Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 ... 593 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 314289 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6600 on: September 07, 2013, 01:11 AM »

You are trying to cause trouble and I want to get off to bed.    The answer is that Andy doesn't want to win for you or me or Scotland or GB or fame.    He wants to win for himself and he would know within himself that it wasn't Andy who had won and he would not be a happy bunny.

But that does not object my statement, Rafa also wants to win for himself, not for money etc. Maybe Andy is so desperate to win things such as Wimbledon that he takes drugs to assist him. I am not trying to cause trouble by simply putting the situation in a more relatable manner to you.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6601 on: September 07, 2013, 01:12 AM »

I'm not being naive at all. How would you react if Andy was caught doping and Rafa came out clean?

Last word from me.    Easy answer, Gangsta.    I would stop watching Andy and not support him because he would not be the person I thought he was.    It's not just his tennis I enjoy.    It is the type of person he is.   I don't know if Rafa is clean or not but I am pretty sure he is a cheat therefore I don't trust him and could never support him.    Don't like watching him anyway.    I find him irritating.   Good night.    Get some beauty sleep.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6602 on: September 07, 2013, 01:14 AM »

Last word from me.    Easy answer, Gangsta.    I would stop watching Andy and not support him because he would not be the person I thought he was.    It's not just his tennis I enjoy.    It is the type of person he is.   I don't know if Rafa is clean or not but I am pretty sure he is a cheat therefore I don't trust him and could never support him.    Don't like watching him anyway.    I find him irritating.   Good night.    Get some beauty sleep.

You can answer this when you wake up, but what makes you think he is a cheat? I mean he must have taken 2 or 3 (maybe more) drug tests since he came back from his injury and nothing has come back to cause suspicion. What else could possibly make him a cheat? Maybe its the fact he wears shoes that increase his speed or something.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6603 on: September 07, 2013, 07:27 AM »

You can answer this when you wake up, but what makes you think he is a cheat? I mean he must have taken 2 or 3 (maybe more) drug tests since he came back from his injury and nothing has come back to cause suspicion. What else could possibly make him a cheat? Maybe its the fact he wears shoes that increase his speed or something.

How can we be sure that nothing was found in the tests?  Also some drugs do not show up in urine which seems to be the main test done by the ITF.  I still feel that the ITF etc. are driven by money and he brings in the crowds.  The head of the drug agency for the ITF has admitted that they cannot do blood tests as they are too expensive.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6604 on: September 07, 2013, 08:10 AM »

It is not humanly possible to have 7 months off with a "career threatening injury" and come back with a game seriously "tweaked" for the hard court season. If anyone thinks Rafa  has 7 months off  with his feet resting on the sofa, they are a tad disingenuous.
His form this Summer has been extraordinary. The only indication of the difficulty of the undertaking is an increase in the on court tics.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6605 on: September 07, 2013, 08:25 AM »

Why did he pull out of the Aussie Open then?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6606 on: September 07, 2013, 08:46 AM »

I don't profess to know what has gone on with Rafa but is it not possible that he had a genuine injury, took time off to let his knees recover and then started working gradually and postponed his return (a) to be sure his knees really were ok and (b) to work on his game. That seems legitimate to me.

But I  don't accept Gangsta's theory (not shared by any tennis comm I listen to or read) that this is a weak era and that has allowed Rafa to dominate on his return.  Not sure why you have to insult Andy gratuitously with such remarks.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6607 on: September 07, 2013, 09:00 AM »

Gangsta.....Nadal practices 'gamesmanship' on court! That's cheating and it's why I stopped liking him! The worst thing about it is, he is a genuinely great tennis player........He 'has no need' to cheat! He is a man without honour, so if there are conspiracy theories going round about him, he only has himself to blame! Personally, I think he is despicable and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6608 on: September 07, 2013, 09:34 AM »

Gangsta.....Nadal practices 'gamesmanship' on court! That's cheating and it's why I stopped liking him! The worst thing about it is, he is a genuinely great tennis player........He 'has no need' to cheat! He is a man without honour, so if there are conspiracy theories going round about him, he only has himself to blame! Personally, I think he is despicable and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him!
[

Thanks Caz.   My thoughts exactly.   

quote author=BigNose link=topic=5224.msg935678#msg935678 date=1378538721]
[/quote]

Was it stomach trouble?

IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6609 on: September 07, 2013, 01:28 PM »

[

Thanks Caz.   My thoughts exactly.   

quote author=BigNose link=topic=5224.msg935678#msg935678 date=1378538721]

Was it stomach trouble?

No it was knee problems. It's like Soderling and his mono, he predicted a date, he felt bad again so decided to withdraw.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6610 on: September 07, 2013, 02:00 PM »

^ Well, if his knee was so bad a mere 9 months ago, how the heck can it be so cured that he's gone through the hard court opposition like a hurricane?
Whatever's been done to those knees, I want some. Rolling Eyes
BTW I'm still on the side that he's not doping, but quite honestly this doesn't add up. I'm more of the inclination that the knee problem has been grossly over played.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6611 on: September 07, 2013, 02:12 PM »

^ Well, if his knee was so bad a mere 9 months ago, how the heck can it be so cured that he's gone through the hard court opposition like a hurricane?
Whatever's been done to those knees, I want some. Rolling Eyes
BTW I'm still on the side that he's not doping, but quite honestly this doesn't add up. I'm more of the inclination that the knee problem has been grossly over played.

I agree, I think that they have overstepped the mark with the knee injury, maybe they are not being totally honest, but I doubt the reason why they aren't being totally honest is because of doping.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6612 on: September 07, 2013, 02:20 PM »

Nadal issued a statement way before the AO to say he had a stomach virus and was withdrawing. Even some of the commentators questioned that, suggesting that with a stomach bug you would need three days for it to pass, then a day or two to feel better. I vividly remember Peter Fleming suggesting he didn't think it was quite true. Even he implied he thought Nadal was pulling a fast one.

Look, let me be clear, so that Gangsta doesn't feel the need to leap down my throat and take my tonsils out again. I would never accuse Nadal of drug cheating without evidence. Some believe evidence is there, but we'll see. If it is it will come out one day.

My issue with Nadal is that three different statements were issued while he was out. All of them gave out different diagnoses for what was supposed to be wrong with his knees. First he had tendonitis, then he had Hoffa's syndrome, then he had a partially torn patella tendon. Every time a statement was issued he seemed to have a different problem. Now either Nadal has the worst knees known to man and should no longer be playing, or someone was stretching the truth. I know what I think. It was also said more than once that Nadal could not practice.

So Nadal came back and within a tournament or two, when he just looked a bit rusty and short on matches, he was winning again. That was on clay though. I personally believe Nadal could win most clay tournaments in his sleep, so I think you can accept that as the norm for him.

The change came on hard. Again, the conditions in Indian Wells suit him, so that didn't surprise me a great deal, not once Djokovic and Andy lost to Delpo, who seemed fairly inspired himself that week. However, it was hard courts, where Nadal has previously struggled, even when he has apparently been well and not been out for seven months, and this year he was playing more aggressively than before, and serving better, quite clearly. No one can convince me that Nadal could do that, especially after months out, without having practiced considerably, which he apparently could not.

Look, Nadal can do what he likes. There is no rule that says he can't have an extended time out if he so wishes. The problem that I have, even bearing in mind that it does not do to let too much on to opponents, is that his team should not issue statements giving out contradictory medical information and they should not say he can not practice when anyone with even half a brain can see he has been. In my book Nadal may not be a cheat in the strict sense, but he is a liar. That's my view, take it or leave it.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6613 on: September 07, 2013, 02:23 PM »

@gangsta
^ Well we agree there. I've always thought Toni Nadal plays the media with extraordinary guile. I think he over-protects Rafa all the time.
It's all very cloak and dagger.

@TJ
Hmm, not sure u can have "extended time out" to re-evaluate your game and improve your forehand etc. Sure u can for injury though. I think that's where the problem lies.
They can't actually be honest as to a) the state of Rafa's injuries or b) why they want time off.
[ Last edit by blueberryhill September 07, 2013, 02:26 PM ] IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6614 on: September 07, 2013, 02:36 PM »

I don't see any conspiracy, far less did I create one.     I see a tennis player who said, or maybe Uncle Toni said, he had a career threatening injury.    Various stories came out over the intervening months which made people suspicious.    What made ME suspicious was the photograph of Rafa celebrating his first or maybe second win after he came back.    No-one who had bad knees could have adopted that pose.   Anyway it is right that you believe what you like Gangsta.    I am old and cynical.     Youngsters tend to be more naive.    I would like you to be a bit clearer on what constitutes a cheat, however.   

I have pointed that victory on his so called bad knees to many people who when they look at it they are surprised.  I work in a doctors' surgery and they were astounded when they saw that pose.  The other thing that surprised them were the photos of him playing golf a couple of  weeks after announcing he had this career threatening injury to his knees.  I believe that golf is very hard on the knees.  I know patients who have problem knees are advised not to play golf.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 ... 593 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »