Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO F - Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Outcome?
Murray in 3 - 8 (12.7%)
Murray in 4 - 19 (30.2%)
Murray in 5 - 28 (44.4%)
Federer in 3 - 3 (4.8%)
Federer in 4 - 4 (6.3%)
Federer in 5 - 1 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 63

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 Go Down Reply
Author

AO F - Murray vs Federer

(Read 17852 times)
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1155 on: January 31, 2010, 09:28 PM »

Hitler
IP Logged
asimov
Satellite Level

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1156 on: January 31, 2010, 09:46 PM »

Well we all know the result Federer PLAYED AS ONLY HE CAN, Andy's first serve let him down. Federer brought his A game and Andy brought B game, only if this was reversed would Andy win.
Still at 22 time is on his side!
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1157 on: January 31, 2010, 09:51 PM »

If you ever want to know what it's like to feel sorry for Hitler, watch that film lol
Well, she does like Federer so feeling sorry for a tyrant should be easy for her... Whistle
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1158 on: January 31, 2010, 09:57 PM »

Down fall is a great movie and the spoof concerning Andy was great. Very Happy
IP Logged
red
Junior

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1159 on: February 01, 2010, 10:50 AM »

Have you guys never seen a Hitler spoof before? The one a above is poorly made IMO... it's funny but not that funny! search me
FYI  i found it on Youtube,i didnt make this vid otherwhise it would been much much more shittier if it was mine lol
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1160 on: February 01, 2010, 11:13 PM »

Thanks Red.  I enjoyed this spoof.  It was hilarious.
IP Logged
DBrown

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1161 on: February 04, 2010, 04:38 PM »

I have to say, where Fed as a person is concerned, I can't stand him, but he IS the best player ever, so far at least and if it wasn't for the fact that I am a die-hard Andy fan the final would have been quite enjoyable as he did produce some great tennis. Also, at least he is number 1 through winning and not just good luck. I mean Andy, Rafa and the others all do well of course, but am I the only one that gets frustrated with the way the top places have been gained and lost lately, or do you guys feel the same? Fed has been at the top everywhere except on clay for years except when he had glandular fever, Andy got to number 2 only because Rafa was out, and now Djokovic is at number 2 even though he played less well than Andy and Rafa is penalized because of injury again - it is all totally nuts! Also regarding Andy versus Fed in slams, don't forget that there is also the chance of a different draw so that they meet in the semis, so that hopefully nerves won't be so much of a factor. This would give Andy much more of a chance. Personally though I just want Andy to do well in the next few tournaments and to continue to improve on clay first before I worry too much about him winning slams again this year, which I am sure he will! Although getting to the final or actually winning the FO would be a lovely surprise bonus, of course! Good luck to him - I can hardly wait!
IP Logged
asimov
Satellite Level

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1162 on: February 04, 2010, 11:35 PM »

D brown, I think i agree with everything you said! The top spots could be very changable over the next few years, I am not sure to what extent the injury to rafa may prove to be a long term problem and Djokovic while brilliant has some real question marks over his health. Del Potro looks to be improving and like Andy at his age he suffers fromm some physical weaknesses which he will probaly sort out by the end of the year and Andy Murry looks to be almost there ( bloody first serve). Exciting times for tennis, we are all going to enjoy the next few years.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1163 on: February 09, 2010, 05:19 PM »

A video from our friends at fuzzyballs...

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1164 on: February 09, 2010, 05:31 PM »

^ That's pretty good, and puts it in simple terms.  They say that when the nerves are at their worst, the serve is the first thing to go on a tennis court. 

For me, it would be extra special if Andy could win his first Major by beating Fed.  I think that would be an awesome achievement.  However, I'd take a win against anyone, just to see him do it!  yay
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1165 on: February 09, 2010, 08:26 PM »

^ That's pretty good, and puts it in simple terms.  They say that when the nerves are at their worst, the serve is the first thing to go on a tennis court. 

His serve didn't particularly go, just like against Roddick at Wimbledon really, it just isn't worth trusting to the level that's required to beat guys who offer scraps on serve and then back it up with a decent ground game most of the time.

Anyone mentioning Bo3 and Federer being a different animal in Grand Slams after 3 of last years GS finals and his two maulings of Murray deserve to be dismissed immediately quite frankly. Shockingly enough, Federer isn't the only one who goes through form swings and unsurprisingly if you go to go 22 GS finals the chances are your game will click in a couple of them....
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1166 on: February 09, 2010, 08:37 PM »

His serve didn't particularly go, just like against Roddick at Wimbledon really, it just isn't worth trusting to the level that's required to beat guys who offer scraps on serve and then back it up with a decent ground game most of the time.

Anyone mentioning Bo3 and Federer being a different animal in Grand Slams after 3 of last years GS finals and his two maulings of Murray deserve to be dismissed immediately quite frankly. Shockingly enough, Federer isn't the only one who goes through form swings and unsurprisingly if you go to go 22 GS finals the chances are your game will click in a couple of them....

Well, I'm certainly no expert on commenting on the complexities of the game, tbh.  I agree that his serve can't be trusted, but I do think it works even less well, when the chips are down.  Yes - I was a bit confused about the reference regarding Murray's 3 set wins.  The only thing I could think is that Fed's mindset has gotten so that he only now really plays at his best in a GS situation. 
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1167 on: February 09, 2010, 08:52 PM »

I think that Andy has really upped his game at the AO this year.  If he can maintain and continue to develop his agression on court, I believe Andy will beat Federer with his superior fitness.

The most impressive stat at the AO is that Andy and Federer spent very similar amount of time on court.   Andy has changed from the grinder that we know of last year.  I believe he will get a GS this year.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1168 on: February 09, 2010, 09:24 PM »

Yes - I was a bit confused about the reference regarding Murray's 3 set wins.  The only thing I could think is that Fed's mindset has gotten so that he only now really plays at his best in a GS situation. 

He plays his best when he's at his best physically like everyone else, as he's hyper consistent at GS level against guys he should beat he can get to finals without playing particularly well when his MS rivals are in a foregiving mood. At his peak, he was so far ahead of his rivals that even if he dropped off he would still look like he playing rather well in the process of winning GS's.

From what I've checked over the past month I can believe he genuinely goes into Doha expecting to underperform because he knows peaking early isn't adviseable and he's not alone here. For every other tournament, he goes in trying to gain confidence like everyone else, in some tournaments he plays well, in others he doesn't and as in MS there are guys to take advantage of the situation unlike in GS he gets knocked out at the SF stage rather than in the F.

There are matches that can be dismissed as far as thinking about future GS matches but those cases are few and far between rather than every tournament outside a GS like some people like to claim. The inexperienced GS players will always be disadvantaged against experienced opponents which helps Federer a lot, but for neutral match ups against the other top guys that should be pretty irrelevent.

If Federer met Murray in a Bo3 MS match this week he would have won and unless he drops back to serving how he was last year inbetween the AO and Dubai he isn't going to be much fun to play against in the next 3 hard court tourmanets either. As he's relatively old his window of peak performance should hopefully be pretty narrow which will hopefully give everyone else a chance at the USO and possibly even Wimbledon.

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO F - Murray vs Federer « Reply #1169 on: February 09, 2010, 09:31 PM »

^ So, what you're saying is that Fed knows himself well, and can pace himself so that he pretty much peaks in the GS events?  He's willing to suck up the losses knowing that there are bigger prizes at stake? I mean, I know it's not always the case, but his experience obviously counts for so, so much, when it comes to the main events. 

He is getting older, but it still seems as if he has an awful lot left in the tank.  I also think his contented lifestyle helps him a lot. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »