Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 ... 592 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 309294 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6975 on: November 02, 2013, 05:39 PM »

It did seem a bit odd i didn't think they could be in the same group.

But it doesn't really matter now anyway if Ferrer's beating Nadal he will surely overtake Andy.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6976 on: November 02, 2013, 06:11 PM »

Think we should stop stressing about Andy's ranking. When he returns, fit and healthy, he'll be fine. Was 5 at AO before, did gr8.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6977 on: November 02, 2013, 06:23 PM »

I didn't say he should avoid them. I just don't want him to face them that early. I hate to say it but Andy is still a bit mentally vulnerable and prone to meltdowns.

Andy plays better against tougher opposition
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6978 on: November 02, 2013, 06:28 PM »

Think we should stop stressing about Andy's ranking. When he returns, fit and healthy, he'll be fine. Was 5 at AO before, did gr8.

Agree completely. He has just had back surgery. It may take him a while to get back into the swing of things. He may never manage to reach the same heights again. We don't know. We need to remember that unlike Nadal's high suspect knee problems,  Murray has actually suffered from a long standing back injury, which has needed surgery. This place is going to be hellish if his fans are on his back as soon as he steps back on a court. Whatever his ranking is on his return, we will just have to man up and be grown up about it. Grrrr
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6979 on: November 02, 2013, 06:31 PM »

@Masaka
Am so pleased he got 2 slams and a gold b4 surgery. Isn't the rest gravy?
 yay Andy.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6980 on: November 02, 2013, 06:41 PM »

@Masaka
Am so pleased he got 2 slams and a gold b4 surgery. Isn't the rest gravy?
 yay Andy.

Exactly. I hope he achieves more, but the important thing is he has achieved the things that were the most important to him. He has got his just deserts, and by goodness has he grafted for them. Whatever happens from here on is the icing on the cake. The cake was the important thing.  Personally (and I can only speak for myself here), I don't judge him against his peers. I judge him for what he has achieved, as a child of Dunblane.  All things considered it's awesome.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6981 on: November 02, 2013, 06:51 PM »

I do not care about his ranking. I will just be please to see him play again when he is fully fit. He has done well any other slams or wins are a bonus.I am so glad for him and am proud that he is Scottish.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6982 on: November 02, 2013, 07:34 PM »

I didn't say he should avoid them. I just don't want him to face them that early. I hate to say it but Andy is still a bit mentally vulnerable and prone to meltdowns.
on what do you base that rob?  He didn't show mental vulnerability or meltdown at Wimbledon, which must be the most stressful tournament for him to try to win.  And in that final game he showed immense mental fortitude in my humble opinion.
I'm sure everyone is right about the rankings but I still can't help wanting Andy to be able to hold on to his top 4 ranking because that is where he belongs.  I'd rather he didn't have to climb back up the rankings when he does return. And while you are also right about the cake and the icing, I have to admit I'd be very disappointed if Andy isn't able to come back and resume his stellar career where he left off.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6983 on: November 02, 2013, 11:42 PM »

I don't quite buy into the 'it's all gravy from now on' thing, not from his fans. If Andy had gone into his surgery thinking it could end his career I would get it. I would fully understand him taking a positive approach of 'if the worst happens I've proved myself, I'm a grand slam champion'. As for me, I take the view Andy is far from done and is yet to peak. Andy is going to be better than Djokovic, I have thought that for ages and still think it.

I just don't see any point in worrying about the ranking while Andy is unable to do anything about it. That's why I think he's right to say he will come back only when he is fit to play (I think personally it will be Australia) because coming back before he is fully fit risks him slipping further back. Coming back when he is ready to compete gives him a chance of halting a blip in his ranking, because that is what it is, a blip.

I'm not worried about Ferrer or Delpo. I'd bet my life on Ferrer not beating Djokovic in Paris tomorrow and I just don't see Ferrer or Delpo winning the WTF.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6984 on: November 02, 2013, 11:51 PM »

Quite right Teejay, after all, Rafa was down at 5 at one point this year- talent will out as they say, once Andy is fit and playing he will -in his own good time - get back to where he should be in the rankings and continue to fulfil his potential.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6985 on: November 03, 2013, 12:24 AM »

I don't quite buy into the 'it's all gravy from now on' thing, not from his fans. If Andy had gone into his surgery thinking it could end his career I would get it. I would fully understand him taking a positive approach of 'if the worst happens I've proved myself, I'm a grand slam champion'. As for me, I take the view Andy is far from done and is yet to peak. Andy is going to be better than Djokovic, I have thought that for ages and still think it.

I just don't see any point in worrying about the ranking while Andy is unable to do anything about it. That's why I think he's right to say he will come back only when he is fit to play (I think personally it will be Australia) because coming back before he is fully fit risks him slipping further back. Coming back when he is ready to compete gives him a chance of halting a blip in his ranking, because that is what it is, a blip.

I'm not worried about Ferrer or Delpo. I'd bet my life on Ferrer not beating Djokovic in Paris tomorrow and I just don't see Ferrer or Delpo winning the WTF.

Delpo is the second best indoor player in the world.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6986 on: November 03, 2013, 12:55 AM »

I'm not stressing. Just discussing his ranking, on the ranking thread, if that's OK?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6987 on: November 03, 2013, 12:59 AM »

Elena, Was just checking if the community was awake (joking it was my error again!)? I decided to give 2000 for the win rather than 1500!

Phew! Was wondering how our calculations were coming to different conclusions
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6988 on: November 03, 2013, 03:23 AM »

Love you Andy  wub you are missed BIG TIME.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #6989 on: November 03, 2013, 06:00 AM »

Smile
I'm not stressing. Just discussing his ranking, on the ranking thread, if that's OK?

Fair point. It's just that some of the posts (not necessarily yours), come over as a bit negative and full of doom and gloom. You might call it the "Booger's effect". There is nothing at all Murray can do about his ranking at the moment. It's completely out of his hands.

If he drops down to 5, he will climb back up rapidly. Look also at just how few points he has got to defend next year. Apart from the tiros he won, and the AO semi he didn't go deep into any tournament really. There are also big bits i.e. the Clay Court Season when it's all up for grabs for him.

He will be fine IMHO. There is nothing he likes more than a challenge.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 ... 592 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »