Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 ... 599 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 327374 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5370 on: October 14, 2012, 09:33 PM »

Somehow I just can't see Fed winning all that - certainly not if yesterday's performance was anything to go by.
No me either, but then I thought that last year and look what happened. He was of course aided by the other three being injured/fatigued, although did manage his schedule very well. If Murray and Djokovic are fighting fit though then you'd imagine they'd be able to stop him. Worth remembering that Federer loves playing indoors though, so who knows.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5371 on: October 14, 2012, 09:59 PM »

I think realistically we are looking at after RG for Andy to get no 1. No reason why he cant. He's got loads to gain at Paris, WTf, possible gain at AO, likley gain at IW... big chances to gain points during clay masters, and RG.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5372 on: October 15, 2012, 09:37 AM »

Andy is going to gain a lot of points from now on!! He has only 180 points to defend until the end of the year. Thats accross 3 ranking tournaments ie. a 500; 1000 and WTF possible 1500.
Andy can get much closer to Federer by year end, and then ready to pounce early next season.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5373 on: October 15, 2012, 09:51 AM »

I think it will be a challenge between him and Djoker realistically dex. Fed well lose points because I don't see him winning anything from now until year end.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5374 on: October 15, 2012, 10:12 AM »

Possible 3000 points to play for.

Andy is defending 180.
Federer is defending 3000.

1700 pts between them roughly. It's certainly possible. Has Andy ever been higher in the rankings than Roger?

IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5375 on: October 15, 2012, 10:19 AM »

Possible 3000 points to play for.

Andy is defending 180.
Federer is defending 3000.

1700 pts between them roughly. It's certainly possible. Has Andy ever been higher in the rankings than Roger?

This time last year he pushed Roger down to number 4 for a few weeks. Hope he can move ahead this year but if not I'm sure it'll happen early next year - the difference in their movement is really noticeable now and I think Roger is going to struggle to keep up with Novak and Andy.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5376 on: October 15, 2012, 10:21 AM »

Hopefully Andy dispatches fed in Basel. I think Andy will aim to win Basel to gain the points he lost in Shanghai.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5377 on: October 15, 2012, 11:32 AM »

Hopefully Andy dispatches fed in Basel. I think Andy will aim to win Basel to gain the points he lost in Shanghai.

Yeah I think he may focus more on Basel. Paris is going to be difficult for all the top 8 players - whoever reaches the final may potentially be playing the very next day in London. Tough schedule.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5378 on: October 15, 2012, 01:59 PM »

Yeah I think he may focus more on Basel. Paris is going to be difficult for all the top 8 players - whoever reaches the final may potentially be playing the very next day in London. Tough schedule.
Agree, but remember WTF is a round-robin and each win is worth 200 points, he can aford to drop one match. Andy can make a lot of points there and he does not need to win the comp.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5379 on: October 15, 2012, 02:02 PM »

Agree, but remember WTF is a round-robin and each win is worth 200 points, he can aford to drop one match. Andy can make a lot of points there and he does not need to win the comp.

It would be awesome to win both of them...and I think Basel is gonna be easier.
No matter what, I guarantee that the winner is not gonna be Roger.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5380 on: October 15, 2012, 02:09 PM »

I don't think Murray should be choosing to play Basel, think he would do better with a rest before Paris.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5381 on: October 15, 2012, 03:19 PM »

In terms of No. 1 next year - maybe after RG or Queens - it's just a shame about yesterday cos that was a swing of 800 points in Djoker's favour - surely his main rival next year.  Yeah, Rafa may be a threat but, if at all, it won't be until 2nd half of the year.  As for Roger.....Roger who?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5382 on: October 15, 2012, 04:28 PM »

Paris has more points at stake but is super duper fast.
Ooh dear confused
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5383 on: October 15, 2012, 04:45 PM »

I thought the courts at Shanghai were pretty fast too. I think Andy would manage them okay.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5384 on: October 15, 2012, 05:37 PM »

I think it will be a challenge between him and Djoker realistically dex. Fed well lose points because I don't see him winning anything from now until year end.
People said the same last year after he slipped to #4 and look what happened.

I don't see Federer winning all three tournaments again (although I would never rule it out) but I do think he will win at least one or two of the last three tournaments.

I don't think Murray getting to #2 by the year end is that realistic in all honesty, short of dominating the last three tournaments and hoping for Federer not to win any. A 1700 point swing (which is how far behind Murray is in the YTD rankings) is just too big in all reality.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter October 15, 2012, 05:43 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 ... 599 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »