Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 ... 586 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 299945 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6555 on: September 06, 2013, 11:31 PM »

If it was OK for Nadal to take 7 months off to improve his game style he would have said I am taking 7 months off to improve my game style.

No he wouldn't, because then Novak, Andy, Roger etc. would know what he is up to and prepare for what's coming. It's obvious he would have wanted to improve his serve and backhand.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6556 on: September 06, 2013, 11:38 PM »

So what you are basically saying is that one is forbidden to improve one's gamestyle? So what if Nadal takes 7 months out just to improve his gamestyle, at least he recognises that he needs to change his game to stay with the best. Good on him. I don't know what your problem with Nadal/Federer is, but its becoming really irritating and its even more annoying that you ask others if you make sense just so that they mildly agree with you. Take this spam somewhere else, you and Masaka have become one dimensional posters.

Gangsta I asked a legitimate question and made a few points as I see it. You didn't need to read it.

If Nadal said openly he spent time out to work on his game I would have no problem with it. That would be honest. What I don't appreciate is Nadal treating people like fools and telling bare-faced lies.

I don't know what your issue is with me lately. You have jumped on me a number of times for no reason. If you object to my posts then don't read them, it's quite simple. As for your opinions of my posts and indirectly me, I would tell you where to stick them, but I'm too polite.

Gangsta when you've lived as long as me and experienced things I have, you may have whatever opinion of me you like. Until then I suggest you get someone to make you a bottle, change your nappy and put you to bed because it's way past your bedtime.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6557 on: September 06, 2013, 11:43 PM »

Gangsta I asked a legitimate question and made a few points as I see it. You didn't need to read it.

If Nadal said openly he spent time out to work on his game I would have no problem with it. That would be honest. What I don't appreciate is Nadal treating people like fools and telling bare-faced lies.

I don't know what your issue is with me lately. You have jumped on me a number of times for no reason. If you object to my posts then don't read them, it's quite simple. As for your opinions of my posts and indirectly me, I would tell you where to stick them, but I'm too polite.

Gangsta when you've lived as long as me and experienced things I have, you may have whatever opinion of me you like. Until then I suggest you get someone to make you a bottle, change your nappy and put you to bed because it's way past your bedtime.

Again, why would he say openly he is working on his game, Nole, Andy and Roger won't sit around eating hamburgers ignoring that, they'll work on their games too so that they can counteract it. It's really not a problem to take some time off tour without announcing it. My problem with you lately is your bitterness towards Roger and Nadal, both of whom have done nothing to deserve the crap you've been spouting, the same applies to your buddy Masaka. Also I'm entitled to my own opinion anyway, age doesn't matter.

PS: It's difficult to ignore it when you've plastered it around every bloody thread on this site.

PS(2): I can't even believe you are making this personal.
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray September 06, 2013, 11:51 PM ] IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6558 on: September 06, 2013, 11:43 PM »

No he wouldn't, because then Novak, Andy, Roger etc. would know what he is up to and prepare for what's coming. It's obvious he would have wanted to improve his serve and backhand.

Then perhaps you should support Rafa because if you think that is OK you are as devious as he is.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6559 on: September 06, 2013, 11:45 PM »

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6560 on: September 06, 2013, 11:46 PM »

Then perhaps you should support Rafa because if you think that is OK you are as devious as he is.

Yeah I'll support Rafa.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6561 on: September 06, 2013, 11:51 PM »

Gangsta be sensible.    They work on their games constantly.    Are you suggesting they should all take 7 months to do so - the same 7 months?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6562 on: September 06, 2013, 11:54 PM »

Gangsta be sensible.    They work on their games constantly.    Are you suggesting they should all take 7 months to do so - the same 7 months?

No, everyone has their preference, but maybe Rafa was so down after losing to Rosol that he felt it appropriate to disguise his leave and work hard for 7 months straight to get back to his peak level. I assume when Serena Williams was injured for 9/10 months in 2010/2011 with the blood clot that nearly KILLED her, you thought that was a disguise when she came back and started winning events easily, no?
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6563 on: September 06, 2013, 11:58 PM »

you thought that was a disguise when she came back and started winning events easily, no?

Holy sh!t you are Rafa!!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6564 on: September 07, 2013, 12:01 AM »

i do think a lot of people suspect rafa took time out to improve his game (i.e., not just teejay1), but the fact that he claimed "injury" allowed him to have his ranking protected for a certain period and to avoid any fines, etc.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6565 on: September 07, 2013, 12:02 AM »

No.    Not interested in women's tennis and didn't really notice Serena was missing.    Well I knew she was missing but I didn't miss her.    The bottom line is it is not appropriate to disguise the reason for the time off.    I value honesty much more than I value titles.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6566 on: September 07, 2013, 12:04 AM »

No.    Not interested in women's tennis and didn't really notice Serena was missing.    Well I knew she was missing but I didn't miss her.    The bottom line is it is not appropriate to disguise the reason for the time off.    I value honesty much more than I value titles.

That is understandable, but it didn't hurt anyone if he did do it, the only way this is going to start affecting people or even Rafa himself is if people start making up conspiracy theories about why he took the time off as well as accuse him of using illegal drugs etc.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6567 on: September 07, 2013, 12:09 AM »

That is understandable, but it didn't hurt anyone if he did do it, the only way this is going to start affecting people or even Rafa himself is if people start making up conspiracy theories about why he took the time off as well as accuse him of using illegal drugs etc.

You have just said why it is always better to be upfront and honest.    And wouldn't you rather know when you watch a match that the playing field is level.    I don't like any person trying to dupe me.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6568 on: September 07, 2013, 12:10 AM »

You have just said why it is always better to be upfront and honest.    And wouldn't you rather know when you watch a match that the playing field is level.    I don't like any person trying to dupe me.

I don't think you can ever have an 'even playing field' because there is always going to be someone who is better than you or worse.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6569 on: September 07, 2013, 12:10 AM »

i do think a lot of people suspect rafa took time out to improve his game (i.e., not just teejay1), but the fact that he claimed "injury" allowed him to have his ranking protected for a certain period and to avoid any fines, etc.

Thugdal didn't have a protected ranking.  He remained top 4 just through points won before Wimbledon. Just shows how weak of an era this really is.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 ... 586 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »