MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 ... 609 Reply

Murray's Ranking

Shows how rankings are distorted. Ferrer's great and all, but he's basically a 250 vulture.

Murray is disadvantaged by his total inability to play on clay (and injury this year) and general don't-give-a-toss attitude to 250 and 500 events. Interestingly, Ferrer's slam/masters results have been very impressive in the last twelve months.

Ferrer:

Slam: FSSQ
Maters: WFQQ

Murray's breakdown:

Slam: WFF-
Masters: WFQQ
IP Logged

Shows how rankings are distorted. Ferrer's great and all, but he's basically a 250 vulture.
Spot on.  He's starting to irritate me now + even his playing style is getting so monotonous - so predictable.  But shots are so consistent he gets way with it.
IP Logged

Boogers are you ever happy it would seem not. You never seem to post positive remarks I don't know why you are on MW. All you want is to be negative all the time.
IP Logged

Boogers are you ever happy it would seem not. You never seem to post positive remarks I don't know why you are on MW. All you want is to be negative all the time.

Margaret Smile We need Boogers as a punchbag and also he can be quite funny in his remarks. He should stay.
IP Logged

I am not asking him to go only to be more positive he only seems to see the negative in everything Conner.
IP Logged

I think that's a bit over the top. There's this idea that Ferrer can't beat the top players, but the way he demolished Del Potro at Wimbledon last year, for instance, was pretty much a masterclass of how to expose your opponent's weaknesses.

Ok he's not as good as the top four, but he deserves a lot of credit in my opinion. He gives up such an advantage with his height that it's a miracle he can even compete at the top level at all - far less reach the final of slams.
IP Logged

clap  clap clap
IP Logged

Murray is disadvantaged by his total inability to play on clay (and injury this year) and general don't-give-a-toss attitude to 250 and 500 events. Interestingly, Ferrer's slam/masters results have been very impressive in the last twelve months.

Ferrer:

Slam: FSSQ
Maters: WFQQ

Murray's breakdown:

Slam: WFF-
Masters: WFQQ

Boogers keeps us grounded in a sort of dark entity kind of way... Very Happy
IP Logged

A joy to see Federer at a fixed 5th place position :)  Berdych will also overtake him if him if he reaches the Final or Del Potro will if he wins (after the Olympic points come off).
IP Logged

Just checked the live rankings. If Andy loses before the final, Ferrer will indeed be number two. I'm sorry, but this is a nightmare scenario.
IP Logged

At last someone else sees the danger Ferrer presents to Murray's ranking I pointed this out a couple of months ago and got shouted down Ferrer is a work horse and he's not bothered about surfaces like Andy, He just plays on and usually wins
IP Logged

Just checked the live rankings. If Andy loses before the final, Ferrer will indeed be number two. I'm sorry, but this is a nightmare scenario.
  It is, but you will wake up from a nightmare. **** happens, certainly, but why worry?
IP Logged

To be honest I can't worry about rankings at the moment.  Lets focus on today and hopefully fri and Sunday too.  The rankings will be what they are. 
IP Logged

I'm not remotely worried about the ranking. Andy will make that final if I have to drag him there kicking and screaming Smile.

Seriously though, no point worrying about it yet. It hasn't happened and probably won't.

It makes a bit of a farce of the rankings though, when you reach three of the last four major finals and still face a threat from a player who, with all due respect to him, has won one Masters and been to the final of one slam in his life. Still, that is the way it is. I doubt Andy will worry about it. He has other things to focus on that are far more important.
IP Logged

If Ferrer gets there - He deserves it. That guy is a credit to the sport.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 ... 609 Reply