Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 ... 592 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 308253 times)
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5220 on: September 12, 2012, 10:56 PM »

I enclose an image but cannot see it in the preview. It shows the points trend this yr
Nice steady progress by Andy. All top 4 getting much closer in the points spread.
#1 spot could all come down to London.
I said at the start of the year that the top 4 guys could all finish on between 9,000 and 10,000 points.  Won't happen now cos of Rafa but maybe the other 3 could still finish on around 10,000.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5221 on: September 13, 2012, 07:28 AM »

Here's something that made me look forward to 2013:

http://www.bluesq.com/bet?action=go_oc_grp&level=&type=&type_id=5867&oc_grp_id=242504

I have a feeling 2013 is going to be pretty exciting for Murray fans Smile

No doubt about that!!!!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5222 on: September 13, 2012, 09:26 AM »

No doubt about that!!!!

Excited already bounce
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5223 on: September 13, 2012, 11:25 AM »

Excited already bounce

I was about to add those exact words too!!!!
You read my mind....
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5224 on: September 13, 2012, 11:46 AM »

please let Andy enjoy being no 3 The last thing we want is for him to turn up at the 02 in london injured like he did last year. I hope he takes a good long break He's won his first Slam , be satisfied,for the moment with that
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5225 on: September 13, 2012, 02:44 PM »

Andy is currently down to play Tokyo - if so, Sky better well show it this year.  An enduring memory of 2011 is setting the alarm for 4am and watching a live stream when Andy thrashed Rafa, losing just 4 points in the final set!
They showed it last year did they not?

I have memories of getting up early in the morning to check the score, saw he was a set down (but a break up), fell asleep again, then woke up to see he was 2-0 and 0-40 up in the 3rd. At which point I switched on SkyGo and watched him run riot to a 6-0 win.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5226 on: September 13, 2012, 03:12 PM »

Think they showed Beijing instead, unless I missed some extra scheduling of some kind.  Still, the 4am thing was fun given the result against Rafa
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5227 on: September 13, 2012, 04:38 PM »

Wish Andy had won both Miami and Dubai but he was so focused on the GSs that he couldn't be too bothered giving more than 100%.

Right now, I'd like him to defend Shanghai, Tokyo and if possible, win WTF. That would be really great.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5228 on: September 13, 2012, 04:54 PM »

Given what he has done this year so far, as far as I am concerned he can do what he damn well likes. However given the choice, it would be for ND and Fed to fight it out completely knackering themselves, Murray to consolidate his No 3 ranking and above all enjoy himself without destroying himself, and then nip in at the last moment and snaffle the No 2 ranking. Fed to end the year at No 3, with Murray at No 2. He can then go for The No 1 ranking next year, along with another couple of GS's.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5229 on: September 13, 2012, 05:11 PM »

Given what he has done this year so far, as far as I am concerned he can do what he damn well likes. However given the choice, it would be for ND and Fed to fight it out completely knackering themselves, Murray to consolidate his No 3 ranking and above all enjoy himself without destroying himself, and then nip in at the last moment and snaffle the No 2 ranking. Fed to end the year at No 3, with Murray at No 2. He can then go for The No 1 ranking next year, along with another couple of GS's.
Murray will need to aquire around 2200 points more than Fed between now and the end of the year to finish above him. To me that seems unlikely Murray wins Shanghai, Paris and the WTF. But even then, if Federer reaches the semis of those tournaments then he'd probably still be ahead.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5230 on: September 13, 2012, 05:16 PM »

I think it's highly unlikely he goes higher in the rankings before the year is out. He would need to win pretty much every tournament between now and November. Let's not put too much pressure on him. #3 will do for now.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5231 on: September 13, 2012, 05:34 PM »

I think it's highly unlikely he goes higher in the rankings before the year is out. He would need to win pretty much every tournament between now and November. Let's not put too much pressure on him. #3 will do for now.

Do completely agree, really just want Fed knocked off the number 1 slot, hopefully we can leave ND to sort that out for us and Mr M. Given I think it was one of your posts had me panicking he might slide out of the top 5 at one point, overridingly I just want him to enjoy the rest of the year. I totally agree that he has done more than enough.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5232 on: September 13, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Do completely agree, really just want Fed knocked off the number 1 slot, hopefully we can leave ND to sort that out for us and Mr M. Given I think it was one of your posts had me panicking he might slide out of the top 5 at one point, overridingly I just want him to enjoy the rest of the year. I totally agree that he has done more than enough.
It probably was. Prior to Wimbledon there was nothing in it between Andy and Ferrer and he wasn't in the greatest of form. What a run since then! Now he's comfortably ahead of Ferrer and should finish well ahead of Rafa.

Djokovic is actually 1000 points ahead of Federer in the Year-to-date rankings, and with Federer defending 3000 points yet (Djokovic not defending much at all) I think it's only a matter of time before Djokovic returns to #1. The WTF could decide a lot, given Federer is defending 1500 points there, with Andy and Novak defending 0 and 200 respectively.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5233 on: September 13, 2012, 08:44 PM »

(Originally posted this in the USO final thread, then decided it's probably more relevant here!)

Just the Majors:

1 Djokovic - 5120 (W, F, F, SF)
2 Murray - 4280 (W, F, SF, QF)
3 Federer - 3800 (W, SF, SF, QF)
4 Nadal - 3245 (W, F, R2, DNP)

Slams + Olympics:

1 Djokovic - 5390 (W, F, F, SF ; 4th)
2 Murray - 5030 (W, F, SF, QF ; W)
3 Federer - 4250 (W, SF, SF, QF ; F)
4 Nadal - 3245 (W, F, R2, DNP ; DNP)

So as we can see, in terms of the big competitions, Murray has actually been second best - better than Federer - and not far behind Djokovic, who has still been the best player in the Slams.

However the other three have all been far more consistent in Masters. It was clear for Murray that Slams were the main, perhaps only focus (besides a gold medal) this year. Hopefully next year he'll be able to be more competitive in the Masters in order to compete for #1, but I don't know how big a goal that is for him or Ivan right now. I imagine Slams will remain the priority over ranking. If he wishes to catch the top two though (and Nadal too, if he is fit all season) he will need to be competitive in the Masters.

Here are the points won from Masters:

(IW, Miami, MC, Madrid, Rome, Toronto, Cinci)

1 Djokovic - 4880 (SF, W, F, QF, F, W, F)
2 Federer - 3765 (W, R3, -, W, SF, -, W)
3 Nadal -  3485 (SF, SF, W, R3, W, -, -)
4 Murray - 1240 (R2, F, QF, -, R3, R3, R3)

I haven't checked the lower ranked players but I would assume that Ferrer and maybe Berdych are ahead of Murray in terms of points won in Masters.

I hope this gives people a good idea of where each players' points lay (the remaining points are from 500 and 250 events).
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter September 13, 2012, 08:53 PM ] IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5234 on: September 13, 2012, 11:25 PM »

Thanks TMH. If Andy stays healthy and able to get to 9,000+ points by year end, he will be in a position to push for #1 ranking in Q1 next year.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 ... 592 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »