Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 ... 593 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 312883 times)
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6855 on: October 09, 2013, 11:02 PM »

Maybe it just slipped Andy's mind because obviously his focus was the WTF.  I'm not being negative though because I realise he will have to start playing tennis at some point, but you don't play the likes of Delpo if not 100% fit.  Also he would have to play more than one match.  Anyway it's seven weeks away, and I'll be keeping an eye on the Dream Cup website.  Meanwhile I just hope his rehab goes well and that he resists the temptation to push himself.
That's what I think happened.  It's still early days, and he could yet withdraw from the Dream Cup, but IMO, he didn't intend the tweet to announce that.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6856 on: October 10, 2013, 08:35 AM »

According to something I read yesterday Andy is still committed to playing the exho's in Barbados and Abu Dhabi.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6857 on: October 10, 2013, 12:08 PM »

I too wondered whether he meant 'no more tennis this year' literally or just competitive tennis.  I hope the latter.  If it was the former I think he'd sound more down as clearly he was hoping to play the exho and to start training in Miami in November.
Re ranking Ferrer's loss today should help in terms of their respective rankings at end of year. And great to see the smug one put out by Monfils despite the whole stadium  yelling for him.  clap
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6858 on: October 10, 2013, 02:14 PM »

Andy's chances of finishing the year at (no lower than) No.4 and being seeded 4 at Oz improved a lot today.  There's no way Birdy is going to win 2000 more ranking points this year so it's down to Ferrer and DP.  Ferrer needs 800 points to catch Andy and it'll depend on Paris (where Nadal and Djoker will be switched off) and DP needs 1800 points which means he's going to have to win something big e.g. Paris or Shanghai or WTF Final.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6859 on: October 10, 2013, 03:34 PM »

that's good to know Mackem.  The way Ferrer has been playing I don't see him doing that well and certainly don't see him winning Paris again.  Not sure about DP though.  One point made on Sky was that the smug one might really try to win Paris and could have an easier path as the top players who have qualified for 02 may not even turn up, or if they do, not in any serious sense (like last year).
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6860 on: October 10, 2013, 04:23 PM »

that's good to know Mackem.  The way Ferrer has been playing I don't see him doing that well and certainly don't see him winning Paris again.  Not sure about DP though.  One point made on Sky was that the smug one might really try to win Paris and could have an easier path as the top players who have qualified for 02 may not even turn up, or if they do, not in any serious sense (like last year).

I saw the end of Ferrer's match today and thought he looked poor by his standards. I can't see him winning Paris again. As I've already said, I would just question Delpo's consistency. He seems good one week, but can be poor/average the next, so I don't see him overtaking Andy.

It's funny, the pundits on Sky said more or less what I did about Federer. I reckon he will really go for Paris, especially if he needs it to ensure he gets in to the WTF.

Watching Monfils beat Federer was brilliant today. Monfils played well, but Federer was really up and down. I was highly amused by the pundits falling over themselves in their attempts not to criticise him.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6861 on: October 11, 2013, 09:25 PM »

Wow I was just looking back to 2009 and seeing that Andy would of been Number one if he had won Cincy and the US open. Just goes to show how consistent Andy was back then. shocking Hopefully if all goes well with his back he can go back to being consistent and slam winning Andy.  clap
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6862 on: October 14, 2013, 10:48 PM »

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/David-Ferrer-replaces-Andy-Murray-in-the-world-rankings-articolo13707.html  Murray is 4 now.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6863 on: October 14, 2013, 11:19 PM »

British world no 1 has withdrawn from next month's ATP World Tour Finals in London as he continues his recovery from back surgery. After the withdrawal  Roger Federer,Jo-Wilfried Tsonga or Richard Gasquet may qualify for the world tour finals. Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic David Ferrer and Del Potrohave already qualified for this year’s tournament
Nice typo.  w00t

IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6864 on: October 15, 2013, 01:06 AM »

Ferrer vulturing his way to world number 3.... just lol
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6865 on: October 15, 2013, 08:36 AM »

Today I read in the Telegraph that Andy is to be presented with his OBE award at Buckingham Palace on Thursday 17th October
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6866 on: October 15, 2013, 08:37 AM »

I should have added that his award will be presented by Prince William
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6867 on: October 15, 2013, 09:14 AM »

I should have added that his award will be presented by Prince William

I'm quite pleased about that. William enjoys the tennis.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6868 on: October 15, 2013, 03:35 PM »

I'm quite pleased about that. William enjoys the tennis.

I'm not sure that he does! Kate is a massive fan, but William opted out from a visit instead to go on a night out with his brother.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6869 on: October 15, 2013, 05:30 PM »

I'm not sure that he does! Kate is a massive fan, but William opted out from a visit instead to go on a night out with his brother.

He's been before though, and plays, at least as far as I understand it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 ... 593 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »