Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 ... 593 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 313058 times)
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5250 on: September 17, 2012, 12:03 PM »

Sky Sports have committed to showing Tokyo live this year I believe, it is shown in the "Live on Sky" tab on their website.

It is interesting to note Federer said he is "wounded and exhausted" and "needs some rest" now. Which is definitely covering up for a future withdrawal from Shanghai. Andy could close on Federer in the race with good performances in Tokyo and Shanghai. That would mean a race for 2nd place in the final 3 tournaments of 2012 in Basel, Paris and London, with both Murray and Federer due to play all 3. There's still a reasonable shot at finishing number 2 this year.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5251 on: September 17, 2012, 10:08 PM »

Andy needs to win both Tokyo and Shanghai to have any realistic chance of getting to No.2.  He'd then be about 700 points behind Federer going into the last 3 tournaments.  Then, yes, he may have a chance at No.2

Not convinced about Federer needing a break - he didn't go to Asia last year either. Came back for Basel, Paris and WTF and won all 3 because Andy, Joker and Rafa were all either injured or knackered.
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5252 on: September 17, 2012, 10:44 PM »

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see Andy go on a tear and win 25 or something matches in a row. I equally wouldn't be surprised to see him lose 2nd round in Tokyo.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5253 on: September 18, 2012, 12:40 AM »

Andy needs to win both Tokyo and Shanghai to have any realistic chance of getting to No.2.  He'd then be about 700 points behind Federer going into the last 3 tournaments.  Then, yes, he may have a chance at No.2
That assumes Federer wins no matches during that period which probably won't happen.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5254 on: September 18, 2012, 01:15 AM »

That assumes Federer wins no matches during that period which probably won't happen.
The only tournaments during that period are a few 250's, Tokyo/Beijing and Shanghai. And as Federer has said he'll probably take a little bit of time off, it seems inevitable that we'll see a repeat of last year where he sits out all these tournaments and only returns for Basel-Paris-WTF.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5255 on: September 18, 2012, 01:16 AM »

Sky Sports have committed to showing Tokyo live this year I believe, it is shown in the "Live on Sky" tab on their website.

It is interesting to note Federer said he is "wounded and exhausted" and "needs some rest" now. Which is definitely covering up for a future withdrawal from Shanghai. Andy could close on Federer in the race with good performances in Tokyo and Shanghai. That would mean a race for 2nd place in the final 3 tournaments of 2012 in Basel, Paris and London, with both Murray and Federer due to play all 3. There's still a reasonable shot at finishing number 2 this year.
that's good news - something to look forward to as will be at home that week.  Hope Andy doesn't end up injuring himself before 02 as result of Asian swing but he is playing one fewer tournament this year and I'm sure Mr L wil give advice as to how to avoid a repeat this year
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5256 on: September 18, 2012, 06:14 PM »

Andy and Novak will be the force next year.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5257 on: September 18, 2012, 07:51 PM »

Er, no - it means Andy will have to get 800 points more than Federer out of the 3000 available.  Not easy maybe, but possible
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5258 on: September 19, 2012, 02:07 AM »

Er, no - it means Andy will have to get 800 points more than Federer out of the 3000 available.  Not easy maybe, but possible
You're probably right but could you explain further?

The points for this year only are: Federer: 8905 and Murray 6730 so Fed is 2175 points ahead.

So if Murray gets 800 points more than Fed between now and Shanghai, he'll be 1375 points behind no?  But you said he'd be 700 points behind...

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5259 on: September 19, 2012, 02:45 AM »

You're probably right but could you explain further?

The points for this year only are: Federer: 8905 and Murray 6730 so Fed is 2175 points ahead.

So if Murray gets 800 points more than Fed between now and Shanghai, he'll be 1375 points behind no?  But you said he'd be 700 points behind...

He said Andy needs to win Tokyo and Shanghai, which would theoretically leave him 675 points behind, assuming Federer again misses the Asian swing, which seems likely.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5260 on: September 19, 2012, 03:28 AM »

He said Andy needs to win Tokyo and Shanghai, which would theoretically leave him 675 points behind, assuming Federer again misses the Asian swing, which seems likely.
Yes, that assumes that Federer doesn't go to Asia but Mackem refuted that.

Do you include Shanghai in the "Asian swing" because Federer has confirmed that he's attending and I don't think being exhausted will be a good enough excuse to pull out of Shanghai for a second year (a tournament sponsored by Fed's major endorser - Rolex).

So the 675 point difference that you posted probably won't happen.
[ Last edit by notnek September 19, 2012, 03:35 AM ] IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5261 on: September 19, 2012, 09:31 AM »

I did read somewhere, a few months ago, that Federer would not play the Asian Swing but go to South America instead. I do not know if that is his current plan
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5262 on: September 19, 2012, 09:35 AM »

I did read somewhere, a few months ago, that Federer would not play the Asian Swing but go to South America instead. I do not know if that is his current plan

I remember reading that too bb.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5263 on: September 19, 2012, 10:02 AM »

I think the South America trip is an exo in December that Federer's doing.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5264 on: September 19, 2012, 10:52 AM »

I think Federer's losing it big time.  Any sort of trip to South America is bonkers if he's claiming fatigue.  Hope he's not playing Shanghai as that would make Andy's chances of a No. 2 spot even harder.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 ... 593 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »