Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 ... 599 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 327970 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6495 on: September 03, 2013, 04:57 PM »

Mr worst case scenario strikes again, i bet Boogers built himself a shelter last December because clearly the Mayans "were onto something"
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6496 on: September 03, 2013, 06:40 PM »

On current form Wawrinka and Berdych are a horrible match up for Andy.    Andy might  rue how poorly he played in Cincy and Montreal,  he could have easily stayed world number 2 and got Rafa's draw.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6497 on: September 03, 2013, 07:10 PM »

Don't really care if he does. Given there are 3 or 4 possible dopers in that lot, I think I the rankings are meaningless at the moment.

Murray has reached No 2 fair and square, if he never reaches No 1 so be it.

Personally I would rather have Murray at whatever ranking with the Olympic Gold Medal, Last years US Open, and this year's Wimbledon, on his record, than No 1 but have achieved it by playing endless little tournaments to accrue points.

When their careers are finished, assuming neither of them wins anything else, who will be deemed to have been the most successful Murray or Ferrer?

I will stick with Murray.  Just my opinion.

I agree with your sentiments about the Olympics and the GS wins, Masaka.

What's your reference to "dopers" about though?  You're surely not suggesting there are some drug cheats in the tennis top echelons?
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6498 on: September 03, 2013, 08:06 PM »

One match at a time, sweet jesu  Rock ya Guy with axe
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6499 on: September 03, 2013, 08:07 PM »

I agree with your sentiments about the Olympics and the GS wins, Masaka.

What's your reference to "dopers" about though?  You're surely not suggesting there are some drug cheats in the tennis top echelons?

I have made my views known in other sections. In the light of the Fuentes doping trial, with the Spanish Courts refusing to reveal Fuentes's clients including tennis players, yes I do think that in all probability there are currently drugs cheats in the upper echelons of tennis. Given both Troicki and Cillic are currently suspended for failing drugs tests, it is an established fact that there are.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6500 on: September 03, 2013, 09:17 PM »

On current form Wawrinka and Berdych are a horrible match up for Andy.    Andy might  rue how poorly he played in Cincy and Montreal,  he could have easily stayed world number 2 and got Rafa's draw.

no point dwelling on what ifs and maybe's. He could've been second and still drawn Berdych/Wawrinka followed by Nadal in order to make final. It is what it is and it will be what it will be.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6501 on: September 03, 2013, 09:22 PM »

My own money is on Andy finishing the year back at no.2. Just a feeling, but I have a feeling he will.

Always love your feelings Teejay! Re my own post - apologies all, have now discovered a few folk more or less saying the same thing.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6502 on: September 03, 2013, 09:23 PM »

no point dwelling on what ifs and maybe's. He could've been second and still drawn Berdych/Wawrinka followed by Nadal in order to make final. It is what it is and it will be what it will be.
  Absolutely right. Andy must deal with the hand he's been dealt, without dwelling on other scenarios.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6503 on: September 04, 2013, 01:01 PM »

Mr worst case scenario strikes again, i bet Boogers built himself a shelter last December because clearly the Mayans "were onto something"

clap clap clap clap clap clap

IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6504 on: September 04, 2013, 03:18 PM »

Excluding our smug Swiss friend's recent drop in form, and Nadal's absence from the 2nd half of last year, I don't think it really mattered whether Andy was ranked 1, 2, 3, or 4.

If a tournament went as per seedings, then each of Djoko, Nadal, Andy, Smugfed would have to play two out of the other three in order to win, one in the semis and another in the final.

Before that, they each would have faced a random pick from the usual suspects ranked 5-8 in the quarters, Berdych, DelPo, Ferrer, Tsonga and so forth.  

If the "big four" becomes a "big three" as is becoming disctinctly likely, then being third WOULD be a disadvantage, as the number one or two would have to be overcome in the semis, and the other in the final.  Whereas one out of the number 1 and 2 seeds, would have the distinct advantage of facing the new number 4, Ferrer or whoever, in the semis and so have an easier passage into the final.

(Hope that makes sense...)
[ Last edit by mickeypops September 04, 2013, 03:33 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6505 on: September 04, 2013, 04:52 PM »

just what I was thinking ww and tbh I think he has a better chance of getting to final again playing nole than rafa in SF.  Seems like boogers can't resist picking up a stick with which to beat Andy.    doh
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6506 on: September 04, 2013, 07:01 PM »

Wonder why could Boogers be anti Scottish, of course he will deny it but that is his problem and not mine.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6507 on: September 04, 2013, 07:27 PM »

Well, goes to show that Murray really shouldn't have dicked around in Montreal / Cincy. Berdych - Djokovic - Nadal or Robredo - Ferrer - Nadal. Which would you prefer?

Good chance Murray ends the year #5 now.

I'm intrigued to know who you think would push him in to 5th place. Ferrer could overtake, though it wouldn't make much difference as 3 and 4 are much the same from seeding point of view. But the others are way behind.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6508 on: September 04, 2013, 07:43 PM »

I'm intrigued to know who you think would push him in to 5th place. Ferrer could overtake, though it wouldn't make much difference as 3 and 4 are much the same from seeding point of view. But the others are way behind.

Well, he looks pretty little safe now that Del Potro and Berdych lost early...
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6509 on: September 04, 2013, 07:43 PM »

Wonder why could Boogers be anti Scottish, of course he will deny it but that is his problem and not mine.

You're an idiot.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 ... 599 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »