Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 ... 586 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 299683 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6900 on: October 24, 2013, 01:52 PM »

I think Delboy's miles better than Berd. He has no fear for a start and never stops fighting. Also, much younger than TB. Would really like him to step up to "Big 4" next year. The top is really unbalanced with Fed sliding.
Andy was No 5 at AO one year, did fine.  yay
Yep, let's "chill".....
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6901 on: October 27, 2013, 07:58 AM »

thanks for posting that dutch fan - encouraging.   Good to know that everything is on course.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6902 on: October 27, 2013, 05:04 PM »

Andy back to  world number 3.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6903 on: October 27, 2013, 05:10 PM »

Andy back to  world number 3.

Yes, and a 600 point gap in between him and Ferrer now. Plus Ferrer will lose loads of points next week, so Andy will probably end the year No. 3 unless Del Potro wins Paris and gets to the final of the WTF.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6904 on: October 27, 2013, 05:12 PM »

Yes, and a 600 point gap in between him and Ferrer now. Plus Ferrer will lose loads of points next week, so Andy will probably end the year No. 3 unless Del Potro wins Paris and gets to the final of the WTF.

It's all about race now lad.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6905 on: October 27, 2013, 05:35 PM »

Are you sure?  I make it that Andy remains 3rd in the race ranking, and Ferrer drops 200 points in the rolling annual ranking (ie the proper rankings), which still puts him ahead of Andy.

My sums show that in the actual rankings, David will be on 6,600 to Andy's 6,295.  In the "live rankings", Ferrer will drop the 1000 tomorrow that he earned in Paris last year, so he'll need a good run next week to stay above him.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6906 on: October 27, 2013, 05:40 PM »

Are you sure?  I make it that Andy remains 3rd in the race ranking, and Ferrer drops 200 points in the rolling annual ranking (ie the proper rankings), which still puts him ahead of Andy.

My sums show that in the actual rankings, David will be on 6,600 to Andy's 6,295.  In the "live rankings", Ferrer will drop the 1000 tomorrow that he earned in Paris last year, so he'll need a good run next week to stay above him.

Indeed, I just noticed that the default rankings on the website I used was Race rankings. Thanks for the correction Sparkle.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6907 on: October 27, 2013, 07:07 PM »

still it increases Andy's chances of finishing at 3 or 4 and I just can't see Ferrer defending his Paris title.  Even if those who have qualified don't turn up mentally there are plenty of young pretenders who will be keen to finish on a high.  And it's great that the final 3 places at 02 still have to be settled and smugfed still can't be sure he'll be there though no doubt he will be.  It would have been ironic if he'd only made it as #9 because of Andy's withdrawal after last year's SF.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6908 on: October 27, 2013, 07:22 PM »

Regrettably, it would take a freakish combination of results for the SmugOne not to be at the O2.  Firstly, he needs to exit Paris very very early and then the guys behind him go deep in varying degrees of success.

JWT needs to reach the Final - at least
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6909 on: October 27, 2013, 07:23 PM »

Ferrer needs to collect 590 points in the coming weeks to overtake Andy again in the rankings.

At this point defending Paris for Ferrer is not what matters if he wants to overtake Andy in the rankings.. the race is what we should be looking at. If Ferrer makes the Paris Final, he collects 600 points in the race, 390 for the semi final...

He can also collect 200 points for each round robin win at the World tour finals...
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6910 on: October 27, 2013, 07:26 PM »

Ferrer exiting Paris by QF'S (180 points) and maximum 2 wins at 02 (400 points) would do nicely.

How's this for an O2 Group.....Rafa/Djoker, Ferrer, Federer, Tsonga - don't think Ferrer will be getting 2 wins out of this lot!!!!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6911 on: October 27, 2013, 07:39 PM »

That won't be a WTF group.

They will fix it to try and help Nadal .
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6912 on: October 27, 2013, 08:58 PM »

Regrettably, it would take a freakish combination of results for the SmugOne not to be at the O2.  Firstly, he needs to exit Paris very very early and then the guys behind him go deep in varying degrees of success.

With Gasquet and Tsonga due to meet in the third round, Fed's chances are even better.

I agree with Sparkle that in the official rankings Ferrer will stay at no 3 this week as last year's Paris points will come off the following week. Andy might get another 0 point penalty, so maybe won't be able to count his 15 DC points for now!

It's going to be interesting to see who does get the points over the next couple of weeks, and exciting to see what might happen next year when hopefully Andy can play more than 13 tournaments.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6913 on: October 27, 2013, 09:10 PM »

Regrettably, it would take a freakish combination of results for the SmugOne not to be at the O2.  Firstly, he needs to exit Paris very very early and then the guys behind him go deep in varying degrees of success.

According to Sky whichever of JWT or Gasquet wins their match (assuming they both make it to that round) will make the WTF.  Yes you're right re the smug one I fear but nice that he'll be one of the last to be confirmed at least. 
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6914 on: October 27, 2013, 10:24 PM »

I'm hoping for a first round exit !!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 ... 586 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »