Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 2 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 ... 536 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray's Ranking  (Read 261616 times)
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6615 on: September 07, 2013, 04:20 PM »

Why did he pull out of the Aussie Open then?

IMO, they timed the comeback very carefully.
On clay.
Against lesser opponents (with all due respect the S.A. clay swing hasn't always drawn the top ranked players of the game).
Thus Nadal could win basically everything, thereby increasing his confidence before European clay and already building a certain aura back up.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6616 on: September 07, 2013, 04:21 PM »

^ Well, if his knee was so bad a mere 9 months ago, how the heck can it be so cured that he's gone through the hard court opposition like a hurricane?
Whatever's been done to those knees, I want some. Rolling Eyes
BTW I'm still on the side that he's not doping, but quite honestly this doesn't add up. I'm more of the inclination that the knee problem has been grossly over played.

Agree BBH. "grossly over played".
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6617 on: September 07, 2013, 04:29 PM »

The problem that I have, even bearing in mind that it does not do to let too much on to opponents, is that his team should not issue statements giving out contradictory medical information and they should not say he can not practice when anyone with even half a brain can see he has been. In my book Nadal may not be a cheat in the strict sense, but he is a liar. That's my view, take it or leave it.

The "half a brain" comment is so true - I mean, I think it's an insult to tennis fans who follow the sport closely and seriously to be constantly sold this "career threatening injury" and "miracle comeback" stuff. It's obvious to anyone he's CHANGED his game. Obviously he was practicing. And you're right about the varying diagnoses being rather odd as well.

In fact he outright said that that he wasn't playing the AO because after he contracted the flu, he "could not practice" and therefore he couldn't be ready for the AO. They repeatedly said he couldn't practice. And yet, I believe there were shots of him practising on clay shortly thereafter.

Similarly, after winning IW he pulled out of Miami to "rest his knees" and then twitter photos suddenly appeared of him in Europe practicing on clay. Sigh... I just can't' take what comes from the Nadal camp seriously.

The reality is in front of our eyes on the court.

IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6618 on: September 07, 2013, 04:42 PM »

IMO, they timed the comeback very carefully.
On clay.
Against lesser opponents (with all due respect the S.A. clay swing hasn't always drawn the top ranked players of the game).
Thus Nadal could win basically everything, thereby increasing his confidence before European clay and already building a certain aura back up.
And also make sure received maximum points to go back to NO1
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6619 on: September 07, 2013, 04:48 PM »

Similarly, after winning IW he pulled out of Miami to "rest his knees" and then twitter photos suddenly appeared of him in Europe practicing on clay. Sigh... I just can't' take what comes from the Nadal camp seriously.

The reality is in front of our eyes on the court.

As I've said I've no idea where the truth lies but it does feel like everything is being overblown here.  So why would he not rest his knees by not playing on the surface that hurts them and start practising on clay on which he feels much more comfortable?  I don't take that as proof that he doesn't have a knee problem.  I've also read that he is someone able to exercise mind over matter when it comes to pain.  Now I quite accept that the seriousness of his problem could have been overstated but this thread is beginning to feel like a witch hunt against Rafa.  Is he the new hate figure now that smugfed is on the slide?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6620 on: September 07, 2013, 04:53 PM »

As I've said I've no idea where the truth lies but it does feel like everything is being overblown here.
 this thread is beginning to feel like a witch hunt against Rafa.  Is he the new hate figure now that smugfed is on the slide?

I agree - a lot of things don't really add up .. but - this is meant to be a thread about Andy's ranking. There's a thread on tennis talk if folk want to feed conspiracy theories.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6621 on: September 07, 2013, 04:54 PM »

^^ I agree Ruthie - the last 5 pages have been about Nadal.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6622 on: September 07, 2013, 04:57 PM »

As I've said I've no idea where the truth lies but it does feel like everything is being overblown here.  So why would he not rest his knees by not playing on the surface that hurts them and start practising on clay on which he feels much more comfortable?  I don't take that as proof that he doesn't have a knee problem.  I've also read that he is someone able to exercise mind over matter when it comes to pain.  Now I quite accept that the seriousness of his problem could have been overstated but this thread is beginning to feel like a witch hunt against Rafa.  Is he the new hate figure now that smugfed is on the slide?

Unfortunately both have become hate figures for no apparent reason.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6623 on: September 08, 2013, 10:17 PM »

I don't wish to sound bitter, but I am really angry about Nadal. In my book it will be a total travesty if he wins the USO. He was clearly absent from the tour under false pretences. As you all know, I'm not a technical expert in the game, but even I can see the changes in his game. Thank you Gnome, for the confirmation that his serve has improved. I thought so.

I just think Nadal has insulted anyone who has been out for a sustained period. Look at Delpo for example, how he has worked to come back. Look at Robin Soderling too. He's been ill for ages, and though we know he is going to try to come back, it will surely be tough for him. Nadal can spend months out, his team giving out contradictory statements left and right, which is an indication of a strained relationship with the truth shall we say, and then he comes back and has made such clear changes to his game that even I can see it.

As for Andy, if, as he suggested, he has had a problem with getting motivated since winning Wimbledon, an idea I do understand, I wonder if he would do well to initially set himself a short term achievable target, say winning Japan or the Shanghai Masters again? I read a piece where Becket (yes, that one) suggested he focus on the AO, but that is months away yet. I wonder if he needs to break the end of this year down, one event at a time and set himself targets.

Does that make any sense?

Just caught up with this thread. I agree completely with you. Until the farce that is Kneedal is sorted out, and the truth revealed - whatever that truth is, then tennis with him as a participant is meaningless. Any sport that condones cheating, regardless of the actual form that cheating takes, can't be taken seriously in my opinion. Come Monday evening Kneedal will be No 1 in the tennis rankings, making them essentially meaningless, because that No 1 ranking will not have been attained completely honestly.  Whatever Murray's ranking is now and might be at the end of the season, relative to Kneedal is therefore equally meaningless. Be he 2,3,4,5 or worse - whatever.

With the way tennis is becoming I an just grateful Murray has got his GS's, and the Gold Medal remains my favourite sporting moment of all time.

Never mind Murray gettin his mojo back. Tennis as a sport has a lot of soul searching to do, and it desperately needs to put its house in order, so that the sport itself can get its mojo back.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6624 on: September 08, 2013, 10:23 PM »

Are you going on about cheating again????? Seriously are you not listening to folk on this forum!! Many times have people got to ask you to shut the **** up about Rafa or cheating. This is called MURRAYS WORLD not slate Rafa world do us all a favour and zip it!!

You need your head testing you are seriously obsessed.
[ Last edit by angiebabez September 08, 2013, 10:28 PM ] IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6625 on: September 08, 2013, 10:42 PM »

What I've heard suggested numerous times was that Nadal's break was due to mental burnout. This makes sense when you look at how things in the year prior to his match against Rosol panned out (regular losses to Djokovic etc).

Now can we get off talking about Nadal and back on to what this thread is supposed to be about, Andy's ranking. Not who's a cheat and who's irritating.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6626 on: September 08, 2013, 10:43 PM »

What I've heard suggested numerous times was that Nadal's break was due to mental burnout. This makes sense when you look at how things in the year prior to his match against Rosol panned out (regular losses to Djokovic etc).

Now can we get off talking about Nadal and back on to what this thread is supposed to be about, Andy's ranking. Not who's a cheat and who's irritating.

Thank you! Some sense around here.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6627 on: September 08, 2013, 11:11 PM »

Are you going on about cheating again????? Seriously are you not listening to folk on this forum!! Many times have people got to ask you to shut the **** up about Rafa or cheating. This is called MURRAYS WORLD not slate Rafa world do us all a favour and zip it!!

You need your head testing you are seriously obsessed.

I was responding to Teejay's post. However in this instance you are quite correct, the subject of my post veered off once again into the wrong direction. I also thought I was discussing Murray's ranking. I assure you believe it or not, I am not completely obsessed with Nadal. I will confine my posts on this topic to the doping thread in future.  My sincere apologies.

Note the last 5/6 pages of this thread have been on this topic with my last contribution being about 6 pages ago, so in this instance my veering off topic was perhaps understandable.
[ Last edit by Masaka September 08, 2013, 11:23 PM ] IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6628 on: September 09, 2013, 06:02 AM »

I can see how some posters would be fed up with this talk about Nadal's cheating, be it doping or just general cheating.  There four thingas which come to mind

a)  People who are more expert than any of us are questioning him,
b)  Conflicting information as to what was wrong with his knees recently and in the past,
c)  He says he does very little gym work,
d)  He throws himself around and plays without strapping on the worst surface possible for bad knees.

These alone will make people wonder even if they know very little about tennis.  I can only hope that if any of the rumours are true it comes out sooner rather that later as it would be terrible for the players and for the sport if it goes on too long.

I will say no more on this topic.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6629 on: September 09, 2013, 07:15 AM »

I am both sickened and saddened by the vicious and unwarranted attack by members of MW on Masaka, who was 'clearly' responding to TJ's post! Gangsta, I went against my friend Joe to stick up for the young people on this site just the other day and you have let me down already and let your friends down too! God only knows how Aileen will feel when she reads this and she almost certainly will.....She'll be so disappointed! Shame on you!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 ... 536 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »