Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 ... 586 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 301007 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5430 on: October 29, 2012, 10:56 PM »

Listening to Leif Shiras earlier, talking to Marcus about Andy, he gave the impression that he wouldn't be surprised if Andy won Paris and the WTF. He certainly gave the impression that the momentum is between Andy and Djokovic.

I would agree completely that it is wise not to get too ahead of ourselves. As much as I'd love Andy to win Paris and the WTF, and finish the year at 2 in the world, if Andy doesn't it won't ruin what he has done this year, not in my eyes. That said, I'd much rather hear people taking about Andy as one of the top contenders now, rather than all that rubbish from earlier in the year when it was being suggested that the gap between Andy and 'the top three' was getting bigger and those below him were catching up fast.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5431 on: October 30, 2012, 06:19 PM »

Yes saw that yesterday too tj and was struck by how positive LS was about Andy as THE player right now despite loss to Nole in Shanghai.  And just seen the dreaded Cowan purring on about how well Andy played in that final despite losing. 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5432 on: October 30, 2012, 06:31 PM »

Yes saw that yesterday too tj and was struck by how positive LS was about Andy as THE player right now despite loss to Nole in Shanghai.  And just seen the dreaded Cowan purring on about how well Andy played in that final despite losing. 

Shiras was positive, it was good to hear. Cheered me up no end. Ah well, as long as Cowan is being nice he can say what he likes lol. He still makes me cringe though, there's something creepy about him!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5433 on: October 30, 2012, 06:36 PM »

Listening to Leif Shiras earlier, talking to Marcus about Andy, he gave the impression that he wouldn't be surprised if Andy won Paris and the WTF. He certainly gave the impression that the momentum is between Andy and Djokovic.

I would agree completely that it is wise not to get too ahead of ourselves. As much as I'd love Andy to win Paris and the WTF, and finish the year at 2 in the world, if Andy doesn't it won't ruin what he has done this year, not in my eyes. That said, I'd much rather hear people taking about Andy as one of the top contenders now, rather than all that rubbish from earlier in the year when it was being suggested that the gap between Andy and 'the top three' was getting bigger and those below him were catching up fast.
Teejay1, no truer words have ever been spoken, errr.., well written. yay
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5434 on: October 30, 2012, 06:50 PM »

I heard that too but, unfortunately, Cowan couldn't help putting the sting in the tail.  When Croft commented on Andy's admission that he hadn't been well in Asia and asked Cowan if he thought that was why Andy had lost the final, he said that he didn't think Andy was ill at all.  Maybe I'm being unduly sensitive, as he was unusually complimentary to Andy, but he just couldn't resist getting the dig in somewhere!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5435 on: October 30, 2012, 10:57 PM »

Cowan is a Fed fan eat sh*t or die! He has never spoke highly of Andy in my hearing, except since Andy one the Olympic Gold and the US Open he is not  quite so nasty, but he is not an Andy fan, I think is boils down to jealousy .
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5436 on: October 30, 2012, 11:07 PM »

^ He's probably still smarting over Andy's tweet about him. lol
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5437 on: October 30, 2012, 11:59 PM »

What did Andy tweet ?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5438 on: October 31, 2012, 01:38 AM »

What did Andy tweet ?

After one of Andy's wins last year (Cincy maybe, I think) someone tweeted him about Cowan's negative commentating, and Andy responded.

I'm not going to quote it word for word because Andy removed it.. but I will paraphrase as best I can. :

He expressed his non-surprise and compared Cowan's knowledge of tennis to that of a small bird, adding he was not very good at commentating, and could have done more with his life. He ended with a hashtag and a four letter word beginning with 't' and ending with 'l'.

I'm sure his PR folks must have had a conniption because it was hastily taken down.
A pure freaking Andy classic! lmao
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5439 on: October 31, 2012, 03:07 PM »

After one of Andy's wins last year (Cincy maybe, I think) someone tweeted him about Cowan's negative commentating, and Andy responded.

I'm not going to quote it word for word because Andy removed it.. but I will paraphrase as best I can. :

He expressed his non-surprise and compared Cowan's knowledge of tennis to that of a small bird, adding he was not very good at commentating, and could have done more with his life. He ended with a hashtag and a four letter word beginning with 't' and ending with 'l'.

I'm sure his PR folks must have had a conniption because it was hastily taken down.
A pure freaking Andy classic! lmao

I didn't know about that! Good one Andy! I couldn't agree more lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5440 on: October 31, 2012, 03:10 PM »

I heard that too but, unfortunately, Cowan couldn't help putting the sting in the tail.  When Croft commented on Andy's admission that he hadn't been well in Asia and asked Cowan if he thought that was why Andy had lost the final, he said that he didn't think Andy was ill at all.  Maybe I'm being unduly sensitive, as he was unusually complimentary to Andy, but he just couldn't resist getting the dig in somewhere!

Ah well, I have a theory that Cowan, Fed and Berdych went to the same charm school.

Cowan is jealous of Andy, pure and simple.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5441 on: October 31, 2012, 04:09 PM »

I thought Cowan was very pro-Murray in the Shanghai final actually, kept on backing him, defending him and rooting for him. Even after Djokovic turned it around he was still defending Murray.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5442 on: October 31, 2012, 06:41 PM »

I thought Cowan was very pro-Murray in the Shanghai final actually, kept on backing him, defending him and rooting for him. Even after Djokovic turned it around he was still defending Murray.

Are you sure that was Cowan?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5443 on: October 31, 2012, 08:39 PM »

Are you sure that was Cowan?
Was definitely Cowan. I was quite surprised.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5444 on: October 31, 2012, 10:42 PM »

He must have been feeling off colour that day TMH!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 ... 586 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »