Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO F - Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Outcome?
Murray in 3 - 8 (12.7%)
Murray in 4 - 19 (30.2%)
Murray in 5 - 28 (44.4%)
Federer in 3 - 3 (4.8%)
Federer in 4 - 4 (6.3%)
Federer in 5 - 1 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 63

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 79 Go Down Reply
Author

AO F - Murray vs Federer

(Read 19435 times)
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #135 on: January 29, 2010, 04:39 PM »

Federer- BRING IT ON!!
cmon yeah cmonandy cmon yeah

And it's all talk from Federer- blahblahblah!!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #136 on: January 29, 2010, 04:40 PM »

I've decided not to read this thread till Sunday...I'll just get more nervous lol
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #137 on: January 29, 2010, 04:41 PM »

This is so hard to predict. It's a head and heart thing.

I'm going to be unpopular. Fed will win it 6-3 6-7 6-4 5-7 6-3.

Alright, here is my guess.  If Andy plays his best tennis then I think he can definitely win in 5 sets once Federer is tired and starts making mistakes.

3-6, 6-4, 2-6, 7-5, 6-3

However if Andy played like he did against Cilic then he is going to be taken to the cleaners in 3 (or at best 4) sets.  Andy must win one of the first two sets to have a chance.
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #138 on: January 29, 2010, 05:17 PM »

It makes me gip at the thought of federer winning so im not even going to entertain the idea - I'v got a feeling murray will put on a real masterclass, straight out of the blocks, win in 3 or 4 sets.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #139 on: January 29, 2010, 05:21 PM »

^ Hoping very much so...... And btw... are you really handsome?   Think
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #140 on: January 29, 2010, 05:24 PM »

The press coverage is almost laughable, I am glad Andy is well away from it.  He beats Nadal and then Cilic and suddenly he is predestined for victory; fed then strolls past Tsonga who never even tried and now he is a tennis god that Murray cannot possibly surpass, the old doubt creeps in, about years of failure blah blah blah.

Utter tosh.  I personally hope Murray stuffs it up them all on sunday, if I was him i'd just say to myself "f*** that ****, I will just win for myself", because its that kind of single-mindedness that will get him the trophy.  We are always so conflicted, it seems to be our national hobby.

If you don't understand what I am on about go and read all the articles on the times online website about andy from tuesday onwards, food for thought indeed.

As for the match, its bound to be close.  I don't believe this nonsense that suddenly Fed turns up to a grand slam and he is invincible again.  He lost twice last year, one from two sets down against a vastly inexperienced opponent.  The two he won he beat Soderling, and just about struggled past Roddick.  At all other time he has looked fallible.  Nothing has changed.  This match is there for Andy if he believes himself. Don't believe the Feb self-publicity bandwagon!

C'mon Andy!
IP Logged
kennethswis
Futures Level

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #141 on: January 29, 2010, 05:30 PM »

The press coverage is almost laughable, I am glad Andy is well away from it.  He beats Nadal and then Cilic and suddenly he is predestined for victory; fed then strolls past Tsonga who never even tried and now he is a tennis god that Murray cannot possibly surpass, the old doubt creeps in, about years of failure blah blah blah.

Utter tosh.  I personally hope Murray stuffs it up them all on sunday, if I was him i'd just say to myself "f*** that sh*t, I will just win for myself", because its that kind of single-mindedness that will get him the trophy.  We are always so conflicted, it seems to be our national hobby.

If you don't understand what I am on about go and read all the articles on the times online website about andy from tuesday onwards, food for thought indeed.

As for the match, its bound to be close.  I don't believe this nonsense that suddenly Fed turns up to a grand slam and he is invincible again.  He lost twice last year, one from two sets down against a vastly inexperienced opponent.  The two he won he beat Soderling, and just about struggled past Roddick.  At all other time he has looked fallible.  Nothing has changed.  This match is there for Andy if he believes himself. Don't believe the Feb self-publicity bandwagon!

C'mon Andy!

Couldn't have put it better myself!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #142 on: January 29, 2010, 05:37 PM »

BBC Sport - Tennis - Roger Federer tips Andy Murray for Grand Slam success
IP Logged
underenthused

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #143 on: January 29, 2010, 05:38 PM »

so andy seems to have slowed his servedown a bit to increase 1st serve %age, what do you think he'll do against Fed and if he keeps it a bit lower is there a danger Fed will kill it?
IP Logged
red
Junior

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #144 on: January 29, 2010, 05:40 PM »

Utter tosh.  I personally hope Murray stuffs it up them all on sunday, if I was him i'd just say to myself "f*** that sh*t, I will just win for myself", because its that kind of single-mindedness that will get him the trophy.  We are always so conflicted, it seems to be our national hobby.

C'mon Andy!
Good posting! feeling more confident after reading ur post
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #145 on: January 29, 2010, 05:42 PM »

scotsgeek: Hope you're right but I do fear that Federer tends to have the ability to lift his game to superhuman level whenever he needs it once he's in a Slam final.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #146 on: January 29, 2010, 05:43 PM »

'How much happens upstairs in the head'  Totally.   Fed is so relaxed, so much the main man.  I'm dying to see this match.  Just to see how our boy handles it.  Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #147 on: January 29, 2010, 05:45 PM »

I'm very excited because I know this time it's completely up to him where as in the US Open I felt he was majorly disadvantaged due to the circumstances with rest time.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #148 on: January 29, 2010, 05:53 PM »

This is a great opportunity for Andy.  If he beats Federer now whilst the guy is still at the top then it makes Andy's first GS so much more meaningful and historic.

I am hoping that both will be on fire with memorable winners and rallies and that Andy will break Fed in the 5th set like Nadal did last year.
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #149 on: January 29, 2010, 05:57 PM »

^ Hoping very much so...... And btw... are you really handsome?   Think

Haha as handsome as they come. . . . . cmon yeah

Haha as if federer still remembers Alan Mackin!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 79 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »