Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 460 461 462 [463] 464 465 466 ... 586 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 299294 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6930 on: October 28, 2013, 09:11 PM »

YE ranking isn't the end all, most important is being ranked in the top 4 going into the AO which means Brisbane might yet play a part.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6931 on: October 28, 2013, 11:40 PM »

I am now 64 and it is getting harder. I did 54:41 in 1977 for 10(so you can see I had and do still have a good turn of speed) but have gone faster at the start of longer races. A 60 year old did 54 minutes last Sunday but he is a legend in the oldies. Now going shorter (it is over quicker) and more enjoyable. Yesterday  I wanted to run around 40 minutes for the 10Km so disappointed most that I missed out. My problem is that I am too competitive so have to "win".

Perhaps that shows a reason why I follow AM. If the family do games at Christmas I have to win. I refuse to join in to avoid embarrassment! I understand that Judy has made comments regarding Andy never wanting to lose in that situation.

Next year I am thinking about a new track racing career when I turn 65. 800m sound good fun. Just two laps flat out.

Does anyone understand what I say about Federer?  His quality in his prime was that he was so quick into position he could play spectacular winners but now he cannot so his play is more ordinary. I do not dispute his ability when younger. It is the commentators inability to understand this that really upsets me. I do not expect to see him challenge in the rankings next year!

I broke the 60 barrier for 10 - but on an unofficial training run with my legendary uncle. He ran every day for 11 years and 33 days, inspired by the great Ron Hill. Sadly my uncle has Parkinson's now. I do the GNR to raise money for Parkinson's UK. Well, I did, but I fear I now have arthritis in my knee.

I know what you mean about Fed's speed.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6932 on: October 28, 2013, 11:47 PM »

YE ranking isn't the end all, most important is being ranked in the top 4 going into the AO which means Brisbane might yet play a part.
I hate the thought Andy of playing Nadal/Djokovic in QF when he is unready to face them.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6933 on: October 29, 2013, 08:55 AM »

I hate the thought Andy of playing Nadal/Djokovic in QF when he is unready to face them.

That is so right.  For a while he will have doubt and that is when sportsmen lose. Been there. Am there!
The more you lose the more you doubt so it is a tricky time. That is why some fairly low level events could help. Less pressure. A time to gain confidence and test the body gently?
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6934 on: October 29, 2013, 10:03 AM »

Will Andy get any points if he plays in the Davis Cup tie in February? Is it just ten points for participation (40 when a win) or can he gain another 15 if he won both his singles as in the play-offs? Assumed it is all cumulative.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6935 on: November 01, 2013, 05:10 PM »

Delpo will need to reach the Final at the O2 to overtake Andy - hopefully that's unlikely
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6936 on: November 01, 2013, 05:12 PM »

Delpo is winning the World Tour Finals.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6937 on: November 01, 2013, 05:12 PM »

Delpo is winning the World Tour Finals.

I doubt.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6938 on: November 01, 2013, 05:13 PM »

I doubt.

What, because he put in a half ass performance vs the swiss one today, and still took a set?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6939 on: November 01, 2013, 05:14 PM »

What, because he put in a half ass performance vs the swiss one today, and still took a set?

Well he can beat anyone when on his game, but the pressure of being at least a half hearted favourite might lead him to play bad. Plus Rafa won't want to lose to him again, Nole is playing well and Roger might show up in good form too.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6940 on: November 01, 2013, 05:28 PM »

I don't think we should underestimate what a roof and thousands of baying fans do for smugfed.  While I don't think he'll win WTF I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to the SF at least.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6941 on: November 01, 2013, 06:01 PM »

I don't think we should underestimate what a roof and thousands of baying fans do for smugfed.  While I don't think he'll win WTF I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to the SF at least.

I have two exec tickets for the finals day on Monday. I just don't want to see Federer as one of the players, with a possible repeat of last year's disgusting conduct by Federer's supporters when they booed Andy's every shot.

If Federer were to reach the final, I think I might forgo my tickets and watch it on tv at home with the sound off.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6942 on: November 01, 2013, 06:03 PM »

I have two exec tickets for the finals day on Monday. I just don't want to see Federer as one of the players, with a possible repeat of last year's disgusting conduct by Federer's supporters when they booed Andy's every shot.

If Federer were to reach the final, I think I might forgo my tickets and watch it on tv at home with the sound off.

Federer is a joy to watch live, you would miss out big time.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6943 on: November 01, 2013, 06:28 PM »

Federer is a joy to watch live, you would miss out big time.

I don't disagree about Federer's playing performance as I have seen him play. It's his supporters I can not stomach!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6944 on: November 01, 2013, 06:34 PM »

His supporters are beyond the pale, their behaviour is appalling. Those who cannot behave should be thrown out of the 02.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 462 [463] 464 465 466 ... 586 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »