible that Andy has found it difficult to come down to the reality of everyday play after such a huge win for him, however hard he tries.  But who knows whether that's been a factor or not. 
Tamila yes the final is being played on Monday - not sure if that's a permanent change. 
Well yes Ruthie, I 'agree' with you, but that has nothing to do with what I was talking about!  hug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6409 on: August 19, 2013, 03:56 PM »

oh I think I'm being thick then Caz  confused sorry
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6410 on: August 19, 2013, 04:00 PM »

oh I think I'm being thick then Caz  confused sorry
No worries Ruthie!  hug
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6411 on: August 19, 2013, 05:46 PM »

not that long ago Caz and I think it's perfectly possible that Andy has found it difficult to come down to the reality of everyday play after such a huge win for him, however hard he tries.  But who knows whether that's been a factor or not. 
Tamila yes the final is being played on Monday - not sure if that's a permanent change. 

Ruthie I think the Monday final is just for this year. I think the USTA was going to decide after that what they are going to do. Personally I can't work out why it's so complicated. They should schedule in the same way as Wimbledon. Makes sense to me.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6412 on: August 19, 2013, 05:48 PM »

Ruthie I think the Monday final is just for this year. I think the USTA was going to decide after that what they are going to do. Personally I can't work out why it's so complicated. They should schedule in the same way as Wimbledon. Makes sense to me.

It's to keep Super Saturday, which generates billions in advertising.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6413 on: August 19, 2013, 05:49 PM »

Frankly I'm viewing this US Open with great apprehension.Of all the slams this is the most erratically organised one and if you are in Group B you face  having to play the singles semi final on one day and the final the next

Not this year. Men's final is on the Monday, the day before my birthday this year, so if Andy would like to make it a birthday present in advance this year I'll be delighted. A cut of the prize money would be all right as well Wink.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6414 on: August 19, 2013, 05:55 PM »

Yes Alis.....that's true, but last year, he beat both Roger and Djokovic 'in the run up to the USO', when he took Olympic Gold! He couldn't have been 'better' prepared! This year.....nothing in comparison in my opinion, so let's just say I'm hoping that Mr. Lendl can weave his magic spell and TJ will have one of her 'feelings'!

Ah, but Caz, you're being a wee bit selective here. Andy won the Olympics, which was great, of course. He then had to withdraw in Toronto after winning his second round match. He went on to Cincy and lost to Chardy in the third round, so you could argue fairly successfully that in getting to the third round in Montreal, and the quarter finals in Cincy this year, having won Wimbledon, where he beat the world no.1 in straight sets in a best of five match, Andy is in a better place to defend the USO and certainly no worse off than last year, when he won it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6415 on: August 19, 2013, 05:56 PM »

It's to keep Super Saturday, which generates billions in advertising.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten all about that Smile.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6416 on: August 19, 2013, 07:00 PM »

Ah, but Caz, you're being a wee bit selective here. Andy won the Olympics, which was great, of course. He then had to withdraw in Toronto after winning his second round match. He went on to Cincy and lost to Chardy in the third round, so you could argue fairly successfully that in getting to the third round in Montreal, and the quarter finals in Cincy this year, having won Wimbledon, where he beat the world no.1 in straight sets in a best of five match, Andy is in a better place to defend the USO and certainly no worse off than last year, when he won it.
Actually 'no' TJ, that's not what I'm 'saying' at all! What I'm 'saying' is that the Olympics was excellent preparation for the USO! Now.......that's my opinion and if you disagree that's fine! We'll just have to agree to disagree, because this conversation is going nowhere and to be honest, I've got better things to do!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6417 on: August 19, 2013, 07:10 PM »

Actually 'no' TJ, that's not what I'm 'saying' at all! What I'm 'saying' is that the Olympics was excellent preparation for the USO! Now.......that's my opinion and if you disagree that's fine! We'll just have to agree to disagree, because this conversation is going nowhere and to be honest, I've got better things to do!

I don't disagree actually, I think it paved the way nicely for the USO, certainly psychologically, and in more ways besides. I was just making the point that in the events immediately before the USO Andy has done better this year than last.

I don't think you need to get so tetchy when you're making a point to be honest. I for one don't like being dismissed like a naughty school girl just because your meaning wasn't clear. I haven't been a school girl, naughty or otherwise, for a good few years.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6418 on: August 20, 2013, 09:39 AM »

Not this year. Men's final is on the Monday, the day before my birthday this year, so if Andy would like to make it a birthday present in advance this year I'll be delighted. A cut of the prize money would be all right as well Wink.

I'll wish you a Happy Birthday anyway and I hope Andy can make it possible for us all to join in your celebrations
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6419 on: August 20, 2013, 09:48 AM »

TJ....The comment I made to Alis was 'perfectly clear' and I've also made it clear more than once, that 'this is my opinion'! Now, if you want to 'disagree', then that's fine.....that's allowed, but disagreeing with my opinion doesn't seem to be enough for you. In fact, you seem determined to 'change it'! You have gone on and on about it, so is it any wonder that I feel 'tetchy'? As I said before, I have better things to do, but if you 'choose' to see that as 'being dismissed like a naughty school girl', then that's nothing to do with me. That's in 'your' head....not mine! Also.....just for the record, the last time I went to school, was to pick up my grandchildren! I repeat......we'll just have to agree to disagree and this is my 'last' comment to you, on this subject!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 ... 595 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »