Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 ... 599 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 323305 times)
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7170 on: January 12, 2014, 12:02 AM »

I set homework not do it, doesn't scare me.

Linda, I love skating, looking foward to watching it in Sochi

IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7171 on: January 12, 2014, 12:05 AM »

I set homework not do it, doesn't scare me.

Linda, I love skating, looking foward to watching it in Sochi

You shouldn't set homework. Do you not believe in kids having fun?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7172 on: January 12, 2014, 12:08 AM »

Believe me I'd rather not - after all, I need to mark it! But our parents and inspectors expect it./ insist on it. And it does prepare them for high school and teach them time management.  But I do have June and December rules about no homework. In June I tell them they have to get outside and play and enjoy the light nights, in December I tell them to go enjoy their christmas activities.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7173 on: January 12, 2014, 12:10 AM »

Believe me I'd rather not - after all, I need to mark it! But our parents and inspectors expect it./ insist on it. And it does prepare them for high school and teach them time management.  But I do have June and December rules about no homework. In June I tell them they have to get outside and play and enjoy the light nights, in December I tell them to go enjoy their christmas activities.

What a lass. If I came to your school and said can I have no homework for the AO, FO, W, USO. Would you let me off? :P
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7174 on: January 12, 2014, 12:14 AM »

Well ud deffo get half the french and all Wimbledon. Maybe you cd get an extension for the other 2
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7175 on: January 12, 2014, 07:15 AM »

If schools set homework they need to provide the facilities at school for the kids who come from chaotic homes. Otherwise these kids are severely disadvantaged.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7176 on: January 12, 2014, 11:50 AM »

Sorry Gangster with me its homework no matter what is happening, otherwise students at uni  would'nt be able to cope with the more relaxed regime Anyway I've often wondered how you find so much spare time to spend on this site
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7177 on: January 12, 2014, 12:18 PM »

Sorry Gangster with me its homework no matter what is happening, otherwise students at uni  would'nt be able to cope with the more relaxed regime Anyway I've often wondered how you find so much spare time to spend on this site

I have an incredible work regime. My college timetable is a mess, I have so many frees that I could get assignments done the day they are set.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7178 on: January 12, 2014, 12:26 PM »

If schools set homework they need to provide the facilities at school for the kids who come from chaotic homes. Otherwise these kids are severely disadvantaged.
  This sort of attitude dismays me a little - yes the facilities should be there, but kids who really thrive overcome these difficulties in their own way.  Ultimately you are responsible for your own life - there's too much whining and blaming others going on nowadays.  Now there's a blue touch paper!!
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7179 on: January 12, 2014, 12:33 PM »

I have an incredible work regime. My college timetable is a mess, I have so many frees that I could get assignments done the day they are set.

What's with the "could do" bit?  What's wrong with clearing the desk each day?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7180 on: January 12, 2014, 01:02 PM »

Um we seem to be waaaay off topic (and yes, I am partly to blame!)
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7181 on: January 12, 2014, 01:12 PM »

What's with the "could do" bit?  What's wrong with clearing the desk each day?

???
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7182 on: January 12, 2014, 01:14 PM »

Well you said u 'could' do your assignments when they were given (and get them out the way), you didn't say you actually do that
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7183 on: January 12, 2014, 01:17 PM »

Well you said u 'could' do your assignments when they were given (and get them out the way), you didn't say you actually do that

I don't do it all the time. I do it most times.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7184 on: January 12, 2014, 01:22 PM »

This sort of attitude dismays me a little - yes the facilities should be there, but kids who really thrive overcome these difficulties in their own way.  Ultimately you are responsible for your own life - there's too much whining and blaming others going on nowadays.  Now there's a blue touch paper!!

You can't blame kids for the chaotic lives their parents live. I've known kids, 11 year olds, who spend one day with one parent and the next with another. Some kids don't even know which parent they're going to at the end of the day. I've known kids locked out of their homes. Kids scared to go home. I could go on and on.
You try managing homework under those circumstances.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 ... 599 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »