Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 ... 595 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 318659 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7005 on: November 11, 2013, 03:16 AM »

Wimbledon win, final of AO, masters win, two 250wins and only finish 4th <_<
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7006 on: November 11, 2013, 04:49 AM »

Bloody back injury ruining Andy's consistency.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7007 on: November 11, 2013, 07:06 AM »

Can't we just be pleased he managed to end the year in top 4 and not get fixated on minutiae of the rankings, given the back injury? - Oh and good to see you now accept there was a genuine back injury rob as I seem to remember you were one of the sceptics earlier in the year who dismissed some of us as seeking excuses when he was performing below par?  Whistle
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7008 on: November 11, 2013, 08:16 AM »

Can't we just be pleased he managed to end the year in top 4 and not get fixated on minutiae of the rankings, given the back injury? - Oh and good to see you now accept there was a genuine back injury rob as I seem to remember you were one of the sceptics earlier in the year who dismissed some of us as seeking excuses when he was performing below par?  Whistle

AGREE.  He was at nearly 85% for win loss this year when other than Novak and Rafa most of the top twelve were around 70%  (Delpo 77.3 next best). Win loss percentage is a perhaps a better reflection of who is the best when a lot of the season is missed?  I am pleased with a Wimbledon win and to have seen him play some great tennis this year (if only on the box).
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7009 on: November 11, 2013, 09:16 AM »

I think it's amazing he missed so much and still ended up top 4, and so close to top 3. cmon yeah

We need to remember that Delpo also missed the French Open and some other events too, though not at much as Andy.  Meanwhile, Ferrer played everything going and reached his first ever slam final.  Personally, I blame Nadal for not putting the effort in at Bercy!  Think
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7010 on: November 11, 2013, 09:43 AM »

clap well said!!
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7011 on: November 11, 2013, 10:29 AM »

clap well said!!

Absolutely Andy's luck has held I hope he now clears off to warmer climes and 2014 can't come early enough for me
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7012 on: November 11, 2013, 11:55 AM »

Can't we just be pleased he managed to end the year in top 4 and not get fixated on minutiae of the rankings, given the back injury? -

Oh dear - told off again for discussing ranking on the rankings thread!

I'm thrilled Andy is still at no 4 despite the back injury and missed tournaments. Will say no more...
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7013 on: November 11, 2013, 01:10 PM »

I'm thrilled Andy is still at no 4 despite the back injury and missed tournaments. Will say no more...

Post what you like whereever you like I am always interested in your contributions
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7014 on: November 11, 2013, 02:21 PM »

Well hopefully next year he will have better results. No bombing out early in masters.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7015 on: November 11, 2013, 02:28 PM »

Well hopefully next year he will have better results. No bombing out early in masters.

He didn't really bomb out 'early'. The only one I recall him bombing out early in is Monte Carlo.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7016 on: November 11, 2013, 08:35 PM »

Post what you like whereever you like I am always interested in your contributions

Thanks benniebone - I don't think there is much more to say about Andy's ranking at the moment though! "Mad statistician" Steven@GBtennis says Andy is "already certain to be a top 4 seed at the Aus Open if he plays".

After that anything could happen.

Marathonarthur's question about Berdych and Davis Cup is a tricky one. I think he may actually have points to defend after winning last year, and he may have to win 2 matches to overtake Fed. But DC ranking points are very complicated and I'm just going to wait and see.
http://www.daviscup.com/en/rankings/atp-ranking-points.aspx
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7017 on: November 12, 2013, 12:19 PM »

Wasn't sure where to put this or if it had already been mentioned.  Andy seems to be third in the amout of tournies won this year

Nadal  =  10
Nole   =     6 (7 now with WTF)
Andy  =     4

This seems pretty good since he has missed quite a bit of the season with the op and the pain beforehand and also to be No 4 at the end of the year. Just 10 points behing Ferrer who has played twice as many tournaments.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7018 on: November 12, 2013, 01:27 PM »

Wasn't sure where to put this or if it had already been mentioned.  Andy seems to be third in the amout of tournies won this year

Nadal  =  10
Nole   =     6 (7 now with WTF)
Andy  =     4

This seems pretty good since he has missed quite a bit of the season with the op and the pain beforehand and also to be No 4 at the end of the year. Just 10 points behing Ferrer who has played twice as many tournaments.

Del Potro also won four tournaments this year, though his were all 500 level events compared with Andy's 1 x slam, 1 x Masters, and 2 x 250s.

It is impressive though that Andy was able to win this number of tournaments despite missing a good portion of the season. He'd have probably added Bangkok and Tokyo titles had he been fit, and maybe Shanghai too.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7019 on: November 13, 2013, 09:19 AM »

No Elena.  My point is that we should be celebrating the fact that Andy ends the year in the top 4 despite missing two chunks of the season because of injury rather than wringing our hands over the fact he could have been in top 3 had he done slightly better (or played tournaments when he was injured).  Indeed the very point you then make.
And rob - words fail me that you still don't seem to be willing to concede that Andy's back was a contributory factor in those early exits.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 ... 595 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »