Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO F - Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Outcome?
Murray in 3 - 8 (12.7%)
Murray in 4 - 19 (30.2%)
Murray in 5 - 28 (44.4%)
Federer in 3 - 3 (4.8%)
Federer in 4 - 4 (6.3%)
Federer in 5 - 1 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 63

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 79 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: AO F - Murray vs Federer  (Read 16754 times)
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #105 on: January 29, 2010, 12:39 PM »

I rarely ever defend Federer because he does indeed come off smug with his comments but he was particularly nice about Andy in this interview, very strange... it's as if they are suddenly friends.

I think your reading of it is right, but it could look as though he's trying to put the pressure on Andy by reminding him of all the expectation back home... Think
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #106 on: January 29, 2010, 12:42 PM »

I think your reading of it is right, but it could look as though he's trying to put the pressure on Andy by reminding him of all the expectation back home... Think
I don't think Fed said this to consciously get at Andy.  And to be fair, he was only speaking the truth.  Shrug  The onus is on Andy here, and my heart goes out to him.  Balls of steel will be needed. 
IP Logged
kennethswis
Futures Level

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #107 on: January 29, 2010, 01:18 PM »

I'll have to take it as a good sign that people are sh*tting themselves, just like agaisnt isner, and murray pulls out another great match (although i know fed is a heck of alot more dangerous and it is highly possible he will win, grrr). 5 or 4 sets to murray with a tie break. Murray has the rest, the time to practise and make tac tics, the expirence agaisnt fed (with a winning record) and he will REALLY want to win this. I hope he does what he did agaisnt nadal, attack, attack, attack. He often does well agaisnt fed without so much attacking, but i think if he puts the pressure on early its going to affect federer.

Argh federer is so arrogrant: [noembed]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8485282.stm[/noembed]

I would just love to see andy wipe the smile of his face, that alone is as good as winning the slam.

Note I have no idea why the video has appeared :/

Mod NoticeFixed link
[ Last edit by Mark January 29, 2010, 01:35 PM ] IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #108 on: January 29, 2010, 01:23 PM »

I'll have to take it as a good sign that people are sh*tting themselves, just like agaisnt isner, and murray pulls out another great match (although i know fed is a heck of alot more dangerous and it is highly possible he will win, grrr). 5 or 4 sets to murray with a tie break. Murray has the rest, the time to practise and make tac tics, the expirence agaisnt fed (with a winning record) and he will REALLY want to win this. I hope he does what he did agaisnt nadal, attack, attack, attack. He often does well agaisnt fed without so much attacking, but i think if he puts the pressure on early its going to affect federer.

A good start is essential, he can't afford to let Federer get on top. He's beaten him from a set down in 3 set play, but a Slam final is totally different. Once Federer senses blood and gets some momentum, he's hard to claw back.
Serving needs to be at a high level too. He'll have chances on Fed's serve, he always creates opportunities no matter who he plays. He needs to keep his own watertight though.
Other than that, keep the UE count down and keep his cool - he'll have a decent chance.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #109 on: January 29, 2010, 01:26 PM »

Further quotes from Federer here. Sounds like a bit of a cock, but what's new?

EDIT: Link gives the video of John Lloyd instead, as happened to someone else further up!
Go to BBC Sport, article is 'Federer piles pressure on Murray'.

Mod NoticeHere's the link: [noembed]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8485282.stm[/noembed]
[ Last edit by Mark January 29, 2010, 01:35 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #110 on: January 29, 2010, 01:27 PM »

A good start is essential, he can't afford to let Federer get on top. He's beaten him from a set down in 3 set play, but a Slam final is totally different. Once Federer senses blood and gets some momentum, he's hard to claw back.
Serving needs to be at a high level too. He'll have chances on Fed's serve, he always creates opportunities no matter who he plays. He needs to keep his own watertight though.
Other than that, keep the UE count down and keep his cool - he'll have a decent chance.
Sums it up perfectly, Moe......   Smile  Oh... man.... it's the waiting that gets you.  Frown 
IP Logged
red
Junior

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #111 on: January 29, 2010, 01:31 PM »

Fakerer's 'joke' didnt amuse me and im not even British! he NEEDS to lose, i want to see him cry...
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #112 on: January 29, 2010, 01:33 PM »

Guys, when you simply want to post a BBC article but instead the forum converts it to a video found in the article, put the link inside NOEMBED tags:

[ noembed ]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8485282.stm[ noembed ]
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #113 on: January 29, 2010, 01:34 PM »

Moe, you are a legend. Your posts, rich and compelling.

We all remember how well Fed played in the USO final of 2008. Personally, I don't think he'll play as well as that for the whole duration of the match.

Andy will still be incredibly nervous, but he knows what to expect this time, I'd expect a stronger set one performance from him. Tactically, he'll need to do a lot of running, and hope to frustrate the Alp climber. Pepper his erroneous backhand, and I think Andy will need to serve over 60% to have a chance over a best of five set match.

There's something about the way Andy played yesterday that makes me think he's ready to go all the way. 2 days rest as well, I'm going to stick my neck out and say Murray in 4 or 5.

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #114 on: January 29, 2010, 01:36 PM »

Moe is indeed a legend.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #115 on: January 29, 2010, 01:39 PM »

We all remember how well Fed played in the USO final of 2008. Personally, I don't think he'll play as well as that for the whole duration of the match.

Andy will still be incredibly nervous, but he knows what to expect this time, I'd expect a stronger set one performance from him. Tactically, he'll need to do a lot of running, and hope to frustrate the Alp climber. Pepper his erroneous backhand, and I think Andy will need to serve over 60% to have a chance over a best of five set match.

There's something about the way Andy played yesterday that makes me think he's ready to go all the way. 2 days rest as well, I'm going to stick my neck out and say Murray in 4 or 5.

I'm about beside myself.  For me it's not about Fed and how well he can play.  It's about Andy's belief in himself, and my God he can outplay smugerer on a good day.  We've all seen it.  He has to get to him early doors, though. 
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #116 on: January 29, 2010, 01:42 PM »

Smugerer? So bad it's good lol
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #117 on: January 29, 2010, 01:43 PM »

Hopefully Murray can wrap this up before about 9.45 am! And win 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 before I have work. I swear it was only earlier previous years ffs.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #118 on: January 29, 2010, 01:48 PM »

Smugerer? So bad it's good lol
I'm on a roll....  Very Happy  Gawd, I want this for our boy sooooo much.  And.... I'm sensing I'm just being creepy now.....    lol
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #119 on: January 29, 2010, 01:48 PM »

Fed was really nice about Andy on court, but same old Fed in press conference.....
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2010-01-29/201001291264764402546.html

Q. Normally the guy who plays you has nothing to lose at all. Andy is in a slightly different predicament. Do you think that will affect his game at all?

ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, don't know. I mean, look, he's in his second Grand Slam final now. I think the first one's always a bit tougher than the second one. But now that he didn't win the first one, I think doesn't help, you know, for the second one around.

Plus he's playing, you know, me, who's won many Grand Slams prior to that, been able to win here three times so I know what it takes and how to do it, which is definitely an advantage.

I don't feel like the pressure's really on me having to do it again, because I did it before. I think he really needs it more than I do, you know. So I think the pressure's big on him.

But we'll see how he's gonna handle it. It's not going to be easy for him, that's for sure.

Q. You've won finals against Andy, but he's got the better record. Why do you think that is?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, because, first of all, he's a good player. I don't think otherwise you're just gonna start having good records against me.

But, no, without having any ‑‑ taking anything away from him, but I think a few times he played me I wasn't at my very, very best. I think I played him on a couple of occasions. Dubai the first time we played, I just came back from resting, my mono, and everything. I know some don't like to hear it. Some still don't believe me for some reason.

I played him maybe at times when I wasn't at my very, very best. We had some close matches on many occasions where I thought I was in control and I ended up giving the match away by making errors of my own. That was definitely because of his play and the way he plays.

So I think the head‑to‑head could be quite different. But that's why I don't really care too much about how the head‑to‑head stands. Every match is played differently. Best‑of‑five is anyway very different. He's done well against me to win so many matches when he was able to beat me when he was supposed to
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 79 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »