Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 ... 580 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 289632 times)
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5355 on: October 13, 2012, 08:15 PM »

So Murray CAN end the year as world number 2?

Indeed. He has to win a lot matches which is not impossible and also depends on how well Federer performs.
[ Last edit by Coldmarek October 13, 2012, 08:26 PM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5356 on: October 13, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Now that would really be the icing on the cake if he did manage it.

IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5357 on: October 13, 2012, 08:27 PM »

Now that would really be the icing on the cake if he did manage it.

Sure, bur we already know the feeling of being one step closer to the number one spot and that is we all really want.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5358 on: October 13, 2012, 08:35 PM »

A double portion of icing would be for Andy to give another schooling to Fed at Basel.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5359 on: October 13, 2012, 08:37 PM »

Agreed. Just wondering, if Andy does manage to scrape his way to World Number 2, could he technically make a push for World Number 1 @ the Australian Open?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5360 on: October 13, 2012, 09:04 PM »

Agreed. Just wondering, if Andy does manage to scrape his way to World Number 2, could he technically make a push for World Number 1 @ the Australian Open?
As Novak is defending 2000 points, without a doubt. A reversal (Andy winning, Novak losing in the semis) would be a 2560 point swing.

It's possible, but asking a bit too much. Andy would need to be super consistent between now and then, and that's not really realistic. Only Novak in recent years since Federer's domination in early-mid 2000's has been able to consistently win/go deep in all the Masters/Slams, regularly beating the rest of the top four.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5361 on: October 13, 2012, 09:14 PM »

Good point, I guess a steady rise would be better for Andy. Don't want him putting too much pressure on himself mentally and although I think he might win the Australian Open, I have a feeling Nole will be his opponent in the final. Of course reaching the Final for Andy and losing would still be a point gain so I guess it's a positive. These ATP rankings really do confuse me but thankfully since joining the forum I've been able to understand them a little better.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5362 on: October 13, 2012, 10:41 PM »

I'm not in a hurry for Andy to make no 1; plenty of time.  Let's just enjoy what he's achieved this year and hope he ends on a high note at WTF.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5363 on: October 13, 2012, 11:34 PM »

I'm not in a hurry for Andy to make no 1; plenty of time.  Let's just enjoy what he's achieved this year and hope he ends on a high note at WTF.
My senitments too Ruthie.  Andy's achieved far more this year than anyone expected he would, probably including Andy himself.  Let the No.1 ranking come when it will.

And as far as Basel goes, Andy may be down as playing but these things are usually arranged well in advance.  With only a week between Shanghai and there it wouldn't surprise me if Andy pulled out nearer the time if he's still feeling the effects of his bronchial infection.  Viruses can be pretty draining even in the fittest of people and on top of that there's the long flight time plus recovery from jetlag plus acclimatisation.  He's got nothing to lose, so why hammer himself with Paris and the WTF so close?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5364 on: October 13, 2012, 11:45 PM »

thumb up

The last thing he needs is more pressure and expectation. Now he's got the Slam monkey off his back let's actually try and enjoy his matches without all this worry about rankings and whatnot. For me personally I'm not even considering him being number one until the point that it becomes a very realistic shout (ie within 1000 points of top spot).

My senitments too Ruthie.  Andy's achieved far more this year than anyone expected he would, probably including Andy himself.  Let the No.1 ranking come when it will.

And as far as Basel goes, Andy may be down as playing but these things are usually arranged well in advance.  With only a week between Shanghai and there it wouldn't surprise me if Andy pulled out nearer the time if he's still feeling the effects of his bronchial infection.  Viruses can be pretty draining even in the fittest of people and on top of that there's the long flight time plus recovery from jetlag plus acclimatisation.  He's got nothing to lose, so why hammer himself with Paris and the WTF so close?
Yep. I'd love him to be in top condition for Basel and to win in Federer's own turf, but if he's not at full fitness I don't want to see him risking his health for the WTF. I have faith in Andy and his camp though that they will make the right decision.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5365 on: October 14, 2012, 07:09 AM »

But it would be so incredibly wonderful if he did manage to dislodge Fed......wouldn't it? superman
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5366 on: October 14, 2012, 08:24 AM »

Indeed. He has to win a lot matches which is not impossible and also depends on how well Federer performs.

That is the actual problem. Andy winning the matches is fine but in order to become no.2, Roger has to stop getting points, which I think is not possible no matter how pathetically he plays..does Roger lose points if he loses the WTF?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5367 on: October 14, 2012, 12:31 PM »

That is the actual problem. Andy winning the matches is fine but in order to become no.2, Roger has to stop getting points, which I think is not possible no matter how pathetically he plays..does Roger lose points if he loses the WTF?
He's defending 500 at Basel, 1000 at Paris and 1500 at WTF, so unless he wins all three again he will lose points.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5368 on: October 14, 2012, 04:34 PM »

He's defending 500 at Basel, 1000 at Paris and 1500 at WTF, so unless he wins all three again he will lose points.
Somehow I just can't see Fed winning all that - certainly not if yesterday's performance was anything to go by.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5369 on: October 14, 2012, 04:52 PM »

Somehow I just can't see Fed winning all that - certainly not if yesterday's performance was anything to go by.

I was just saying the same thing to my brother...unfortunately, he didnt see how pathetic Roger was yesterday  Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 ... 580 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »