Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray's Ranking 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What will andys ranking be @ end 2014?
Worse

Pages: 1 ... 472 473 474 [475] 476 477 478 ... 593 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray's Ranking

(Read 311841 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7110 on: January 02, 2014, 07:48 PM »

Gimme James anytime.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7111 on: January 02, 2014, 07:51 PM »

Gimme James anytime.
The old place ain't the same without him.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7112 on: January 02, 2014, 07:52 PM »

Will you find any Linda it will be like digging in the dark in a coal mine. That's if you can find one the tories haven't closed. Bye the way Linda I don't like the man clever or not.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, Maggie. hug
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7113 on: January 03, 2014, 07:04 AM »

We should start a Boogers thread with all the positive stuff he's said all through the years.

A very short thread, no?  Whistle
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7114 on: January 03, 2014, 12:27 PM »

Yes BBH very very short.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7115 on: January 03, 2014, 05:34 PM »

Aww, shucks, all this talk about me! You guys!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7116 on: January 03, 2014, 05:42 PM »

Aww, shucks, all this talk about me! You guys!

You seem very popular at the moment. lol
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7117 on: January 03, 2014, 07:49 PM »

The same way everyone always talks about Hitler. Oh fuk I run into Godwin's law now Frown
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7118 on: January 03, 2014, 07:52 PM »

The same way everyone always talks about Hitler. Oh fuk I run into Godwin's law now Frown
Are you taking the Michael ?
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7119 on: January 04, 2014, 10:12 AM »

I doubt it would have made that much difference, what Andy really needs is a few more weeks of regular tour events - the tour calendar is against him in that respect. Having the op 2 weeks earlier wouldn't have provided him with any more match opportunities than he has now. I'm glad he played as a) he would have been hevily criticised if he hadn't  b) it helped convince him he was doing the right thing in hsving the op c) he enjoyed it and I'm glad he got to finish his season enjoying himself on court

Those are all good points.   In particular, I think it did Andy a lot of good to finish his season in Croatia, with wins and with his friends, and to have those memories going into the operation.

Of course it crossed my mind that without playing Davis Cup, Andy may have been a couple of weeks more advanced in his recovery, and it does sound as if he'd not quite managed as much match-style practice in Miami before he left as he'd have liked, but it's real match practice he needs, and that's where the calendar is against him.  What he really needed was for the Australian Open to be pushed back by a couple of weeks!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7120 on: January 04, 2014, 11:54 AM »

At least andy is going to Australia where it will be warm This should help his back and his spirits Its most unlikely that he'll do very well in the Open looking at his form in Doha but who knows what will happen?
I will be pleased if he gets through the opening round
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7121 on: January 04, 2014, 12:01 PM »

^ depends on the draw.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7122 on: January 04, 2014, 12:15 PM »

I'll be pleased with every win, but unless he gets a dreadful draw, I see no reason to presume he can't get a few wins.   They'll all be gunning for him, but we shouldn't make the mistake of under-playing Mayer's role in his victory.  He was playing really well.

In the past week, loads of top 10 players have lost sets, or whole matches, to players ranked a lot lower than Mayer.  It was a good reality check for us all, and clearly Andy's circumstances are different to others, but the fact Andy was able to play some good tennis, for at least some of the time is very promising for the longer term.   We just have to hope that he gets a kind draw and faces players who are just the right level of challenging to allow him to shake off the rust and improve his fitness.   Even with a kind draw, he's going to reach a limit, but I doubt even he knows what that is yet.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7123 on: January 04, 2014, 12:52 PM »

I'll be pleased with every win, but unless he gets a dreadful draw, I see no reason to presume he can't get a few wins.   They'll all be gunning for him, but we shouldn't make the mistake of under-playing Mayer's role in his victory.  He was playing really well.

In the past week, loads of top 10 players have lost sets, or whole matches, to players ranked a lot lower than Mayer.  It was a good reality check for us all, and clearly Andy's circumstances are different to others, but the fact Andy was able to play some good tennis, for at least some of the time is very promising for the longer term.   We just have to hope that he gets a kind draw and faces players who are just the right level of challenging to allow him to shake off the rust and improve his fitness.   Even with a kind draw, he's going to reach a limit, but I doubt even he knows what that is yet.

I agree Sparkle - I'm not expecting a very early loss for Andy as I think the slam format will help him to play into form. There are some players he's going to want to avoid in R1-3 though - such as Verdasco and Cilic who I think will both be unseeded this year. But if he gets a good draw, then the five set format will help him to get match tight. R4/QF seems like a reasonable target to aim for right now.

The fact that Andy came within 3 games of beating Mayer is encouraging. His tennis was there, he just needed a bit more focus towards the end of the second set to finish the match off.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray's Ranking « Reply #7124 on: January 04, 2014, 01:05 PM »

Same here I don't think he will win the AO that would be a delusion. I hope he has a couple of wins that would be all I would expect as he is not fully fit. Just looking forward to see him play again. It should be warm and that will help his back, though I spoke to my auntie on the phone she lives in Melbourne she said it was cold and wet. Melbourne's weather is notorious you can have four seasons in one day.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 474 [475] 476 477 478 ... 593 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »