Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 2 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 ... 581 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 291933 times)
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5400 on: October 18, 2012, 05:14 PM »

You know the #1 player always has a target on their back, and also many fans love rooting for the underdog and so they yell and scream for the opponent who is playing the #1, not to mention the pressure of maintaining that position, so for now, I would like to see Andy enjoy his ride up the ladder to obtaining that #1 position. 
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5401 on: October 18, 2012, 05:16 PM »

I think Andy will take over Federer no problem but it's going to be a very tough battle to topple Djokovic.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5402 on: October 18, 2012, 06:31 PM »

You know the #1 player always has a target on their back, and also many fans love rooting for the underdog and so they yell and scream for the opponent who is playing the #1, not to mention the pressure of maintaining that position, so for now, I would like to see Andy enjoy his ride up the ladder to obtaining that #1 position. 
My feelings exactly Apollo.  Of course I hope Andy will take the #1 spot at some point but I'm not in any hurry.  I'd be happy with #2 next year. And remember once you're #1 the only way you can move is down.  I think that puts a lot of pressure on.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5403 on: October 19, 2012, 01:49 PM »

My feelings exactly Apollo.  Of course I hope Andy will take the #1 spot at some point but I'm not in any hurry.  I'd be happy with #2 next year. And remember once you're #1 the only way you can move is down.  I think that puts a lot of pressure on.

I really hope when he becomes World no.1, his period isn't short..
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5404 on: October 19, 2012, 02:31 PM »

You only need one week at No.1 to be "A former World number 1" tag.
Henman was only No.4 for a total of five weeks. He is always referred as the "former World number 4".
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5405 on: October 19, 2012, 02:35 PM »

I just want more victories for him.(AO and Wimbledon,I'm looking at you in particular!)
Not that I wouldn't love for him to be number 1-obviously I would!-but rankings will be a by-product of the victories.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5406 on: October 19, 2012, 06:46 PM »

I think Lendl said something v similar dani while also accepting Andy's goal of becoming #1.  The most important thing is to consolidate his position as a GS winner and then, provided he doesn't slump between GSs, the ranking will take care of itself.   
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5407 on: October 20, 2012, 05:46 AM »

I just want more victories for him.(AO and Wimbledon,I'm looking at you in particular!)
Not that I wouldn't love for him to be number 1-obviously I would!-but rankings will be a by-product of the victories.

Very true..and even I have my eyes on Wimby and AO...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5408 on: October 20, 2012, 12:33 PM »

Hi All,

I'd love Andy to get to no.1, because he clearly wants it. I think it is significant for him that he can see new goals now he has that first slam. It shows he isn't content to settle for that and put his feet up for the rest of his career, which has to be right. The good thing is that Andy is keeping his feet on the ground. He knows what he needs to do to get to no.1, i.e. he needs to be consistent through the year, and he knows that is tough. That said, I get a sense that he believes he can do it, which is positive.

That said, I'd take another slam any time. I'd love Andy to win the AO, I really would. If he was to do that in January he could really put the losses there to bed. A Wimbledon win would be awesome too. The whole country would go mad!

I'm sure it's right that getting to no.1 makes a player a target. Of course, any player would want to beat the man at the top. I'm getting a horrible mental image of Raonic smirking, ugh! Then again, I think all of those top players are targets really, it's just a matter of how you deal with it.

Must just say as well, thanks to everyone who wished me well yesterday. Michelle, if you are reading this, I'll reply to your message when my thinking is a little clearer. This has taken me a while to think through lol. I saw my doctor yesterday. The good news is that I don't have a chest infection. The bad news is that I have laryngitis again. That's at least twice this year. Not good!

IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5409 on: October 20, 2012, 12:41 PM »

Teejay- hope you are feeling better soon.Laryngitis is horrible.Your post is spot on as usual. I read an article recently about Lendl who said in an interview that the best is yet to come with Andy. Can't wait for 2013!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5410 on: October 20, 2012, 12:56 PM »

Yes teejay hope you get over your laryngitis soon did you not have it a while ago. Get well soon.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5411 on: October 20, 2012, 02:59 PM »

Aww TJ..I feel so bad for you.
My aunt had it before and I knew how much she suffered and went through..
Get well soon TJ, you are in my prayers...
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5412 on: October 20, 2012, 03:54 PM »

Teejay- Laryngitis is horrible.
Unless your a married man.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5413 on: October 21, 2012, 01:34 PM »

Aww TJ..I feel so bad for you.
My aunt had it before and I knew how much she suffered and went through..
Get well soon TJ, you are in my prayers...

Thanks for that. I need all the help I can get at the moment.

I get it at least twice a year, but this time it's twice within a matter of a couple of months. What with that and a migraine at the beginning of the week, I'm not having a good time.

Still, got a few Andy matches on DVD to keep me going, so it's not all bad!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5414 on: October 21, 2012, 01:36 PM »

Thanks for that. I need all the help I can get at the moment.

I get it at least twice a year, but this time it's twice within a matter of a couple of months. What with that and a migraine at the beginning of the week, I'm not having a good time.

Still, got a few Andy matches on DVD to keep me going, so it's not all bad!

That is nice to hear TJ!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 ... 581 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »