Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 ... 536 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray's Ranking  (Read 261191 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6990 on: November 03, 2013, 07:11 AM »

@Teejay
Ah, but I remember the time on here when folk were saying he'd never win a slam..... Whistle
Puts everything in perspective.
Nor do I believe in unreal expectations about his return.
However, having said all that I'm really, really hoping he successfully defends Wimbledon pray
 yahooo
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6991 on: November 03, 2013, 08:21 AM »

having read what Andy is saying about not having been able to play various shots he played when younger because of his back so that he's hopeful that if the op has been successful, he'll be a  better player I think it's not exaggerating to say that the sky could be the limit.  Think of Andy's shot making and agility when younger allied with a less passive game and greater strength - wow! So yes you're all right not to worry about rankings for now (though it won't stop me hoping delpo doesn't do too well at wtf  Whistle ).  The main thing is to hope and pray that Andy's back really is sorted by the op and he is now free to play to his full potential - and to win Wimbledon and USO + Olympic gold when he couldn't really is quite remarkable.   
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6992 on: November 03, 2013, 10:49 AM »

Love you Andy  wub you are missed BIG TIME.

Angie - me thinks u been enjoying a few wee drinkies  cheers  Glad to know u take your training for London seriously! hug
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6993 on: November 03, 2013, 10:52 AM »

It is exciting, but I see the injury limiting Andy's game as a reason to have the operation, rather than the presumption he'll be hitting all of those shots in the final of the coming Australian Open.

I totally agree that there's no point in worrying about ratings.  It's amazing that David has only just over-taken Andy in the Year to Date rankings.  Delpo had a poor Australian Open last year, so he has a good chance to gain points then, regardless of how Andy does, so even if he doesn't over-take this year, it could easily happen early next year.

Then again, pretending that seedings are irrelevant isn't fooling anyone.  They are only irrelevant if we don't think Andy will reach his seeded position.  There still isn't much point in worrying about it, but I don't think there is any harm in hoping he can stay top 4.  So long as you weren't the one who nicked Delpo's bag, hoping to put him off. Whistle
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6994 on: November 03, 2013, 01:41 PM »

Angie - me thinks u been enjoying a few wee drinkies  cheers  Glad to know u take your training for London seriously! hug

And once again westie girl has me sussed  clap lol I was pissed ha. Had a night down merchant city....too many cocktails again mate  w00t
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6995 on: November 09, 2013, 05:16 PM »

Fed beats DelPo to reach the semis. Can someone confirm Andy finishes in the top 4 this year and if he does is there still a possibility Andy can drop out the top 4 before the Aussie Open?
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6996 on: November 09, 2013, 05:26 PM »

OK I think Delpo finishes 335 points behind Andy. That gives him a bit of leeway as regards being top 4 for the Aussie Open. He has 250 points to defend in Brisbane.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6997 on: November 09, 2013, 05:29 PM »

OK I think Delpo finishes 335 points behind Andy. That gives him a bit of leeway as regards being top 4 for the Aussie Open. He has 250 points to defend in Brisbane.

Well Andy is playing Doha, not Brisbane.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6998 on: November 09, 2013, 05:31 PM »

Unless there is a freaky way for Delpo to make the semis, he's done for this year, so that leaves his year end points total as 5255, 735 behind Andy's 5790.  Delpo didn't play a warm up tournament before the Australian Open, so he could gain if Andy drops some of his 250 points, but not enough to over-take him unless he can somehow win 3 250s, but I don't think that's physically possible.

Ferrer is finishing the year just 10 points ahead of Andy, and he has included his win at the 250 in Auckland last January, so he could drop behind Andy again, depending on their relative performances.

It is not possible for any other player to over-take Andy before the end of the year, or get within 250 points, so I think that means he's safe.
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6999 on: November 09, 2013, 06:24 PM »

Unless there is a freaky way for Delpo to make the semis, he's done for this year, so that leaves his year end points total as 5255, 735 behind Andy's 5790. 

Thats a form of arithmetic I've never encountered before.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7000 on: November 09, 2013, 06:46 PM »

It was a typo - and that's exactly why I always how my working! lol

Doesn't make any difference to the result - Delpo is more than 500 points behind, so entering two 250s before Australia won't be enough.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7001 on: November 09, 2013, 08:04 PM »

Well Andy is playing Doha, not Brisbane.

I rely on you for this information. Can you enlighten us on whether Berdych will go back above Federer in rankings because of the Davis Cup final if he wins one rubber singles
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7002 on: November 10, 2013, 04:33 PM »

So that's a season-ending 4th, just 10 points behind Ferrer. Bummer. Is there not a Challenger Andy can play just to keep his YE ranking on an upwards trajectory?
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7003 on: November 10, 2013, 04:36 PM »

He should have turned up Shanghai and Paris, then withdrawn during his first game.  Whistle

(I think you get 10 points for a first round loss in Masters)
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7004 on: November 10, 2013, 04:51 PM »

If he'd played any 500 tournaments he'd be able to count his 15 Davis Cup points - but he didn't so he can't!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 ... 536 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »