Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 ... 599 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 324420 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6945 on: November 01, 2013, 09:02 PM »

I have two exec tickets for the finals day on Monday. I just don't want to see Federer as one of the players, with a possible repeat of last year's disgusting conduct by Federer's supporters when they booed Andy's every shot.
Really? Slight exaggeration there perhaps?!

Federer is a joy to watch live.
Not always. I saw him playing Ferrer last year - it was pretty awful and he really didn't deserve to win. I hope I'll see him in a better match this year. I got tickets for all day Mon & Thurs so should see everybody, but it may not work out that way due to lack of tanking in Paris
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6946 on: November 01, 2013, 09:04 PM »

Really? Slight exaggeration there perhaps?!
Not always. I saw him playing Ferrer last year - it was pretty awful and he really didn't deserve to win. I hope I'll see him in a better match this year. I got tickets for all day Mon & Thurs so should see everybody, but it may not work out that way due to lack of tanking in Paris

I was at the Benneteau match at Wimbledon. His shotmaking live is 20x better than on screen, just looks so fluent around the court. Amazing.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6947 on: November 01, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Delpo will need to reach the Final at the O2 to overtake Andy - hopefully that's unlikely
I hope he dosnt , let's hope he plays at the o2 like he did today .
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6948 on: November 01, 2013, 09:21 PM »

I hate wishing players lose that otherwise I would not mind winning.  Whistle
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6949 on: November 01, 2013, 09:28 PM »

I was at the Benneteau match at Wimbledon. His shotmaking live is 20x better than on screen, just looks so fluent around the court. Amazing.

Glad I didn't see the Fed/Ferrer match on screen then!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6950 on: November 01, 2013, 10:50 PM »

My wish list for Friday and Saturday - I'm not picky I don't mind the order:  either Federer v Nadal or Federer v Djokovic,   Federer or Djokovic v Del Potro,  Nadal v Del Potro.  I know Fed is either in a group with Nadal or Djokovic  so it depends on the group draws.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6951 on: November 01, 2013, 10:56 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted before there's a short video also

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/31/andy-murray-australian-open-contender

This was meant for news article thread oops
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6952 on: November 02, 2013, 06:24 AM »

@marathonarthur
Try and get to Queens. Really good sightings of Andy there.
Agree re Fed. In his prime his movement was a thing of beauty. He seemed to float round the court.
Alas, no more and he does look more "pedestrian".......sorry...Wink
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6953 on: November 02, 2013, 07:14 AM »

Fed supporters were absolutely vile when he played Andy in SF last year.  I was sitting next to one who had the shrillest voice you can imagine.  I don't think they always boo his opponents (though they are always loud and are like a red rash spreading round the 02)  but my theory is that they hate Andy because it's Andy who thwarted him achieving his one unfulfilled ambition - Olympic gold. 
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6954 on: November 02, 2013, 09:44 AM »

@marathonarthur
Try and get to Queens. Really good sightings of Andy there.
Agree re Fed. In his prime his movement was a thing of beauty. He seemed to float round the court.
Alas, no more and he does look more "pedestrian".......sorry...Wink

Thank you for your idea re Queens. My daughter, a Novak supporter, suggested the charity do (Boodles?) where he was going but didn't this year? Queen's sounds a better idea. My problem is 3 sets of tickets in last few years trying to see Andy but ended up with Novak instead! My daughter was pleased except Novak lost on the two occasions she was with me! That is quite hard to achieve? I was also wondering about the Davis Cup. After USA, if GB win, either Italy or Argentina away or home in April. I think that three of the four potential ties and locations would be feasible? A trip to Italy sounds good. I could celebrate my birthday and retirement at the same time? I suspect it would be Argentina though? What happens if they lose? I will find that out!

I daren't say another word about Federer. I just ask people to look and analyse rather than to live in the past.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6955 on: November 02, 2013, 10:49 AM »

Back to rankings:  I assume that Murray will be ranked 3 for next week if Ferrer does not make the final in Paris?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6956 on: November 02, 2013, 11:23 AM »

Back to rankings:  I assume that Murray will be ranked 3 for next week if Ferrer does not make the final in Paris?

Yes, Andy is currently ranked 3 on the Live Rankings.

http://live-tennis.eu/
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6957 on: November 02, 2013, 11:34 AM »

Delpo and Ferrer are each defending 400 at the WTF. Could both overtake Andy:

1) If Ferrer only wins one group match, he'll finish the year 30 points behind Andy (assuming Rafa mauls him today).
2) Delpo also has to win two group matches to overtake Andy.
3) Fed could also overtake, but I think he'd have to win the WTF as unbeaten champion.

That's my understanding. But I'm a bit dumb.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6958 on: November 02, 2013, 11:39 AM »

Delpo will need to reach the Final at the O2 to overtake Andy - hopefully that's unlikely

Not sure that's right - see above. Andy is shedding 400 points from the WTF, which puts Delpo about 345 behind going in to London.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6959 on: November 02, 2013, 11:54 AM »

Not sure that's right - see above. Andy is shedding 400 points from the WTF, which puts Delpo about 345 behind going in to London.

I was a good mathematician when younger (triple maths at school) but I get lost in the rankings. Too easy to miss something? You have to remember that Delpo also loses 400 from WTF last year so this is why he needs two wins there to go above Andy. There are so many combination for Federer it is not worth considering them until after Paris. He loses 800 from London so he needs good points from both to have any chance to overtake Andy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 ... 599 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »