Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 ... 592 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 309549 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5685 on: March 16, 2013, 09:57 AM »

If Andy really wants to overtake Federer in the rankings and indeed prevent anyone else overtaking him I suggest he enters more tournaments,  cuts the everlasting "training" and gets a bit of match practice

And ends up completely knackered by the time the majors come round. Yep, makes sense that.

Andy being overtaken looks pretty unlikely to me.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5686 on: March 16, 2013, 10:18 AM »

Andy's comfortably ahead in the rankings at the moment - the threat to his position will probably come from Rafa in the second half of the season as he has nothing to defend. Given that Federer's defending Madrid and Andy didn't play there last year, there's plenty of ground to make up there. I'd be surprised if he's not the number 2 seed going into RG. Needs a good showing in Miami though.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5687 on: March 16, 2013, 10:27 AM »

I think he will improve come Miami, I never thought he looked comfortable at Indian Wells.  Apparently the reason Andy took six weeks off after Australia was to gear up for the rest of the year, given what has happened in the past I think was a good idea.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5688 on: March 16, 2013, 11:23 AM »

I think Andy will be great in Miami, don't think the speed and the bounce in IW is comfortable for him. Anyway love and support Andy through highs and lows!
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5689 on: March 16, 2013, 09:00 PM »

What are the conditions for Andy to become No.2 in the Miami Masters?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5690 on: March 16, 2013, 09:12 PM »

What are the conditions for Andy to become No.2 in the Miami Masters?

He'd have to win it I think.  Fed will be 8670, Andy 7750,  when last year's Miami points drop off. So he'd need the 1,000.

He will be seeded 2nd for the tournament though, as Fed isn't playing
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5691 on: March 16, 2013, 09:16 PM »

i dont understand. He only needed to  be a runner up at Indian Wells to become No 2. Yet u are saying that he will need to win Miami
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5692 on: March 16, 2013, 09:26 PM »

i dont understand. He only needed to  be a runner up at Indian Wells to become No 2. Yet u are saying that he will need to win Miami

Its all very confusing.... They have to defend points etc from last season
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5693 on: March 16, 2013, 09:30 PM »

he will probably win miami and make it to the sf of monte carlo masters
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5694 on: March 16, 2013, 09:31 PM »

Players have to defend the points they won a year ago.

Last year Andy went out early in Indian wells, so he only had 10 points to defend. He gains points this year by getting to the QF. If he'd reached the final he would have overtaken Fed

Last year he reached the final at Miami, so he has 600 points to defend. Fed went out early last year, so will only drop 45 points.

It does all make sense, but takes a bit of getting used to!

IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5695 on: March 16, 2013, 09:34 PM »

thanks for clearing that up. very much appreciated
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5696 on: March 16, 2013, 09:41 PM »

Pleased to help.

The ATP site gives all the information, updated every Monday
See here for Andy's ranking points http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Andy-Murray.aspx?t=rb

http://live-tennis.eu/
for match by match updates!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5697 on: March 16, 2013, 11:31 PM »

And wasn't MM photoed with Andy at IW party?

He was indeed.

Good to see some of you got the double entendre.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5698 on: March 18, 2013, 01:40 AM »

If Andy really wants to overtake Federer in the rankings and indeed prevent anyone else overtaking him I suggest he enters more tournaments,  cuts the everlasting "training" and gets a bit of match practice
I wouldn't disagree with that.  Andy seems to think that total physical fitness will help him win Slams, but, as Federer once said, there's a difference between being gym fit and match fit.

Obviously being as fit as possible is crucial but it came out the other day that Andy spends more time in Miami doing extremely rigorous fitness training with various sporting groups than he does practising tennis.  Also other players take regular holidays.  Andy doesn't.

And ends up completely knackered by the time the majors come round. Yep, makes sense that.
Yes but he frequently ends up being knackered, or ill or injured, anyway for the reasons stated above.   Doing what he's doing is probably adding as much stress to his body as playing two or three extra tournaments, so it's counter-productive really.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5699 on: March 18, 2013, 06:29 AM »

I did feel that once Andy passed Federer he should be able to stay there but I see Nadal is now only just over 1000 points behind him.  Of course, he has so many points to defend over the clay court season this may not happen but it it possible.  This maybe why Andy wants to be as fit as possible so he can gain some points over the season.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 ... 592 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »