Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO F - Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Outcome?
Murray in 3 - 8 (12.7%)
Murray in 4 - 19 (30.2%)
Murray in 5 - 28 (44.4%)
Federer in 3 - 3 (4.8%)
Federer in 4 - 4 (6.3%)
Federer in 5 - 1 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 63

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 79 Go Down Reply
Author

AO F - Murray vs Federer

(Read 17534 times)
red
Junior

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1065 on: January 31, 2010, 12:16 PM »

the sun's headline ''Andy Is Fed To The Lions''  Rolling Eyes *sigh*
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1066 on: January 31, 2010, 12:18 PM »

'Sobbing Andy is the grim weeper' Frown

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/tennis/2832666/Andy-Murray-says-sorry-to-fans-after-losing-Australian-Open-final.html
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1067 on: January 31, 2010, 12:19 PM »

Rolling Eyes  Boycott the paper!

In fact, flood the on-line papers with positive comments!  Let Andy know that his true supporters are behind him 100%
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1068 on: January 31, 2010, 12:19 PM »

Come on guys before AO we just waned him to reach QFs without any hiccup. He has improved as a player last year he would have possibly lost to Isner, maybe lost to Nadal, almost definatley lost to Cilic. AO finalist is a good start to 2010 and something to build on the hurt he felt from this might do him some good. We all know what happened to the last teary RU of the AO don't we....

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1069 on: January 31, 2010, 12:21 PM »

I think Andy will start reaching finals at a much greater frequency, so I'm happy Smile
IP Logged
red
Junior

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1070 on: January 31, 2010, 12:21 PM »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/tennis/2832641/Andy-Murray-loses-to-Roger-Federer-in-the-Australian-Open.html
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1071 on: January 31, 2010, 12:23 PM »

Oh snap!
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1072 on: January 31, 2010, 12:27 PM »

i thought it was a courageous performance, just look at how tsonga folded in the semi-final, andy never gave up and should be proud of his tournament. the only real difference between the players today was with the serve. in the first couple of sets andy seemed to be having to come back from 0-30 etc which gave federer a bit too much encouragement and left andy with little margin for error. if he can up his service level (and i reckon he will) then our boy is a multiple slam winner for sure.

ps i think murray will surprise a few people at the french, he was really starting to perform to a high standard during last years clay season and for me is a good outside bet at roland garros this year. i'm tipping him for at least another couple of finals appearances this year so todays match isn't the end of the world. it's only a matter of time..
IP Logged
clementine
Satellite Level

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1073 on: January 31, 2010, 12:30 PM »

Heartbreaking for Andy - he welled up not for himself but for his team and supporters.  Genuine emotion, he tried so hard to stop the tears and then just said 'I'm done'. 
IP Logged
Neomaster121

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1074 on: January 31, 2010, 12:30 PM »

i thought it was a courageous performance, just look at how tsonga folded in the semi-final, andy never gave up and should be proud of his tournament. the only real difference between the players today was with the serve. in the first couple of sets andy seemed to be having to come back from 0-30 etc which gave federer a bit too much encouragement and left andy with little margin for error. if he can up his service level (and i reckon he will) then our boy is a multiple slam winner for sure.

ps i think murray will surprise a few people at the french, he was really starting to perform to a high standard during last years clay season and for me is a good outside bet at roland garros this year. i'm tipping him for at least another couple of finals appearances this year so todays match isn't the end of the world. it's only a matter of time..

yea i agree he should have chances in the US and on grass

clay well if he plays more agressively then maybe he can get a bit further not sure if he could get to the finals on clay but good luck to him

felt so sad for him and the sun not a real newspaper
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1075 on: January 31, 2010, 12:32 PM »

To be honest, Andy is in a transitional stage at the moment with this first real tournament of the year.

He has gone from a counter punching style where he used a lot of slices to his present style where he is mostly hitting the ball with either top spin or flat to push his opponent back, only using slice to get back in position.

Andy has spent a very similar amount of time as Federer on court in the AO which is not a lot.

In a few months time, Andy will get more used to hit attacking shots and approach the net for volleys and force errors from his opponents.

That is when he will be at his deadliest.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1076 on: January 31, 2010, 12:33 PM »

OK Andy had chances and his serve again let him down, but he has nothing to apologise for.  It wasn't that he played badly just that he came up against the brick wall of the greatest player around today.  Also sticky court was causing him problems (is it the court or his trainers?  Think Adidas should look at this).

Felt as choked as he did at the end but at least he went down fighting.  I'm proud of you Andy - your time will come.

Britain
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1077 on: January 31, 2010, 12:34 PM »

Face it, there's a lot of losing in tennis. There were 128 men in the singles and 127 of them lost.

And remember, Lendl didn't win his first slam until he was 24 and he got 8. Agassi was 22 and he finished with 8 as well. Players mature at different rates and Andy is showing a nice gradual upward curve - look at the year-end rankings. Hopefully, he'll peak just as the Swiss freak retures.
IP Logged
Tex11

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1078 on: January 31, 2010, 12:34 PM »

Sorry guys but I don't speak English very well...

I think that Andy can win a Slam Title ...
It's a beatiful player ....

Forza Andy sempre con te...
IP Logged
red
Junior

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1079 on: January 31, 2010, 12:36 PM »

why are the tennis gods giving muzza a hard time?? i dont understand...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 79 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »