Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 ... 593 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 314276 times)
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5580 on: February 19, 2013, 07:29 PM »

Points defences:
Rotterdam: Fed 500 Andy 0
Dubai: Fed 500 Andy 300
I/Wells:Fed 1000 Andy 10
Miami: Fed 45 Andy 600
Monte: Fed 0 Andy 180
Barca: Fed 0 Andy 90
Madrid: Fed 1000 Andy 0
Rome: Fed 360 Andy 90
French O: Fed 720 Andy 360

TOTAL TO END OF CLAY SEASON: Fed 4125 Andy 1630
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5581 on: February 19, 2013, 08:15 PM »

I'm sure Andy will be ranked 2 at RG, even though I don't think he'll play Madrid.  I still think it poor that ATP made this a clay tourney
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5582 on: February 19, 2013, 08:52 PM »

Shouldn't the above poll be changed to 2013
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5583 on: February 19, 2013, 09:10 PM »

The only reason for holding off on deciding whether or not to enter would be if he felt he needed to rest up from an injury.  I was thinking that if he felt his toe-nails never had quite recovered...

lmaoff lmaoff wthell wthell lmaoff lmaoff lol lol lol lol yahooo yahooo yahooo lmaoff lmaoff lmaoff lmaoff lmaoff lmaoff lmaoff
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5584 on: February 19, 2013, 09:33 PM »

^ It's kind of intriguing to see how he comes out when he does play. His not playing must be for a reason.  Exciting times!  Very Happy
  There's definitely an air of psychological tennis about this. Like he's lifting himself above the pack in some way. Very interesting to see how it will work out. Just hope he's physically fresh, and not overtrained.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5585 on: February 19, 2013, 09:47 PM »

clap

lmaoff lmaoff wthell wthell lmaoff lmaoff lol lol lol lol yahooo yahooo yahooo lmaoff lmaoff lmaoff lmaoff lmaoff lmaoff lmaoff
It's almost as if you want people to think you are an arse, isn't it? clap
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5586 on: February 19, 2013, 09:51 PM »

that wasn't the impression I got Aileen.  Yes he wants to prepare better for clay court but I'd understood that he wanted to do better in IW than previous years and therefore wasn't rushing around playing lesser tournaments.  Like you I think it would make sense to ask for a WC for Delray beach but I think we have to have faith that Lendl knows what he's doing, if he doesn't.  Incidentally if he really was focusing only on the clay court season would he not perhaps have done a Rafa and gone down to Latin America to play?  Or at least be practising on clay now?  No I still think he has IW and Miami in his sights first
That's what he said, but then he could hardly say anything else.  It would be wonderful though if he could replicate his 2009 performances both in IW and Miami where he was beaten in the final of IW by Nadal (a doubtful participant this year according to latest reports) and then went on to defeat Djokovic in Miami, but I still maintain that match rustiness could hamper him in IW even with an 'easy' draw.  Ultimately though we have no idea what he and Lendl are cooking up between them.

I'm sure Andy will be ranked 2 at RG, even though I don't think he'll play Madrid.  I still think it poor that ATP made this a clay tourney
What makes you think he won't play Madrid given that it's obligatory and where he has no points to defend?  Last year he had his back problem so gave it a miss, which, in the circumstances might have been a good thing because I don't think he'd have been too happy with the blue clay, especially as he seems to have enough problems sliding on the red stuff.

There's definitely an air of psychological tennis about this. Like he's lifting himself above the pack in some way. Very interesting to see how it will work out. Just hope he's physically fresh, and not overtrained.
It's the over-training thing that worries me.  Other players believe in holidays, Andy doesn't.  Like Lendl he's a workaholic.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5587 on: February 20, 2013, 07:47 AM »

Bye bye ExFed goodbye  Fingers and tongue.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5588 on: February 20, 2013, 05:30 PM »

POLL FOR 2013 NOW ADDED.  Votes can be amended if you change your mind as the season progresses.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5589 on: February 20, 2013, 11:21 PM »

You sure? Remember Andy drops 300 points for not playing Dubai. Then again Fed has 500 points to defend at Dubai. Things could get interesting on the rankings front real fast. Not too happy about Andy missing Dubai to be honest.

I meant to write semi-final instead of final, but that's just assuming Federer defends Dubai.

After Dubai:

Andy: 8180
Federer (if Fed defends his title): 9855

If Andy wins Indian Wells and Federer reaches the semi-finals:

Andy: 9170
Federer: 9215

If Andy wins Indian Wells and Federer loses in the quarter-finals:

Andy: 9170
Federer: 9035

The thing is though, Andy has to defend a final in Miami (600 pts), while Federer only defends R3 (45 pts), so it could be very short-lived if it happens.
[ Last edit by silver lining February 20, 2013, 11:28 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5590 on: February 23, 2013, 01:55 PM »

ATP:Top 30 players (based on 2012 year-end Emirates ATP Rankings) must play a minimum of four 500 level tournaments during the calendar year, including at least one event following the US Open (Monte Carlo Masters 1000 event will count towards the minimum of four and all penalties apply)
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Rankings-FAQ.aspx

Wonder which Andy will play? Not Rotterdam, Memphis, Acapulco, Dubai, leaving:

Barcelona (22 April)
Hamburg (15 July)
Washington (29 July)
Beijing/Tokyo (30 September)
Valencia/Basel (21 October)

Monte Carlo will count for one, Barcelona and Tokyo probably. He's withdrawn from Basel 2 years running...
Still don't understand why Queen's isn't a 500 with a 64 player entry
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5591 on: February 23, 2013, 02:48 PM »

ATP:Top 30 players (based on 2012 year-end Emirates ATP Rankings) must play a minimum of four 500 level tournaments during the calendar year, including at least one event following the US Open (Monte Carlo Masters 1000 event will count towards the minimum of four and all penalties apply)
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Rankings-FAQ.aspx

Wonder which Andy will play? Not Rotterdam, Memphis, Acapulco, Dubai, leaving:

Barcelona (22 April)
Hamburg (15 July)
Washington (29 July)
Beijing/Tokyo (30 September)
Valencia/Basel (21 October)

Monte Carlo will count for one, Barcelona and Tokyo probably. He's withdrawn from Basel 2 years running...

I think the rule is 4x 500 events or less, so can be 2x 500 and 2x 250

So Andy has already played 1 250 event Brisbane

The others are:

Barcelona 500
Queens 250
Tokyo 500
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5592 on: February 23, 2013, 03:06 PM »

I think the rule is 4x 500 events or less, so can be 2x 500 and 2x 250

That's not what the bit I quoted says!

ATP site also says "Commitment players (top 30 in 2012 year-end ranking) can count their best six (6) results from ATP World Tour 500, ATP World Tour 250 and other events (Challengers, Futures, Davis Cup, Olympics) toward their ranking. To count their best six (6), players must have fulfilled their commitment to 500 events - 4 total per year (at least 1 after the US Open)."
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5593 on: February 23, 2013, 03:14 PM »

Me neither.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5594 on: February 23, 2013, 04:29 PM »

That's not what the bit I quoted says!

ATP site also says "Commitment players (top 30 in 2012 year-end ranking) can count their best six (6) results from ATP World Tour 500, ATP World Tour 250 and other events (Challengers, Futures, Davis Cup, Olympics) toward their ranking. To count their best six (6), players must have fulfilled their commitment to 500 events - 4 total per year (at least 1 after the US Open)."

I agree it's vague but i'll roll with it, so he needs 4x 500 events

He's confirmed for:

Barcelona & Tokyo which is 2
Monte carlo is included so that's 3

The rest is sketchy, if he decides to play davis cup after the US open i think this can qualify as a 500 event

"If a player doesn't play enough ATP 500 events and does not have an ATP 250 or Challenger appearance with a better result, the Davis Cup is counted in the 500's table"

But unsure wether you have to play for a team in the world group to qualify.

I don't think it will be Hamburg as that is clay and just after Wimbledon, Washington as it's OH hard and at the end of July so he will have had the break after Wimbledon but that would mean 3 back to back tournaments before the US open.

Basel would be the best bet but i wouldn't count on it, if you look at his schedule for 2013 there is only the 3 500 events he has so far signed on for including Monte Carlo so my guess is that he just decided to dump Dubai and get a big fat 0 points as a penalty.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 ... 593 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »