Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 ... 586 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 301516 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6960 on: November 02, 2013, 12:03 PM »

Live rankings and race rankings are now the same.

Delpo is 735 behind Andy, so as someone said earlier - he would have to get to the final next week to overtake. I think!

And Fed would have to win Paris and WTF (winning all 3 RR matches) to overtake Andy. I think.
[ Last edit by Elena November 02, 2013, 12:23 PM ] IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6961 on: November 02, 2013, 12:24 PM »

Live rankings and race rankings are now the same. Delpo is 735 behind Andy, so as someone said earlier - he would have to get to the final next week to overtake. I think!

I do remember that after this weekend they drop the previous WTF points from all so as you say it is a simple matter then of just adding whatever is gained at the O2. Any of the four at present behind Andy could go past him IF they win in London. Some could by getting to the final or the semis. Only Stan W would not add enough points if he won to leapfrog Andy. That is the only certainty.  Those of us wishing Andy to maintain as high a ranking position as possible need to be wishing for a Novak v Rafa final as not only do they mop up the big points but the others will then be picking up less in round robin wins?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6962 on: November 02, 2013, 12:44 PM »

I do remember that after this weekend they drop the previous WTF points from all so as you say it is a simple matter then of just adding whatever is gained at the O2. Any of the four at present behind Andy could go past him IF they win in London. Some could by getting to the final or the semis. Only Stan W would not add enough points if he won to leapfrog Andy. That is the only certainty.  Those of us wishing Andy to maintain as high a ranking position as possible need to be wishing for a Novak v Rafa final as not only do they mop up the big points but the others will then be picking up less in round robin wins?
Surely only Ferrer and Delpo (and Fed if he wins everything) can overtake? Unless I'm missing something!

Andy is on 5790
Ferrer 5560 (more if he beats Rafa today!)
Delpo 5055
Berdy 3980
Fed 3805, 4445 if he wins Paris.

WTF maximum points is 1500 - would take Berdy to 5480.

WTF points are 1500 for undefeated Champion (200 for each round robin match win, plus 400 for a semi-final win, plus 500 for the final win).

Even if Fed won both tournaments, but lost one of his RR matches he wouldn't overtake
Even with three RR wins (600 points), Delpo would still have to win the SF to overtake .... I think!
[ Last edit by Elena November 02, 2013, 12:49 PM ] IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6963 on: November 02, 2013, 01:03 PM »

Surely only Ferrer and Delpo (and Fed if he wins everything) can overtake? Unless I'm missing something!

Andy is on 5790
Ferrer 5560 (more if he beats Rafa today!)
Delpo 5055
Berdy 3980
Fed 3805, 4445 if he wins Paris.

WTF maximum points is 1500 - would take Berdy to 5480.

WTF points are 1500 for undefeated Champion (200 for each round robin match win, plus 400 for a semi-final win, plus 500 for the final win). Even if Fed won both tournaments, but lost one of his RR matches he wouldn't overtake.... I think!

Elena,

Of course you are right. Was just checking if the community was awake (joking it was my error again!)? I decided to give 2000 for the win rather than 1500! The thought of Berdych being ranked above Andy, whether or not he usually wins in their head to heads, made me shudder so some relief there. I couldn't believe that he lost to Ferrer yesterday. I suppose it was a reflection of ranking though?

I am going to the first semis at the O2 so by that time I think that I will know where Andy is likely to finish in the 2013  rankings. Nearly two months then to see whether Andy makes it back for any tennis in Australia. I gather that the battle for number one spot in 2013 is over already and Rafa is now guaranteed that position whatever happens in Paris and London?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6964 on: November 02, 2013, 02:22 PM »

I believe it is still mathematically possible for Djoko to overtake Rafa for No 1 spot but Rafa would have to do very badly at the 02 and Djoko would have to win in Paris and London I think.

Perhaps Berdy fancied a weekend in London to acclimatise before the finals begin!
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6965 on: November 02, 2013, 04:05 PM »

I believe it is still mathematically possible for Djoko to overtake Rafa for No 1 spot but Rafa would have to do very badly at the 02 and Djoko would have to win in Paris and London I think.

Perhaps Berdy fancied a weekend in London to acclimatise before the finals begin!

I thought the possibility of Nadal getting nothing from London was so remote that I disregarded the thought also. Especially as he could still make certain by winning in Paris!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6966 on: November 02, 2013, 04:40 PM »

Well Fed's not now winning Paris...shame Whistle
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6967 on: November 02, 2013, 04:50 PM »

Ferrer and Delpo being in the same group is very good for Andy as they are unlikely to both do well then.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6968 on: November 02, 2013, 05:04 PM »

Ferrer and Delpo being in the same group is very good for Andy as they are unlikely to both do well then.

They aren't in the same group.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6969 on: November 02, 2013, 05:09 PM »

Andy being ranked 5th might be a good thing at the ao actually.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6970 on: November 02, 2013, 05:15 PM »

Andy being ranked 5th might be a good thing at the ao actually.
Yeah great idea face Nadal/DJokovic.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6971 on: November 02, 2013, 05:16 PM »

Yeah great idea face Nadal/DJokovic.

So he should just avoid them to win his slams, right ?
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6972 on: November 02, 2013, 05:32 PM »

So he should just avoid them to win his slams, right ?
I didn't say he should avoid them. I just don't want him to face them that early. I hate to say it but Andy is still a bit mentally vulnerable and prone to meltdowns.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6973 on: November 02, 2013, 05:38 PM »

They aren't in the same group.
They aren't? I thought they were both in group A? ok Delpo is in Group B stupid TV got it wrong.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6974 on: November 02, 2013, 05:38 PM »

They aren't? I thought they were both in group A?

No, Ferrer is in A, Del Potro is in B.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 ... 586 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »