Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 ... 599 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 327716 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5940 on: June 04, 2013, 06:02 PM »

(ATP points + grass court points from the last 12 months + 75 percent of grass court points from the 12 months before that)

Worst-case scenario (Murray doesn't play/loses in Queens R1; Federer wins Halle)

Murray: 8310 + (1200+750) + ((250+720)*0.75) = 8310 + 1950 + 727.5 = 10,987.5
Federer: 7640 + (150+2000+450) + (360*0.75) = 7640 + 2600 + 270 = 10,510

Of course this assumes the Olympic points are included. You'd think they would be, but I guess we can't know for sure. Even without then, Murray would have 10,237 to Federer's 10,060 - so I guess it doesn't matter.

IF this formula is correct and I've calculated it correctly (and not missed any grass court points, or used the wrong amount of points) then Murray will be 2nd seed at Wimbledon.

Whether that is good or bad though, who knows. It means he will avoid Djokovic but could face Nadal or Ferrer instead.

(If anyone wants to double check those figures please do. Elena, Silver Lining?)
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5941 on: June 04, 2013, 06:14 PM »

What justification could Wimbledon give for not giving Andy the second seed spot at Wimbledon? He got to the Wimbles final and won the Olympics last year. Okay, Queen's last year was, frankly, a bit of a bummer, but he did the biz in the tourneys that mattered. As far as I'm concerned no one won Queen's last year anyway, so it doesn't count lol.

I think the seedings at Wimbles will be interesting this year. Would Djokovic get top seed? Federer getting it, looking at how he has been lately, seems bonkers. If Nadal gets into the top three seeds I might have to kill someone Whistle.

To my mind it would be ideal if Djokovic did get top seed, with Andy at 2. Federer could have 3, I'm being kind to him, and Nadal at 4. Then what needs to happen is that Nadal goes on Djokovic's side of the draw, and Federer on Andy's. Djokovic would be allowed to beat Nadal on grass - if Nadal plays anything like he has at RG I reckon Djokovic might just manage that. I think Andy would beat Federer. Then Andy meets Djokovic in the final, and job done, Andy wins. Simples!

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5942 on: June 04, 2013, 06:18 PM »

What justification could Wimbledon give for not giving Andy the second seed spot at Wimbledon? He got to the Wimbles final and won the Olympics last year. Okay, Queen's last year was, frankly, a bit of a bummer, but he did the biz in the tourneys that mattered. As far as I'm concerned no one won Queen's last year anyway, so it doesn't count lol.

I think the seedings at Wimbles will be interesting this year. Would Djokovic get top seed? Federer getting it, looking at how he has been lately, seems bonkers. If Nadal gets into the top three seeds I might have to kill someone Whistle.

To my mind it would be ideal if Djokovic did get top seed, with Andy at 2. Federer could have 3, I'm being kind to him, and Nadal at 4. Then what needs to happen is that Nadal goes on Djokovic's side of the draw, and Federer on Andy's. Djokovic would be allowed to beat Nadal on grass - if Nadal plays anything like he has at RG I reckon Djokovic might just manage that. I think Andy would beat Federer. Then Andy meets Djokovic in the final, and job done, Andy wins. Simples!

Assuming the article Elena linked to is right (and there's no reason to assume otherwise) there's a specific formula in the post above that would mean Djokovic is comfortably top seed, Murray 2nd and Federer 3rd.

Nadal could well be 5th seed if Ferrer makes the final. If the latter does beat Tsonga, I may well try and work out the seeding between them two. Ferrer would have the rank and won more grass points in 2012, but Nadal has the 2011 Wimby final.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5943 on: June 04, 2013, 06:57 PM »

My head hurts !

Thanks for the seeding info - didn't know it was so complex. It seems Andy should be No 2 - I think I'll let the rest worry about themselves :-)
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5944 on: June 04, 2013, 07:06 PM »

On another site, they're saying, by this horribly complicated formula, Andy  would be 3 at Wimbledon confused
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5945 on: June 04, 2013, 07:11 PM »

On another site, they're saying, by this horribly complicated formula, Andy  would be 3 at Wimbledon confused
Link?
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5946 on: June 04, 2013, 07:22 PM »

Love your thinking on all counts Teejay.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5947 on: June 04, 2013, 07:26 PM »

Love your thinking on all counts Teejay.

Thanks. I wonder, should I offer my services to do the draw for Wimbles? I would, of course, be neutral in every aspect and would never dream of favouring a certain British player lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5948 on: June 04, 2013, 07:27 PM »

Fed fans clutching at straws again?
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5949 on: June 04, 2013, 07:32 PM »

Roger will lose in the quarters of Halle and Wimbledon now. It's the beginning of the end, you feel.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5950 on: June 04, 2013, 07:47 PM »

Roger will lose in the quarters of Halle and Wimbledon now. It's the beginning of the end, you feel.

Well I won't be shedding any tears. All things have their time and Federer's time appears to be over.

I think the writing has been on the wall since Andy pasted him in the Olympics. It seems obvious to me. Federer won his last two majors against Andy in the final. Andy is now much better. Federer is highly unlikely to play an untried, untested player in a final of a major now. I really do think Federer is done.
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5951 on: June 04, 2013, 07:49 PM »

RF will play first on center court when Wimbledon begins. Does that mean that he will be seeded 1.Or is that what happens because he won there last year.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5952 on: June 04, 2013, 07:55 PM »

It's the beginning of the end, you feel.

I wouldn't be sorry if this was true,but I don't know.We've thought that before and been proved wrong.I've given up trying to predict when he'll retire.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5953 on: June 04, 2013, 08:00 PM »

RF will play first on center court when Wimbledon begins. Does that mean that he will be seeded 1.Or is that what happens because he won there last year.

It's a tradition that the men's defending champ opens play on centre court on the first day, it has no bearing on their seeding.
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #5954 on: June 04, 2013, 08:03 PM »

It's a tradition that the men's defending champ opens play on centre court on the first day, it has no bearing on their seeding.
OK thanks for that it all confuses me.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 ... 599 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »