Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 ... 592 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 309056 times)
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7395 on: January 24, 2014, 04:31 PM »

Ok. Let's make it simple for the hard of thinking.

In 2012 and 2013 Andy Murray managed to break his Grand Slam duck, plus snaffle Federer's coveted Olympic Gold Medal from under the Swiss Maestro's arrogant little nose. He did all of this whilst suffering from a back problems that was having an increasing impact on his game. He also reached number 2 in the World.

Now for a little while he is dropping down the rankings, whilst he recovers from an operation on his back. 3/5 months ago.

When his back is better and he is match fit again he will climb back up the rankings.

There is nothing any of us here, or he himself can do about it. Recovering from surgery and regaining fitness takes time.

He is not dropping down the rankings to piss people off, or give himself a hard time. It is a consequence of the surgery he has had and the necessary recovery time.

From a purely personal view point, I don't give a toss about the rankings. What I care about is the fact that last year I found it painful to watch him. He was obviously struggling, and in pain most of the time - (trust me as one who knows that is no fun at all),  and by all accounts eating painkillers like smarties.

I do not doubt that he will be back, and I am really looking forward to seeing what he can do when he is pain free.

If however he can't regain his previous form, well he has lost the titles of "the best player never to win a slam", or "one slam wonder", pinched Fed's Gold Medal from under his nose, and it will have been a privilege and pleasure to watch him fulfil his dreams. Well worth all the sleepless nights and stress.

He doesn't need to "buckle down", he needs to follow the advice of his medics, coach and physics, and recover at the pace that is right for the operation and injury he has suffered from.

Finally after Wimbledon last year and the events of the previous year I think he was at burn out. Carrying the hopes of a nation is one would suspect a heavy and draining burden. The enforced break might well keep him in the game for longer.

Some people on here need to get real...!!!

Masaka, if MW had a "Post of the Month" contest, this would have my vote.  Brilliant post.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7396 on: January 24, 2014, 04:36 PM »

Masaka, if MW had a "Post of the Month" contest, this would have my vote.  Brilliant post.

Thank you. I think most sensible people are thinking along the same lines.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7397 on: January 24, 2014, 05:04 PM »

When Rafa wins AO, he will be the holder of 3 Slams. The other one (The Biggest!) is held by Andy...........it does not matter that he is Number 6 temporarily. He is the only other slam champion.

Now that's a cheering post a really positive reflection on the current situation
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7398 on: January 24, 2014, 05:08 PM »

I've been working all day and only just seen the rankings Murray back at 5 and is Rafa beats Wawrinka as he surely should Andy will stay 5 Things are not so bad after all
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7399 on: January 24, 2014, 05:12 PM »

I've been working all day and only just seen the rankings Murray back at 5 and is Rafa beats Wawrinka as he surely should Andy will stay 5 Things are not so bad after all

Andy is at 6 - liverankings has forgotten Stan won yesterday!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7400 on: January 24, 2014, 05:40 PM »

Andy is at 6 - liverankings has forgotten Stan won yesterday!

Thanks but live rankings need shooting  Ah well I'll be supporting Rafa in the final  strange activity for me I wish his physio team would work on Andy.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7401 on: January 24, 2014, 05:46 PM »

Thanks but live rankings need shooting  Ah well I'll be supporting Rafa in the final  strange activity for me I wish his physio team would work on Andy.

I'll support Rafa as well, partly because his win will annoy Fed and totally for Andy's ranking.   But then we part company.     I would not let ANYONE from Rafa's team anywhere near our Andy.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7402 on: January 24, 2014, 07:07 PM »

I'll support Rafa as well, partly because his win will annoy Fed and totally for Andy's ranking.   But then we part company.     I would not let ANYONE from Rafa's team anywhere near our Andy.

Absolutely - I, too, wouldn't want anyone from Rafa's team anywhere near Andy.

Great post Masaka!
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7403 on: January 25, 2014, 09:57 AM »

Can someone far smarter than me tell me, if Andy makes a good run at the French will it be enough to put him inside the top 4?
IP Logged
sickboy1888
Junior

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7404 on: January 25, 2014, 10:28 AM »

Can someone far smarter than me tell me, if Andy makes a good run at the French will it be enough to put him inside the top 4?

YES I would imagine as its all win win for Andy at the French (and to be fair for most of the next 5 months apart from Miami) in terms of rankings. yay

He has no points to defend but for every up there is a down and at Wimbledon he will be down 2000 points so better hope there is no shocks on the cards for him there early like Rafa and Federer last year.....I doubt there will be mind as he seems pretty good on grass these days   clap
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7405 on: January 25, 2014, 10:32 AM »

^ Pretty good? Best grass court player in the world by a country mile Smile.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Futures Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7406 on: January 25, 2014, 10:41 AM »

Yes! Andy is the best on grass of the top players.

Rafa seems the best on Clay and the hard courts are just so hard to call
IP Logged
sickboy1888
Junior

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7407 on: January 25, 2014, 10:58 AM »

^ Pretty good? Best grass court player in the world by a country mile Smile.

LOL.....I AGREE mainly and I kinda said the same thing as you in a different way...Chill out man...Less aggression...LOL  doh

Don't think mind its by a country mile....Maybe  1/4 of a mile  yay
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7408 on: January 25, 2014, 11:12 AM »

[/quote]   Milly 87 I can't figure out an answer to your question especially now I can't rely on  Live rankings any more but if Andy did well at the French Open it would certainly help
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7409 on: January 25, 2014, 12:06 PM »

LOL.....I AGREE mainly and I kinda said the same thing as you in a different way...Chill out man...Less aggression...LOL  doh

Don't think mind its by a country mile....Maybe  1/4 of a mile  yay

Sorry, no aggression intended, I was being humorous with you. Oh, and the last time I checked I was very definitely not a man Smile.

As for Andy, Wimbledon final in 2012, won the Olympics beating Djokovic and Federer in straight sets and back to back. Queen's last year, plus Wimbledon, where he beat the then world no.1 in straight sets to win. I think his results speak for him Smile.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 ... 592 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »