Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 ... 599 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 324387 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5730 on: March 31, 2013, 07:43 PM »

Who is the new Number 2 in the world ?

Oh yeah.. ANDY MURRAY!  yay
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5731 on: March 31, 2013, 08:33 PM »

Who is the new Number 2 in the world ?

Oh yeah.. ANDY MURRAY!  yay

yay

IP Logged
LIBANY
Satellite Level

Connecting to multiple grand slams Murray!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5732 on: March 31, 2013, 09:01 PM »

yay

Heart Heart Heart trophy trophy trophy bounce bounce bounce Boo hoo! Boo hoo! Boo hoo!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5733 on: March 31, 2013, 09:55 PM »

yay  Bagpipes  yay
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5734 on: March 31, 2013, 10:01 PM »

yay  cmon yeah  yay

DavidLaw ‏@DavidLawTennis
This is the first time since November 10, 2003 that both Roger #Federer and Rafael #Nadal have been ranked outside the Top 2 in the world.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5735 on: March 31, 2013, 10:11 PM »

You know, these people who question (or did question) whether it's a Big Four, or just a Big Three... they need to look at Masters titles. Andy has nine. How many do del Potro, Ferrer, Berdych and Tsonga have between them? Three?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5736 on: March 31, 2013, 10:32 PM »

Doesn't that put Andy up there among the greats of the game for number of masters titles?  I think they were saying that earlier on Sky? And he's one of an elite few who has won Miami more than once.
So much to celebrate though I guess Andy too exhausted to celebrate anything today.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5737 on: March 31, 2013, 10:33 PM »

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5738 on: March 31, 2013, 10:39 PM »

funny isn't it but I don't recall any fuss being made when Andy last got to #2 whereas this time it's big news.  I guess it's because this time it's recognised that he genuinely is the 2nd bestplayer  in the world at present [ok we don't know what will happen with Rafa] and also because for first time for years neither smugfed nor rafa is in top 2.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5739 on: March 31, 2013, 10:43 PM »

Doesn't that put Andy up there among the greats of the game for number of masters titles?  I think they were saying that earlier on Sky? And he's one of an elite few who has won Miami more than once.
So much to celebrate though I guess Andy too exhausted to celebrate anything today.
11th on the list, level with Rod Laver on 9. Sampras has 11, Djokovic and Becker 13.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_Masters_Series_records_and_statistics#Singles_2

I was wondering, why do the former greats have so few Masters? Are they quite recent, were there fewer Masters in the past, do the top players take them more seriously now or is it just the domination of the top 4 winning about 90% of them since 2007?
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5740 on: March 31, 2013, 10:45 PM »

funny isn't it but I don't recall any fuss being made when Andy last got to #2 whereas this time it's big news.  I guess it's because this time it's recognised that he genuinely is the 2nd bestplayer  in the world at present [ok we don't know what will happen with Rafa] and also because for first time for years neither smugfed nor rafa is in top 2.

I think last time it was also generally felt that he was only there because of Rafa's mid-2009 injury layoff.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5741 on: March 31, 2013, 10:47 PM »

11th on the list, level with Rod Laver on 9. Sampras has 11, Djokovic and Becker 13.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_Masters_Series_records_and_statistics#Singles_2

I was wondering, why do the former greats have so few Masters? Are they quite recent, were there fewer Masters in the past, do the top players take them more seriously now or is it just the domination of the top 4 winning about 90% of them since 2007?

I would guess your last suggestion is the most accurate. Outside the current 'big 4' (i.e. the top 3 + Rafa instead of Ferrer), hardly anyone else has had a look-in at Slam or Masters level for a few years now.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5742 on: March 31, 2013, 10:49 PM »

Am I right in thinking Berdych and Del Po don't have a Master's title? Where as Tsonga won Paris a few years ago?
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5743 on: March 31, 2013, 10:50 PM »

Delpo no. Didn't Bersh*t win Paris when he was young, maybe 2007.  Tsonga won Paris 2008.  The top 4 have won 88% of the biggest titles in last 5/6 years i.e. Slams, Masters, WTF, Olympics
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5744 on: March 31, 2013, 10:54 PM »

Level with Laver! There's a thing.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 ... 599 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »