Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 1 Member and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 ... 596 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 319129 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5760 on: April 01, 2013, 01:37 AM »

A measly 360.

180 in Monte Carlo, 90 in Barcelona, 0 from Madrid (didn't play) and 90 from Rome.

By comparison, Federer is defending 1360, Nadal 2590 and Djokovic 1380.

So even though he will fall back to #3 after Monte Carlo if he doesn't make the QFs (and if he doesn't make the SFs, he will fall back to #3 after Barcelona instead, assuming he's not playing Barcelona this year), he should still comfortably be #2 at RG due to Madrid - Federer will struggle to defend his 1000 points (although with a lucky draw he could definitely make the final), whilst Murray has a chance to get some significant gains.

Nadal will definitely be the Wild Card during the clay season - anyone drawing him in the QFs bar maybe Djokovic are surely facing a QF exit, and 'only' 180 points.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter April 01, 2013, 01:41 AM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5761 on: April 01, 2013, 04:52 AM »

Andy better get lot of points in the clay season. Looking forward to it. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5762 on: April 01, 2013, 07:30 AM »

A measly 360.

180 in Monte Carlo, 90 in Barcelona, 0 from Madrid (didn't play) and 90 from Rome.

By comparison, Federer is defending 1360, Nadal 2590 and Djokovic 1380.

So even though he will fall back to #3 after Monte Carlo if he doesn't make the QFs (and if he doesn't make the SFs, he will fall back to #3 after Barcelona instead, assuming he's not playing Barcelona this year), he should still comfortably be #2 at RG due to Madrid - Federer will struggle to defend his 1000 points (although with a lucky draw he could definitely make the final), whilst Murray has a chance to get some significant gains.

Nadal will definitely be the Wild Card during the clay season - anyone drawing him in the QFs bar maybe Djokovic are surely facing a QF exit, and 'only' 180 points.

Thanks for this breakdown, it's really helpful. Given all of Andy's talk about more consistency especially on clay, I'm thinking he'll go more deeper into these tournaments than he did last year...
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5763 on: April 01, 2013, 07:37 AM »

I'm very much enjoying coverage of this news this morning, even if it's deemed less important than the routine footie news. confused
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5764 on: April 01, 2013, 09:15 AM »

funny isn't it but I don't recall any fuss being made when Andy last got to #2 whereas this time it's big news.  I guess it's because this time it's recognised that he genuinely is the 2nd bestplayer  in the world at present [ok we don't know what will happen with Rafa] and also because for first time for years neither smugfed nor rafa is in top 2.

Absolutely   It was a great triumph but it was earned with blood sweat and tears Speaking personally I also know that I do not have a heart problem Watching that match was a stressfull, painful experience for the spectators  never mind the players!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5765 on: April 01, 2013, 09:55 AM »

bb had to laugh - perhaps we should suggest watching Andy become a test of cardiac fitness!
tmh - thanks for the historical stats on masters wins.  Given that surely Andy will win more it suggests he'll easily end up in the top 10. 
And I think 'the race' stats are very telling - Andy not far behind Nole yet having played fewer tournaments and Ferrer is up there partly by dint of having played so many.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if smugfed, down at #8, didn't make it to 02.  Oh well a woman can dream.  Whistle
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5766 on: April 01, 2013, 11:06 AM »

Ah but Ruthie is it not more desirable to see smugfed playing and then annihilated by his opponent?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5767 on: April 01, 2013, 11:33 AM »

I'm very much enjoying coverage of this news this morning, even if it's deemed less important than the routine footie news. confused

Bloody typical!!! Too much emphasis on footie AGAIN!!!!
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5768 on: April 01, 2013, 12:14 PM »

Andy should keep number 2 until at least Wimbledon. Wimbledon is the key for him getting number 1. Montreal/Cincinnati will make up for the olympics.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5769 on: April 01, 2013, 12:44 PM »

bb had to laugh - perhaps we should suggest watching Andy become a test of cardiac fitness!
tmh - thanks for the historical stats on masters wins.  Given that surely Andy will win more it suggests he'll easily end up in the top 10. 
And I think 'the race' stats are very telling - Andy not far behind Nole yet having played fewer tournaments and Ferrer is up there partly by dint of having played so many.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if smugfed, down at #8, didn't make it to 02.  Oh well a woman can dream.  Whistle

I like the idea of watching Andy, especially that match, as a measure of cardiac fitness lol, BB might be on to something there lol.

If Andy can keep going I think the race could be fascinating this year. I suppose it's too early to say but I'd think it was hilarious if Smugfed didn't qualify. I wouldn't usually mention divine retribution, but after that match with Andy last year at the O2 I'd love to see Smugfed get his, if you know what I mean lol.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5770 on: April 01, 2013, 01:40 PM »

Ah but Ruthie is it not more desirable to see smugfed playing and then annihilated by his opponent?
No because in an indoor court with his thousands of travelling fans he might well win!  And I'd love all those in your face fans who will have bought their tickets assuming he'll be in the SFs have to face up to his demise if he's not there - mean of me I know but having had to put up with Fed fans when he was playing Andy at WTF last year, I'm afraid they bring out the worst in me  w00t
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5771 on: April 01, 2013, 03:39 PM »

Doesn't that look good.

* Murray#2.png (184.4 KB, 667x498 - viewed 159 times.)
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5772 on: April 01, 2013, 03:43 PM »

Yes. It. Does.  yay
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5773 on: April 01, 2013, 03:44 PM »

Doesn't that look good.

yes yes
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5774 on: April 01, 2013, 04:18 PM »

Posted this on the match report thread, probably more relevant here:

Also worth nothing the 'Race' rankings (current points gained in 2013):

(These include Miami scores that I've added on myself in my head.. so possible/probable mathematical errors for a couple of them)

1 Djokovic 2990 (5 tournaments)
2 Murray 2630 (4 tournaments)
3 Ferrer 2370 (8 tournaments)
4 Nadal 1900 (5 tournaments)
5 Berdych 1550 (7 tournaments)
6 Del Potro 1425 (7 tournaments)
7 Gasquet 1215 (8 tournaments)

8 Federer 1170 (5 tournaments)

It's very unusual to see Federer so low down the race at this time of year - and with no titles. Usually he's won at least one of Doha/Rotterdam/Dubai. There's a real chance for him to go out of the top 4 later in the year if he loses early at Wimbledon - drawing Rafa in the QF would be a nightmare for him.

Great to see Andy so close to Novak in points, having played one less tournament as well. He's the clear number 2 player in the world right now - nice to have the rankings reflect that. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 ... 596 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »