Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 593 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 312700 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #795 on: May 07, 2007, 02:42 AM »

In regards to some previous posts in this thread... no way is Murray going to catch up with Novak any time soon, I doubt even this year.
IP Logged
nads
Seed

My Fav AM Pic!

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #796 on: May 07, 2007, 09:42 AM »

^ Novak rose quickly. So did Andy. All it takes is a bad patch from the one, coinciding with a good patch from the other to reverse fortunes. This is still possible this year since the year is relatively young.

I agree with you though that it's unlikely Novak will have a bad patch anytime soon. He's heading for top 4 and excellent seeding at slams :gloomy: - well as long as Andy makes it to the top 8 before Wimbledon I shall be satisfied, irrespective of where Novak is.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #797 on: May 07, 2007, 09:46 AM »

Good posting!
IP Logged
mackym
Challenger Level

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #798 on: May 07, 2007, 10:41 AM »

Who cares about catching Novak - it's Federer he has to catch Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #799 on: May 07, 2007, 01:02 PM »

Will you be saying that when Djokovic is the world no1 in 2 years and Federer is the bottom half of the top10? Wink

Djokovic is one of the players of the future if not the player of the future so I see it as important for our guy to get ahead of him.
IP Logged
rafa
Grand Slam Champion

We have unlimited juice?This party is off the hook

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #800 on: May 07, 2007, 05:58 PM »

Rafa is the player of the future......and the present Wink
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #801 on: May 07, 2007, 08:38 PM »

Well, I think we can say that top 8 before Wimbledon aint going to happen! US Open would be best bet! And top 5 before the end of the year!
IP Logged
nads
Seed

My Fav AM Pic!

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #802 on: May 07, 2007, 08:53 PM »

^Well it's not as clear-cut as that: using this week's rankings, p8 is only 100 pts away - that's performing well in one mandatory tournament... and since Ljub is defending a RG Semi, and Blake and Haas are not clay wizards, making p8 before grass starts depends much on how RG pans out.

I'm not saying he's going to win it, but I do think that he's made improvements on clay and is dying to show them. Yes he's match rusty, but he did win a set 6-1 today... had it not been for the rain, I think he'd have continued from there.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #803 on: May 08, 2007, 12:45 PM »

^ Definately agree with that. That was as impressive as I've ever seen him on clay in set two. He was heading for our prediction of w in 3 with a rusty first set. Unfortunately the rain gave him a rusty set 3 too. I think he'll show us what he's made of at RG and with nothing to defend 100 points isn't a huge ask. And there's a handful of points up for grabs at Queens too. He has a 75 in his others so a semi would see a gain of 25, Final he gets 80 and a win gives him 150! With only 5 to defend in RG a R3, not even his seeded round can gain him 70, R4-145. If he then picks up 40 for going 2 round in Hamburg that's realistically 135 gain by wimbledon. I wouldn't give up on it yet. He MUST win at least 1 match next week.

I know that's all a lot of numbers so I'll give you the bottom line.

He should, realistically win 1 match next week (no points gain, he defends that) if he wins 2 he adds 40.

RG a R3 gives 70 poins. A R4 would probably give him 8th with no other results.

Queens is then a big oppertunity to just push him that tiny bit forward if he needs it with a semi giving him 25.

A combination of these and a little luck we have a No 8 seeding for Wimbledon.
IP Logged
nads
Seed

My Fav AM Pic!

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #804 on: May 08, 2007, 01:35 PM »

Well Haas has helped, he retired at 3-6 2-3 against Stephanek so p10 is likely safe this week, as anyone else below needs at least final to go past Andy this week! yes

Unfortunately none of them are in Rafa's half, that would have guaranteed it, but I trust Federer and Gonzo to get rid of them before final either way.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #805 on: May 08, 2007, 01:36 PM »

Oh fantastic! Is Murray going to be the jammy git again? Surely he'll break some sort of record if he holds on to his top-10 place another week with the number of matches he's played lol
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #806 on: May 08, 2007, 01:49 PM »

Thank you Mr Haas  hug
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #807 on: May 08, 2007, 01:55 PM »

He's just as crap on clay as Andy! and a retiral...could he be out next week?
IP Logged
nads
Seed

My Fav AM Pic!

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #808 on: May 09, 2007, 07:36 AM »

^ I wondered about that. I can't find any further info about it though. Either way, even if Andy is keeping the p10 spot, the people in front of him are pulling ahead, and he's not going to advance without playing, so fingers crossed for a good comeback in Hamburg and RG, and a successful defence of the grass season.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Ranking next week... « Reply #809 on: May 09, 2007, 09:17 AM »

Rafa is the player of the future......and the present Wink

I would ban him from the clay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 593 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »