Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 ... 592 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 308023 times)
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6150 on: July 07, 2013, 11:42 PM »

Andy just arrived at the Intercontinental Hotel, Park Lane. Looking great, if you could see him between the flashing lights!  Kim looked gorgeous too. Very Happy

Over 20 million people watched the final on TV today in the UK. Then what about the rest of the world?  Many more Smile

IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6151 on: July 07, 2013, 11:42 PM »

It helps a lot for keeping Ferrer off his back, they are now even in points for the US Open race and let's face it Andy should hopefully be better on hard-courts.
That would be a joke now if Ferrer overtook him.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6152 on: July 07, 2013, 11:44 PM »

Andy just arrived at the Intercontinental Hotel, Park Lane. Looking great, if you could see him between the flashing lights!  Kim looked gorgeous too. Very Happy

Over 20 million people watched the final on TV today in the UK. Then what about the rest of the world?  Many more Smile

A billion, I believe.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6153 on: July 08, 2013, 11:55 AM »

Andy has a big chance of getting to No1 next year. Becker was suggesting on Beeb that this could be his next goal.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6154 on: July 08, 2013, 12:56 PM »

Not sure where to post this as it's not an official ranking but Murray has risen to 5 in the reliability zone all time grass performance:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Reliability-Zone/Reliability-Grass-Career-List.aspx

I've always said that Ashley Cooper was the best grass court player Smile
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6155 on: July 08, 2013, 01:45 PM »

Andy has a big chance of getting to No1 next year. Becker was suggesting on Beeb that this could be his next goal.
  Andy has said today  he's a long way from No1 and not thinking about it. Hes concentrating on winning matches
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6156 on: July 08, 2013, 02:32 PM »

I somehow don't feel comfortable with Andy as number 1  .... it feels weird.     
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6157 on: July 08, 2013, 02:43 PM »

The number one spot isn't really important to me either. Rankings change so often. I'm sure he'll get it at some point but I'd rather see him win a few slams down the line without any pressure to catch up to Djokovic.

A relaxed Andy is a better Andy. Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6158 on: July 08, 2013, 03:21 PM »

The number one spot isn't really important to me either. Rankings change so often. I'm sure he'll get it at some point but I'd rather see him win a few slams down the line without any pressure to catch up to Djokovic.

A relaxed Andy is a better Andy. Smile
I feel the same! I do hope he'll get there at some point, but only because he once said that was his ambition.....so I hope it happens for him! As for myself, I'm more than happy with what he's given us already......so anything else is a bonus!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6159 on: July 08, 2013, 05:02 PM »

I feel sure Andy will reach no.1 at some point, maybe even by the end of the year. To my mind there is nothing about it to feel uncomfortable about. If he gets there, when he gets there, it will be because he has produced the results, produced the level of play he needs. That's a good thing for him, nothing to be scared of.

Where I think Andy will do well, and I have said this before, is in not focusing on the ranking, but his results. I don't think Andy will run around like a loon playing every tournament in sight to make the points up. I suspect, and firmly believe, he will aim to do well in the tournaments he does play, which seems the right way to go about it to me.

I do think it is one of the things Andy would like to do, as I'm sure all the best players would. However, I am more pleased that his focus seems predominantly on being the best he can be, getting the results. If he does that the rest will look after itself.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6160 on: July 08, 2013, 06:05 PM »

Murray is actually only 1100 points behind Djokovic in the race now. Djokovic really struggled to gain much of an advantage in the clay season, particularly after winning Monte Carlo. Nadal a further 800 points ahead. Which isn't much, given winning a Slam will instantly catch that up. Nadal really needs to win the USO and/or one of the upcoming Masters to be in #1 contention. He has a bit of a cushion to Murray though.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6161 on: July 08, 2013, 08:25 PM »

I'm not too sure that being no.1 is going to be Andy's main goal still, just the reaction I got from the interviews he's had. If it was he might consider vulturing the 250's and practising in spells on clay all year round (I wonder if he might consider doing this also if he wins the AO).
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6162 on: July 08, 2013, 08:47 PM »

Andy's priority will surely be to retain USO Open but he'll want to well in either Montreal or Cincy - near impossible to do  both as they're back to back.  He has almost no points to defend in these 2 Masters events.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6163 on: July 08, 2013, 09:26 PM »

I feel the same! I do hope he'll get there at some point, but only because he once said that was his ambition.....so I hope it happens for him! As for myself, I'm more than happy with what he's given us already......so anything else is a bonus!
It was also his ambition to win a Slam and to win Wimbledon, and he's finally achieved that, but I get the impression he isn't in a rush to get to No.1.  Particularly now that he's got a back problem I don't see him playing more tournaments than he did this year - in fact, since clay aggravates it, it does raise a question about future clay-court tournaments.  I can't see the virtue in exacerbating the problem by trying to be a success on a surface he isn't very good on anyway.  MC isn't obligatory, so he could always give that a miss, although I'm not sure he would want to skip RG again unless he absolutely had to.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6164 on: July 09, 2013, 08:33 AM »

I'm not too sure that being no.1 is going to be Andy's main goal still, just the reaction I got from the interviews he's had. If it was he might consider vulturing the 250's and practising in spells on clay all year round (I wonder if he might consider doing this also if he wins the AO).
I did wonder if he might try that too.  If his back is OK to start with, it might be a good idea to get a bit of match practice before the main clay season, which could mean he doesn't need to do such intensive practice prior to the main clay season.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 ... 592 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »