Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 369 [370] 371 372 373 ... 599 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 327636 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5535 on: January 29, 2013, 01:10 PM »

according to today's Independent Andy is not playing any tournaments before Indian Wells (though personally I'd not be surprised if he applied for a wild card for delray beach to get some match practice just before).

I wouldn't be surprised either way to be honest. I wonder if Andy just feels that his time will be better spent preparing for Indian Wells and Miami, rather than playing in Delray Beach.

I suppose it's a tricky balance between playing enough, so as not to go in cold as it were, and playing in one of the tournaments, but not giving himself chance to prepare for the Masters tournaments ahead. He's surely going to want to do better in Indian Wells this year, and it would be great if he could go one better in Miami.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5536 on: January 29, 2013, 01:52 PM »

With Indian Wells and Miami though the main draw doesn't start until the Thursday (and lasts 11 days) due to the 96 man draw. And the 2nd round doesn't start 'til the Saturday. So even if he played Delray and got to the final, he'd still have about five days to prepare for IW. Plus, the match practice would probably get him in a good rhythm.

Andy and Ivan know best though, so whatever decision they make will certainly be a measured one.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5537 on: January 29, 2013, 01:53 PM »

When does Indian Wells exactly start?
Sorry, but I'm too lazy to google it :P
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5538 on: January 29, 2013, 02:06 PM »

Main draw starts on the 7th March.

I'd recommend bookmarking the main ATP site, it has tonnes of information that is often asked on here.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5539 on: January 29, 2013, 02:11 PM »

Thanks MadHatter re Murray's entry into Dubai according to Overend  I too was surprised cos Murray fell out with this tournie some years ago when he excused his early exit by saying that he was just practising! This did'nt go down very well
  I was also surprised by the 600 points as I had thought Dubai was only 500 and I had'nt heard that it had been upgraded
 I always appreciate your comments and corrections.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5540 on: January 29, 2013, 02:28 PM »

Not playing until IW could be part of Ivan's master plan.   I did hear one the comms say that a practice with Ivan in charge is like a full blown match.   I can imagine that.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5541 on: January 29, 2013, 03:17 PM »

Main draw starts on the 7th March.

I'd recommend bookmarking the main ATP site, it has tonnes of information that is often asked on here.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/

Thanks TMH, will bookmark it. Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5542 on: January 29, 2013, 03:27 PM »

Not playing until IW could be part of Ivan's master plan.   I did hear one the comms say that a practice with Ivan in charge is like a full blown match.   I can imagine that.
yes I read that he has two people playing Andy the other side of the net and keeps rotating them so they're fresh!!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5543 on: January 31, 2013, 11:16 AM »

Here's a graph I hadn't seen before - shows how the points drop off through the year for the top 5. Thanks to the amazing  Steve at https://twitter.com/GBtennis

http://www.britishtennis.net/2013top4.htm?n=1
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5544 on: January 31, 2013, 11:41 AM »

Interesting.  Confirms that Andy is No. 2 between RG and USOpen - and I don't think he'll lose it any time soon (not to Federer anyway - Rafa's an unknown quantity).  Some way to go to catch Djoker - the Final losses at Oz and Shanghai was a swing of 2,400 ranking points unfortunately.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5545 on: January 31, 2013, 05:24 PM »

She's too lazy too look it up and yet, she has all time to ask for my pictures. Mark, please ban her.

And Angie too...reason, computer illiterate. Unable to post a link. Please send her back to at least 100 years. She still belongs there.

Please ban their partner in crime Gangsta too. Reason - well, you really do not a need a reason for this one.

If a banning is too much then please put them all on the MW Hall of Shame wall for the next 6 months with no chance of parole. 
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5546 on: January 31, 2013, 05:25 PM »

She's too lazy too look it up and yet, she has all time to ask for my pictures. Mark, please ban her.

And Angie too...reason, computer illiterate. Unable to post a link. Please send her back to at least 100 years. She still belongs there.

Please ban their partner in crime Gangsta too. Reason - well, you really do not a need a reason for this one.

If a banning is too much then please put them all on the MW Hall of Shame wall for the next 6 months with no chance of parole. 

Emma, Zarfeen bribed me into it. £1000000000000000000 for doing nothing is a handy tip.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5547 on: February 01, 2013, 12:26 PM »

Hey! You first post a proper pic of yours and then talk. And Angie is my dearest friend so no banning for us. I guess we need to form a bigger team to get that one pic out of you. And as for gangsta.....
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5548 on: February 01, 2013, 12:28 PM »

Emma, Zarfeen bribed me into it. £1000000000000000000 for doing nothing is a handy tip.

Gangsta!!!!!!!!!!!! How mean of you??? That was supposed to be our secret! You cant just spill it out to Emma...at least till she posted her pic..
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5549 on: February 15, 2013, 09:59 PM »

Andy gained 410 points on Federer tonight without playing a shot as the Fed went out against Benneteau in the quarters. As he was defending the 500 title from last year.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 369 [370] 371 372 373 ... 599 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »