Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 ... 599 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 324714 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7200 on: January 17, 2014, 02:50 PM »

When he has Nadal and Djokovic in every QF I am sure you will be happy then.

a) that's pretty unlikely to happen every time, and b) there's absolutely nothing I can do about it - so there's not much point in worrying about it. Just my view!

IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7201 on: January 17, 2014, 04:34 PM »

I'm sure Nadal and Djokovic wouldn't be too thrilled about having Andy as a potential QF either - it works both ways...
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7202 on: January 17, 2014, 04:59 PM »

I have learned not to take much notice of the seedings in a Slam eg  Will Andy have to play both Nadal and Djokovic in the finals for all sorts of things happen in a slam eg Potro going down so early
 Its a case of "What will be will be"
 Remember  Melbourne is his first major since his op and it is the beginning of a long season
 I would like to see Ferrer lose v soon which would help Andy's rankings
  Meanwhile I shall be up at 3-30am to follow his progress

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7203 on: January 17, 2014, 10:30 PM »

Neil Harman tweeted the other day that Andy is not currently scheduled to play Monte Carlo this year, (it's not compulsory) - but there's plenty of time for that to change - I presume.
I'm sure he would be accepted if he wanted to play, but perhaps he's waiting to see how things go with his back.  I feel clay courts might be its biggest test anyway given that it was that surface that aggravated the problem the most.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7204 on: January 18, 2014, 12:57 AM »

It also comes v close to Davis cup qf - maybe he's waiting to see how Davis Cup ties pans out. Plus I reckon he wpuld rather have the extra practise on clay  then get matches in Madrid, Rome.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7205 on: January 18, 2014, 03:47 AM »

Djokovic did Davis Cup and Monte Carlo. No excuses.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7206 on: January 18, 2014, 03:49 AM »

Djokovic did Davis Cup and Monte Carlo. No excuses.

Irrelevant.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7207 on: January 18, 2014, 06:26 PM »

I'm sure he would be accepted if he wanted to play, but perhaps he's waiting to see how things go with his back.  I feel clay courts might be its biggest test anyway given that it was that surface that aggravated the problem the most.

I'm sure you're right Aileen  - they're unlikely to say no!

I remembered something about Andy going to Scotland in April - checking out his hotel perhaps?
Googled and found:Andy Murray to receive freedom of Stirling in April
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-25059286

Monte Carlo is 13th April.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7208 on: January 18, 2014, 06:50 PM »

That's plenty of time to do all that. It would of been much easier to do it after the French Open.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7209 on: January 18, 2014, 07:04 PM »

That's plenty of time to do all that. It would of been much easier to do it after the French Open.

Really? French Open finishes 8th June, grass court season starts at Queens 9th June

There's plenty of time in April to go to Scotland and play Monte Carlo - we'll just have to wait and see. Was just interested that Neil Harman seemed to think he might skip MC
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7210 on: January 18, 2014, 07:08 PM »

I'm more than happy to trust that Andy knows best how to manage his tennis and private schedule. From the start of the clay to the end of Wimbledon is a pretty gruelling stretch. Maybe he just feels it would be best to shorten it a little and keep fresher. Whatever his reasons I am sur he feels they are the best for him. It's his life.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7211 on: January 18, 2014, 07:12 PM »

I'm more than happy to trust that Andy knows best how to manage his tennis and private schedule. From the start of the clay to the end of Wimbledon is a pretty gruelling stretch. Maybe he just feels it would be best to shorten it a little and keep fresher. Whatever his reasons I am sur he feels they are the best for him. It's his life.

Agree totally
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7212 on: January 18, 2014, 07:39 PM »

Really? French Open finishes 8th June, grass court season starts at Queens 9th June

There's plenty of time in April to go to Scotland and play Monte Carlo - we'll just have to wait and see. Was just interested that Neil Harman seemed to think he might skip MC
Getting my dates mixed up. I mean after Wimbledon.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7213 on: January 18, 2014, 08:26 PM »

Yes, I agree, especially when we don't know for sure. He has plenty of time before MC.

I'm also not going to worry about Andy's ranking, whatever happens at the AO. If Andy wins, brilliant, but if not and he slips to 5 for a bit, so what. Given how he is playing, if he was to slip to 5 for a bit it won't be for long.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7214 on: January 19, 2014, 01:25 AM »

I'm sure you're right Aileen  - they're unlikely to say no!

I remembered something about Andy going to Scotland in April - checking out his hotel perhaps?
Googled and found:Andy Murray to receive freedom of Stirling in April
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-25059286

Monte Carlo is 13th April.

Cromlix House, which is on the 2014 Top Ten UK New Hotels List, is scheduled to open on 1 April, so maybe a visit could be fitted in to go along with receiving the freedom of Stirling?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 ... 599 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »