Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 ... 592 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 307588 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6180 on: July 09, 2013, 12:48 PM »

Since 2011, the only major Novak has won is the Aussie.

But he has also won a World Tour Finals and a few Masters titles, some of which he hasn't won before, so he will of course of been in front of Murray.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6181 on: July 09, 2013, 12:49 PM »

<3 Lendl.  Where did he say that? Very Happy

I believe he said a couple years ago that Andy was the most talented tennis player on the circuit.  If you just take wins he is absolutely right.  It shows that ranking points do not mean as much as one thinks.  You only have to look at Ferrer and Wozi.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6182 on: July 09, 2013, 12:53 PM »

There's a piece in the Telegraph online which more or less repeats what Lendl said.

It struck me on Sunday that Lendl seemed to really believe Andy had done exactly what he had been meant to do. Somewhere in his smile I'm sure I saw a hint of 'Yes, and?' as if he truly believes Andy is just fulfilling the potential that has been there all along.
Very true TJ, (we were right in our prediction , smug look on my face) How did the celebratory dance go !!!  Whistle
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6183 on: July 09, 2013, 01:51 PM »

We all know Andy is the current world No.1 in all but name - but Andy's not necessarily worth 2000 points better than Djoker so it'll be very difficult for Andy to make up that many 'lost' points from the clay season.

Another comparison is that the only real difference in Slam finals is that Djoker has won 4 Oz finals and Andy has lost 3.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6184 on: July 09, 2013, 01:54 PM »

If Andy wins either Montreal or Cincy, is a runner up in the other, and then retains the USO, he has a huge chance to become world number 1 during the asian swing and indoor season.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6185 on: July 09, 2013, 02:04 PM »

If Andy wins either Montreal or Cincy, is a runner up in the other, and then retains the USO, he has a huge chance to become world number 1 during the asian swing and indoor season.

He isn't playing a single Asian tournament except Shanghai.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6186 on: July 09, 2013, 02:10 PM »

He isn't playing a single Asian tournament except Shanghai.

Doubt that, he has to play a 500 sooner or later, Tokyo will be one of them, Basel/Valencia will be the other.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6187 on: July 09, 2013, 02:12 PM »

Doubt that, he has to play a 500 sooner or later, Tokyo will be one of them, Basel/Valencia will be the other.

Asian, Prodigy. Basel is in Switzerland lol. He might apply for a wildcard into Tokyo, which is a great event in my opinion. Valencia might be good for him because its indoor and Andy isn't terrible indoor.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6188 on: July 09, 2013, 02:45 PM »

Very true TJ, (we were right in our prediction , smug look on my face) How did the celebratory dance go !!!  Whistle

I have to say I chickened out on the dance, but only because I was too shattered from watching the match Smile. I was worse yesterday. I felt like I'd played the match, not just watched it Smile.

Listen, we are allowed to be just a wee bit smug. We picked him, he did it, case closed Smile.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6189 on: July 09, 2013, 03:11 PM »

Interesting comment I saw him make at some point yesterday - sorry can't remember where exactly - about missing the French Open, and working next year to make sure that doesn't happen again. I can't shake off the impression that this years withdrawal was more than a little tactical, and the French Open is still in his sights. Certainly hope so.
I read in one of the many press stories I've read today a suggestion that Andy had perhaps overtrained for the clay court season after MC and that there had been possibly some tension between him and Ivan over this but wasn't clear what their source was.

I think Lendl must have done a general media interview or press conference or something as picked up same story in a number of media sources this morning.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6190 on: July 09, 2013, 04:30 PM »

Asian, Prodigy. Basel is in Switzerland lol. He might apply for a wildcard into Tokyo, which is a great event in my opinion. Valencia might be good for him because its indoor and Andy isn't terrible indoor.

No ****, never implied Basel or Valencia were Asian.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6191 on: July 09, 2013, 07:49 PM »

I have to say I chickened out on the dance, but only because I was too shattered from watching the match Smile. I was worse yesterday. I felt like I'd played the match, not just watched it Smile.

Listen, we are allowed to be just a wee bit smug. We picked him, he did it, case closed Smile.
Haha don't blame you, I to felt exhausted after wimby, but so happy, in fact haven't stopped smiling, still making my way through all the media stuff Smile take care.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6192 on: July 09, 2013, 08:32 PM »

Haha don't blame you, I to felt exhausted after wimby, but so happy, in fact haven't stopped smiling, still making my way through all the media stuff Smile take care.
I think we were all exhausted by the end of the match.  When you want something so badly, you put your whole self into it and it takes everything out of you.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6193 on: July 09, 2013, 08:51 PM »

I think he'll still be 2 at the end of the year, for the reasons he gave.  I think his early experience of making 2 in the world by winning everything except slams and no-one giving a flying erm, stuff made him realise, like Serena, that slams are the only things that count in the media and in history.  Tell me how many weeks Steffi Graf was number 1? He's got a good chance to keep USO, but then I think he'll target indoor asap.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6194 on: July 09, 2013, 08:54 PM »

I think we were all exhausted by the end of the match.  When you want something so badly, you put your whole self into it and it takes everything out of you.
True Apollo, but a lovely exhausted Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 ... 592 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »