Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 ... 592 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 309325 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6825 on: October 08, 2013, 02:06 AM »

Because its not next week yet.
ATP live rankings is different to the atp regular rankings...
Thanks.  So presumably the live rankings update on a daily basis?

My question re Delpo still stands though.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6826 on: October 08, 2013, 03:27 AM »

Delpo would have to win this and defend his Basel points.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6827 on: October 08, 2013, 03:30 AM »

OK.  Thanks.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6828 on: October 08, 2013, 07:35 AM »

Andy will be back to 3 in no time, if Ferrer doesn't win Paris, the drop off will be huge.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6829 on: October 08, 2013, 07:41 AM »

Bum Frown
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6830 on: October 08, 2013, 08:53 AM »

I can't see any point in worrying about the ranking until Andy is back. We knew there was going to be a drop off in points because Andy hasn't been around.

How far did Ferrer get in Shanghai last year? Does he have points to defend there? I can't see him winning Paris again.

I can live with Andy falling back to four for a while. I can't see it being for long.

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6831 on: October 08, 2013, 11:17 AM »

Siiiigh. Frown

Well,we knew it would happen.Hopefully,as Teejay says,it won't be for long.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6832 on: October 08, 2013, 11:18 AM »

Does not bother me even if Andy goes back to 5. Getting his back sorted once and for all is top  priority. Playing pain free on all surfaces will soon have him back on top.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6833 on: October 08, 2013, 11:34 AM »

^ 'Course he will Chris!  yes
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6834 on: October 08, 2013, 12:33 PM »

Does not bother me even if Andy goes back to 5. Getting his back sorted once and for all is top  priority. Playing pain free on all surfaces will soon have him back on top.
It does bother me if he faces Nadal every Quarter final.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6835 on: October 08, 2013, 01:05 PM »

Bad news Delpo won Tokyo. There is a realistic chance Delpo will finish in the top 4 now with Andy being down to 5. That is unless Andy can play the WTF. I really hope he pulls out all the stops to make it. Otherwise theres a good chance he could be draw to play Rafa or Joker in the Australian quarter-finals.

PS. Anyone know if Brisbane points will count for seeding at AO. If so there is a chance Andy could finish year at number 5 but move up to 4 if he wins Brisbane again.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6836 on: October 08, 2013, 01:23 PM »

Andy is currently 880 points ahead of Ferrer in the race, and 1,960 ahead of Del Potro. Assuming he doesn't play again this year, it seems likely that he'll finish below Ferrer. I don't see Del Potro knocking him out of the top 4 by year's end though, unless he wins one of Shanghai/Paris.

Early next year could be tight, as Andy's defending Brisbane and then has Australian Open finalist points. Del Potro didn't play a 250 in Australia this year, but usually plays Sydney - and he only reached the 3rd round of the Australian Open so he could gain big points at the start of the season.

In the long term though, I don't think it matters where Andy is ranked. He's more than good enough to get back into the top 4 quickly if he does drop down to number 5. And actually, some of his good slam runs have come where he's been ranked outside the top 4.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6837 on: October 08, 2013, 01:43 PM »

Andy is currently 880 points ahead of Ferrer in the race, and 1,960 ahead of Del Potro. Assuming he doesn't play again this year, it seems likely that he'll finish below Ferrer. I don't see Del Potro knocking him out of the top 4 by year's end though, unless he wins one of Shanghai/Paris.

Perhaps but Id have thought he will have a good chance of winning Paris because Joker and Nadal prob won't try very hard there. He could also pick up a shed load at the WTF. There is also Valenica and Basle. Not sure if he is playing any of these.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6838 on: October 08, 2013, 02:15 PM »

I personally don't care about the points or his ranking right now, because this has been brought upon by an uncontrollable variant.

Once he's fully fit and raring to go, we'll see how he's up for the challenge if faced with tougher opposition earlier in Quarters, etc.

We all know Andy likes a challenge. yes
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6839 on: October 08, 2013, 02:22 PM »

Perhaps but Id have thought he will have a good chance of winning Paris because Joker and Nadal prob won't try very hard there. He could also pick up a shed load at the WTF. There is also Valenica and Basle. Not sure if he is playing any of these.

He could do well at Paris, but Delpo's not a player who can play well for multiple weeks in a row usually so he might try to save himself for the WTF instead. He's playing Basel (which he won last year). I've got a feeling he could do well in Shanghai actually - maybe get to the final there, depending on Rafa's form. But he's so hard to predict this year - he seems to peak in the 500 events and then not play so well in the Masters (apart from Indian Wells).

I personally don't care about the points or his ranking right now, because this has been brought upon by an uncontrollable variant.

Once he's fully fit and raring to go, we'll see how he's up for the challenge if faced with tougher opposition earlier in Quarters, etc.

We all know Andy likes a challenge. yes

Definitely - I think Andy would relish the challenge. Smile And he'll have the freedom to play without having to worry about defending many points over the majority of the year, apart from at the AO and Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 ... 592 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »