Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 ... 599 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 326615 times)
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7965 on: April 06, 2014, 05:34 PM »

Both - they should be added tomorrow when the rankings are updated. He'll be 8th in both I think

Thanks for clearing that up!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7966 on: April 06, 2014, 07:57 PM »

of course I realise he could slip again during clay court season when he's not playing any matches but hopefully will pick some points up when he does start playing again
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7967 on: April 07, 2014, 12:44 AM »

Is he playing Barcelona? Know he's skipping MC.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7968 on: April 07, 2014, 02:38 AM »

Is he playing Barcelona? Know he's skipping MC.
No he isn't.  He's coming to the UK anyway during that tournament to get his Freedom of Stirling Award on the 23rd, and visiting his hotel.  I wondered if he might go for the Portugal Open which is the week before Madrid, but it seems pretty certain that that will not be the case as he's focussing mainly on training in the next four weeks.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 07, 2014, 02:42 AM ] IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7969 on: April 09, 2014, 12:22 AM »

Hummm Fed has just taken a Wildcard for Monte Carlo, he clearly doesn't like Stan being the Swiss number 1.

If he gets too far ahead in points, it might make Andy getting into the top 4 again more difficult.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7970 on: April 09, 2014, 01:17 AM »

As it is Fed is 1,315 points ahead of Andy, so this is a bit of a worry.  Fortunately Andy had extremely few points to defend in MC.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7971 on: April 09, 2014, 10:18 AM »

I think Fed's place in the top 4 is secured for a while now. Apart from the Rome final, he's not got too much to defend over the clay season and then only R2 at Wimbledon and R4 at the USO. So if Andy is to get back to the top 4 this year, it'll probably be at Stan's expense.

Interesting that Fed's playing Monte Carlo after skipping it for the past few years. He should be able to secure a top 4 seeding for the French Open if he does well here and still intends on playing Rome and Madrid.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7972 on: April 09, 2014, 11:45 AM »

I fear Andy's rankings are in the lap of the gods  He does'nt seem to put improving his ranking very high on his list of priorities
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7973 on: April 09, 2014, 11:50 AM »

I fear Andy's rankings are in the lap of the gods  He does'nt seem to put improving his ranking very high on his list of priorities
I think it's a case of first things first here.  He won't improve his ranking unless he starts winning more matches/tournaments, and that won't happen until he gets himself 100% fit again, which is why he's doing an intensive training block between now and Madrid.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7974 on: April 11, 2014, 08:28 AM »

I'm sure Andy is right not to fixate on the rankings.   I thought it was a mistake not to play a non-mandatory clay court tournament before the masters but if Andy feels he needs a training block to make him physically fit for the clay and grass seasons plus sort out some 'technical' problems (the serve I presume?) then I will accept his judgement.  And if the back is always going to be a potential problem then the fewer clay court tournaments the better.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7975 on: April 11, 2014, 09:07 AM »

I'm sure Andy is right not to fixate on the rankings.   I thought it was a mistake not to play a non-mandatory clay court tournament before the masters but if Andy feels he needs a training block to make him physically fit for the clay and grass seasons plus sort out some 'technical' problems (the serve I presume?) then I will accept his judgement.  And if the back is always going to be a potential problem then the fewer clay court tournaments the better.

Agreed, if it leads to winning a third slam, I don't care about the points. Andy Murray three time Grand Slam winner sounds so much better.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7976 on: April 11, 2014, 09:25 AM »

I'm settling for a top 8 ranking this year. Hopefully he shows some form at Wimbledon and beyond, going into 2015.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7977 on: April 11, 2014, 05:13 PM »

That's my thinking too Ruthie, especially as that surface also aggravates his bipartite patella.

I'm settling for a top 8 ranking this year. Hopefully he shows some form at Wimbledon and beyond, going into 2015.
Surely at least top 7 as Delpo will now slide down the rankings and won't be back in action for several months.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7978 on: April 11, 2014, 06:28 PM »

and in top 8 for the race is important also, if he's to make 02
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7979 on: April 11, 2014, 08:41 PM »

and in top 8 for the race is important also, if he's to make 02
Andy not making the 02 is something I don't care to contemplate, but I'm optimistic that he'll get there providing he stays healthy.  I could be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if he got his #4 ranking back before the end of the season because I can't see him being happy until he does, despite what he says about not caring about his ranking.  Unfortunately a lot might depend on his new coach, assuming he finds one in the not too distant future and that they can work well together.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 ... 599 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »