Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 ... 595 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 318229 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5775 on: April 01, 2013, 04:33 PM »

Doesn't that look good.

The whole ad looks good - and much prefer that outfit on Andy!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5776 on: April 01, 2013, 04:41 PM »

Doesn't that look good.

It does indeed. Seeing it in print like that makes it feel even more real somehow. Well done Champ!

Just a thought, but wouldn't Andy be the first Brit player to get to World no.2 in the Open era? I don't remember another in my lifetime to do it once, let alone twice.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5777 on: April 01, 2013, 05:09 PM »

I think that's right tj though of course not the first time he's done so.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5778 on: April 01, 2013, 05:12 PM »

Looks magnificent TMH Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5779 on: April 01, 2013, 05:17 PM »

Here's the actual 'race' ranking from ATP website as tmh wasn't sure he'd added Miami on correctly.  Looks SO good.  Really underlines how well Andy has started the year despite playing the fewest tournaments of all the top players
 Djokovic, Novak (SRB)    2,990    0    5
2 Murray, Andy (GBR)    2,630    2    4
3 Ferrer, David (ESP)    2,370    0    8
4 Nadal, Rafael (ESP)    1,900    -2    6
5 Berdych, Tomas (CZE)    1,550    1    7
6 Del Potro, Juan Martin (ARG)    1,425    -1    7
7 Gasquet, Richard (FRA)    1,215    1    8
8 Federer, Roger (SUI)    1,170    -1    6
9 Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried (FRA)    920    0    7
10 Nishikori, Kei (JPN)    905    0    7
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5780 on: April 01, 2013, 05:31 PM »

It's very unusual to see Federer so low down the race at this time of year - and with no titles. Usually he's won at least one of Doha/Rotterdam/Dubai. There's a real chance for him to go out of the top 4 later in the year if he loses early at Wimbledon - drawing Rafa in the QF would be a nightmare for him.

Great to see Andy so close to Novak in points, having played one less tournament as well. He's the clear number 2 player in the world right now - nice to have the rankings reflect that. Smile
Not even made a final. Quite an astonishingly poor start. You would have thought he'll eventually win something on clay or on grass (or at least pick up some good points), but there's a fair deal of pressure on him to deliver now. But then he does tend to play well when his back's against the wall.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5781 on: April 01, 2013, 05:33 PM »

Posted this on the match report thread, probably more relevant here:

Also worth nothing the 'Race' rankings (current points gained in 2013):

(These include Miami scores that I've added on myself in my head.. so possible/probable mathematical errors for a couple of them)

1 Djokovic 2990 (5 tournaments)
2 Murray 2630 (4 tournaments)
3 Ferrer 2370 (8 tournaments)
4 Nadal 1900 (5 tournaments)
5 Berdych 1550 (7 tournaments)
6 Del Potro 1425 (7 tournaments)
7 Gasquet 1215 (8 tournaments)

8 Federer 1170 (5 tournaments)

Ferrer and Gasquet have already played 8 tournaments. wow. Andy has played the least - only 4 so far. Federer has yet to win a title this year. Has Nadal played 5 tournaments? I was under the impression he's played 4 and won 3.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5782 on: April 01, 2013, 05:36 PM »

It does indeed. Seeing it in print like that makes it feel even more real somehow. Well done Champ!

Just a thought, but wouldn't Andy be the first Brit player to get to World no.2 in the Open era? I don't remember another in my lifetime to do it once, let alone twice.
The first since a certain Andy Murray did it in 2009.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5783 on: April 01, 2013, 05:37 PM »

Ferrer and Gasquet have already played 8 tournaments. wow. Andy has played the least - only 4 so far. Federer has yet to win a title this year. Has Nadal played 5 tournaments? I was under the impression he's played 4 and won 3.
Oddly the ATP have him and Federer having played six:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx

For some reason Miami is included for both. I guess it's tournament's counted in their ranking, so as Miami and Australian Open (Rafa) are mandatory they are included even though they didn't play.

Here's the actual 'race' ranking from ATP website as tmh wasn't sure he'd added Miami on correctly.  Looks SO good.  Really underlines how well Andy has started the year despite playing the fewest tournaments of all the top players
 Djokovic, Novak (SRB)    2,990    0    5
2 Murray, Andy (GBR)    2,630    2    4
3 Ferrer, David (ESP)    2,370    0    8
4 Nadal, Rafael (ESP)    1,900    -2    6
5 Berdych, Tomas (CZE)    1,550    1    7
6 Del Potro, Juan Martin (ARG)    1,425    -1    7
7 Gasquet, Richard (FRA)    1,215    1    8
8 Federer, Roger (SUI)    1,170    -1    6
9 Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried (FRA)    920    0    7
10 Nishikori, Kei (JPN)    905    0    7
Delighted to see that the points all match up. Very Happy

Nishikori's had a decent start to the season. Right up there thanks to those 500 points from Memphis.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter April 01, 2013, 05:41 PM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5784 on: April 01, 2013, 05:42 PM »

Thank you TMH for making these ranking and points look much easier to me. Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5785 on: April 01, 2013, 05:45 PM »

Oddly the ATP have him and Federer having played six:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx

For some reason Miami is included for both. I guess it's tournament's counted in their ranking, so as Miami and Australian Open (Rafa) are mandatory they are included even though they didn't play.

That makes sense however if you were to average them, it wouldn't be highly correct percentagewise.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5786 on: April 01, 2013, 05:55 PM »

That makes sense however if you were to average them, it wouldn't be highly correct percentagewise.
Yeah I agree. Would be more interesting to see the actual amount of tournaments played. But I guess it's to give you an idea how close they are to the 18 tournament limit. All it tells you right now is how many non-mandatory (all but three) tournaments they have played. Murray with just the one (Brisbane) the fewest of the top guys.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5787 on: April 02, 2013, 01:56 AM »

Can somebody please tell me how many more 250/500 tournaments Andy will have to play because, if am.com is to be believed, he isn't scheduled to play any, apart from Queens.  I do realise though that he could be waiting until the season has progressed a bit before deciding what he's going to do in the latter part of the year.  I'd certainly be expecting him to play either the Japan or China Open in the run up to Shanghai with maybe a minor tournie before the Rogers Cup.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5788 on: April 02, 2013, 02:35 AM »

Can somebody please tell me how many more 250/500 tournaments Andy will have to play because, if am.com is to be believed, he isn't scheduled to play any, apart from Queens.  I do realise though that he could be waiting until the season has progressed a bit before deciding what he's going to do in the latter part of the year.  I'd certainly be expecting him to play either the Japan or China Open in the run up to Shanghai with maybe a minor tournie before the Rogers Cup.

He should play 4 500 tournaments at least (one after the US Open), if he doesn't he gets a 0 pointer for every 500 event he played less and as a result of that he might not be able to count his 6 best results from non-mandatory tournaments. The thing is, he is only scheduled to play 2 250 events, so there won't be any conflict if he doesn't get to 4 by the end of the year. As of now Andy isn't scheduled to play any 500 event (aside from MC, which is counted as such). He could still ask for a wildcard for Barcelona, but I don't think so. He might play Tokyo again.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5789 on: April 02, 2013, 03:00 AM »

He should play 4 500 tournaments at least (one after the US Open), if he doesn't he gets a 0 pointer for every 500 event he played less and as a result of that he might not be able to count his 6 best results from non-mandatory tournaments. The thing is, he is only scheduled to play 2 250 events, so there won't be any conflict if he doesn't get to 4 by the end of the year. As of now Andy isn't scheduled to play any 500 event (aside from MC, which is counted as such). He could still ask for a wildcard for Barcelona, but I don't think so. He might play Tokyo again.
Thanks for the info.  I didn't realise MC counted as a 500 though but I assume that that's because it's a non-obligatory Masters.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 ... 595 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »