Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 ... 599 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 325654 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5325 on: October 09, 2012, 10:14 AM »

Tejay that was a great post. Take a bow.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5326 on: October 09, 2012, 12:02 PM »

Tejay that was a great post. Take a bow.

Thank you, and thanks to everyone who made kind comments. I go on a bit, but I do try to make sense.

Prodigy, also must say that earlier I was reading some of your comments on the Mail's site in response to pathetic comments some had made about Andy. I was going to join in, but you'd said everything I would have said, so I didn't bother. Just wanted to say well done.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5327 on: October 09, 2012, 12:06 PM »

Thank you, and thanks to everyone who made kind comments. I go on a bit, but I do try to make sense.

Prodigy, also must say that earlier I was reading some of your comments on the Mail's site in response to pathetic comments some had made about Andy. I was going to join in, but you'd said everything I would have said, so I didn't bother. Just wanted to say well done.

Haha, didn't expect someone on here to spot me but I spend most of my time on The Mail site defending Andy, in fact that's all I really go on there for because I always spot people hating on him. When he wins they all go into hiding, but when he loses they act like it's Christmas...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5328 on: October 09, 2012, 12:18 PM »

When he wins they all go into hiding, but when he loses they act like it's Christmas...

True, but they are idiots, so you have to put it down to where it comes from. Half of them don't watch tennis other than Wimbledon. I suspect they tend to think there is one tournament a year and that is it.

I spotted you a mile off, was very impressed. I'm trying to remember what my username is on there, but I think I use my first and surnames on it sometimes. If you ever spot a tracyhodgkins on there it will be yours truly.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5329 on: October 09, 2012, 12:21 PM »

Alright awesome. I did use my full name but changed it. There's a lot of dim Tennis watchers out there, they probably all idolize overpaid Footballers like Wayne Rooney or John Terry, whilst we idolize someone who has never done anything stupid in public....
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5330 on: October 09, 2012, 12:25 PM »

whilst we idolize someone who has never done anything stupid in public....

LOL. That's true. But I swear, if Andy ever does any Djokovic like dancing in public I might just have to give him a smack lol.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5331 on: October 09, 2012, 12:41 PM »

LOL. I like Djokovic, I'm a fan of his nearly as much as Murray, the silly stuff he does suits him, but it wouldn't suit Murray.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5332 on: October 09, 2012, 01:30 PM »

LOL. I like Djokovic, I'm a fan of his nearly as much as Murray, the silly stuff he does suits him, but it wouldn't suit Murray.

I like him too, almost as much as Andy, I like the way their games are so similar I think. The dancing wouldn't suit Andy though, agreed lol.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5333 on: October 09, 2012, 01:34 PM »

Did you miss this one, teejay? lol

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5334 on: October 12, 2012, 02:03 PM »

I too think and hope that Andy gives Basel a miss, it's only 500 points. I want him to be in peak condition for the WTF! Smile
Well he certainly wasn't in a good state of health today - as he proclaimed to the world - and during his post-match interview yesterday he was coughing quite bit, like he had a sore throat/cold.

I hope he skips Basel anyway.  Just unfortunate that with the off-season being longer Paris and the WTF are back to back.  Also there's now only one week between Shanghai and Basel whereas there used to be two? Think
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5335 on: October 12, 2012, 04:14 PM »

Well he certainly wasn't in a good state of health today - as he proclaimed to the world - and during his post-match interview yesterday he was coughing quite bit, like he had a sore throat/cold.

I hope he skips Basel anyway.  Just unfortunate that with the off-season being longer Paris and the WTF are back to back.  Also there's now only one week between Shanghai and Basel whereas there used to be two? Think
Yep there was two last week year. St. Petersburg has moved to take Bucharest's place (which has moved to the same week as Barcelona now) and the other event originally that week is now the same week as Moscow and Vienna. Stockholm, I think.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter October 12, 2012, 04:23 PM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5336 on: October 12, 2012, 04:17 PM »

I agree that he should skip Basel but then again with Fed's comments last year when he skipped it, I wouldn't mind seeing Andy go just to trounce Fed there. If it's just a bug he has, which is what it seems like, he should be better within 2/3 days anyway.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5337 on: October 12, 2012, 04:31 PM »

Yep there was two last week. St. Petersburg has moved to take Bucharest's place (which has moved to the same week as Barcelona now) and the other event originally that week is now the same week as Moscow and Vienna. Stockholm, I think.
Thanks for the explanation MH.  I wondered which tournaments had been moved.

If it's just a bug he has, which is what it seems like, he should be better within 2/3 days anyway.
I don't know about that.  Apparently he picked the bug up before Tokyo, so it could be one of these ones that are difficult to shift.  Anyway Andy'll do what he feels best.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5338 on: October 12, 2012, 04:55 PM »

Just can't see Andy playing Basel AND Paris AND WTF in 3 consecutive weeks.  He's said WTF is his priority so might as well give Paris a miss.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5339 on: October 12, 2012, 05:48 PM »

Just can't see Andy playing Basel AND Paris AND WTF in 3 consecutive weeks.  He's said WTF is his priority so might as well give Paris a miss.
Why not? Federer managed it last year, winning all three.

And I dare say Andy is in better shape than Federer.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 ... 599 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »