Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 ... 536 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray's Ranking  (Read 261146 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5655 on: March 11, 2013, 11:17 AM »

I think Andy has been quite wise in not over talking about the rankings. It seems to me as if he wants to get to 2, but at the same time he knows that what really matters is the results, i.e. get the results and the ranking will take care of itself. That has to be a wiser approach than dashing all over the place, like Ferrer might do perhaps, to make up the points and then wearing himself out for when it really matters.

There are obvious benefits to getting to 2 though, like when you meet certain opponents, that sort of thing.

Personally I'd love to see Andy get to 2 in the world. To my mind it would show how far he has come, and also demonstrate that he is playing at a high level much more consistently now.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5656 on: March 11, 2013, 12:08 PM »

I think Andy has been quite wise in not over talking about the rankings. It seems to me as if he wants to get to 2, but at the same time he knows that what really matters is the results, i.e. get the results and the ranking will take care of itself. That has to be a wiser approach than dashing all over the place, like Ferrer might do perhaps, to make up the points and then wearing himself out for when it really matters.

There are obvious benefits to getting to 2 though, like when you meet certain opponents, that sort of thing.

Personally I'd love to see Andy get to 2 in the world. To my mind it would show how far he has come, and also demonstrate that he is playing at a high level much more consistently now.

Well written TJ. clap
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5657 on: March 11, 2013, 01:24 PM »

Barring any more injury, I'd have thought Rafa will be No 4 before too long, may even be higher after clay season. When that happens don't think ranking matters that much as any one of the top 4 wil have to beat 2 of the others to get the title.
Rafa's absence has really skewed tournaments.
That being said Nole seems to have got everyone's number at the mo., and the only person with any chance of beating him is.....the one and only Mr Murray yay
Of course clay....well we'll have to see there but I fancy Nole's chances there. It'll be the want that he wants most anyway.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5658 on: March 11, 2013, 03:07 PM »

Barring any more injury, I'd have thought Rafa will be No 4 before too long, may even be higher after clay season. When that happens don't think ranking matters that much as any one of the top 4 wil have to beat 2 of the others to get the title.
That being said Nole seems to have got everyone's number at the mo., and the only person with any chance of beating him is.....the one and only Mr Murray yay
Of course clay....well we'll have to see there but I fancy Nole's chances there. It'll be the want that he wants most anyway.

Did you watch Djoko's match last night bbh?  I didn't doubt that he would win in the end but he definitely made heavy weather of it.  His 6-0 scoreline in the first set was mostly down to Foggy just not turning up - after that Djoko had some very sticky passages and certainly didn't look like the all conquering hero.  I'm sure he'll improve as the tournament progresses though just as Andy will.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5659 on: March 11, 2013, 03:09 PM »

I did not see Nole match last night as I fell asleep. Maybe it will be on again in the highlights.tonight.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5660 on: March 11, 2013, 06:56 PM »

Nadal is defending over 4500 points from the clay season. Short of winning every single clay Masters, Barcelona and Roland Garros, he's not going to regain #4 (unless Ferrer loses a hell of a lot of points). Right now he's merely defending points. He won't be able to gain any until Wimbledon onwards.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5661 on: March 11, 2013, 07:09 PM »

@TMH  Ferrer's not looking so great at the mo.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5662 on: March 11, 2013, 07:20 PM »

But is only defending 1605 to Rafa's 4590.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5663 on: March 11, 2013, 07:23 PM »

Did Rafa win every clay court- blimey!
Just as well in Ferrer's case. Can see him out of top 10 this time next year.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5664 on: March 11, 2013, 09:07 PM »

Did Rafa win every clay court- blimey!
Just as well in Ferrer's case. Can see him out of top 10 this time next year.
All but Madrid where he lost to Verdasco in R3.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter March 11, 2013, 09:31 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5665 on: March 12, 2013, 06:45 AM »

@TMH
Remember that now. Do you know are they sticking with the blue stuff, because Rafa said he wouldn't play if they did?
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5666 on: March 12, 2013, 07:42 AM »

@TMH
Remember that now. Do you know are they sticking with the blue stuff, because Rafa said he wouldn't play if they did?

Blue clay was banned from the tour shortly after Madrid ended, so no.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5667 on: March 12, 2013, 07:59 AM »

Cheers silver, so Rafa could make some points up there.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5668 on: March 12, 2013, 10:58 AM »

Him and Djokovic will probably make big ground there, whilst it's another place where Federer has a lot to lose.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5669 on: March 13, 2013, 09:03 AM »

What is wrong with reporters?  The Scottish Paper's headlines are 'Murray battles into the 4th round' whereas the others have more favourable headlines.

Am just reading the book 'Hitting Back' (birthday present)  and can see why Andy gets so angry with the press and, of course, so did Tim Henman.  Great book and I have also read the new one which is also great.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 ... 536 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »