Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 ... 599 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 328631 times)
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6090 on: June 25, 2013, 07:03 PM »

Shows how rankings are distorted. Ferrer's great and all, but he's basically a 250 vulture.

Murray is disadvantaged by his total inability to play on clay (and injury this year) and general don't-give-a-toss attitude to 250 and 500 events. Interestingly, Ferrer's slam/masters results have been very impressive in the last twelve months.

Ferrer:

Slam: FSSQ
Maters: WFQQ

Murray's breakdown:

Slam: WFF-
Masters: WFQQ
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6091 on: June 25, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Shows how rankings are distorted. Ferrer's great and all, but he's basically a 250 vulture.
Spot on.  He's starting to irritate me now + even his playing style is getting so monotonous - so predictable.  But shots are so consistent he gets way with it.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6092 on: June 26, 2013, 11:00 AM »

Boogers are you ever happy it would seem not. You never seem to post positive remarks I don't know why you are on MW. All you want is to be negative all the time.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6093 on: June 26, 2013, 11:05 AM »

Boogers are you ever happy it would seem not. You never seem to post positive remarks I don't know why you are on MW. All you want is to be negative all the time.

Margaret Smile We need Boogers as a punchbag and also he can be quite funny in his remarks. He should stay.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6094 on: June 26, 2013, 12:25 PM »

I am not asking him to go only to be more positive he only seems to see the negative in everything Conner.
IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6095 on: June 26, 2013, 07:27 PM »

I think that's a bit over the top. There's this idea that Ferrer can't beat the top players, but the way he demolished Del Potro at Wimbledon last year, for instance, was pretty much a masterclass of how to expose your opponent's weaknesses.

Ok he's not as good as the top four, but he deserves a lot of credit in my opinion. He gives up such an advantage with his height that it's a miracle he can even compete at the top level at all - far less reach the final of slams.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6096 on: June 26, 2013, 09:46 PM »

clap  clap clap
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6097 on: June 26, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Murray is disadvantaged by his total inability to play on clay (and injury this year) and general don't-give-a-toss attitude to 250 and 500 events. Interestingly, Ferrer's slam/masters results have been very impressive in the last twelve months.

Ferrer:

Slam: FSSQ
Maters: WFQQ

Murray's breakdown:

Slam: WFF-
Masters: WFQQ

Boogers keeps us grounded in a sort of dark entity kind of way... Very Happy
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6098 on: June 27, 2013, 02:36 AM »

A joy to see Federer at a fixed 5th place position :)  Berdych will also overtake him if him if he reaches the Final or Del Potro will if he wins (after the Olympic points come off).
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6099 on: July 03, 2013, 11:32 AM »

Just checked the live rankings. If Andy loses before the final, Ferrer will indeed be number two. I'm sorry, but this is a nightmare scenario.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6100 on: July 03, 2013, 12:02 PM »

At last someone else sees the danger Ferrer presents to Murray's ranking I pointed this out a couple of months ago and got shouted down Ferrer is a work horse and he's not bothered about surfaces like Andy, He just plays on and usually wins
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6101 on: July 03, 2013, 12:12 PM »

Just checked the live rankings. If Andy loses before the final, Ferrer will indeed be number two. I'm sorry, but this is a nightmare scenario.
  It is, but you will wake up from a nightmare. **** happens, certainly, but why worry?
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6102 on: July 03, 2013, 12:24 PM »

To be honest I can't worry about rankings at the moment.  Lets focus on today and hopefully fri and Sunday too.  The rankings will be what they are. 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6103 on: July 03, 2013, 12:35 PM »

I'm not remotely worried about the ranking. Andy will make that final if I have to drag him there kicking and screaming Smile.

Seriously though, no point worrying about it yet. It hasn't happened and probably won't.

It makes a bit of a farce of the rankings though, when you reach three of the last four major finals and still face a threat from a player who, with all due respect to him, has won one Masters and been to the final of one slam in his life. Still, that is the way it is. I doubt Andy will worry about it. He has other things to focus on that are far more important.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6104 on: July 03, 2013, 01:24 PM »

If Ferrer gets there - He deserves it. That guy is a credit to the sport.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 ... 599 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »