Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 2. - 11 (57.9%)
Murray in 3. - 8 (42.1%)
Gasquet in 2. - 0 (0%)
Gasquet in 3. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet

(Read 2016 times)
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #45 on: August 07, 2014, 09:11 PM »

Beat me to it, Elena and more comprehensive.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #46 on: August 07, 2014, 09:20 PM »

Beat me to it, Elena and more comprehensive.

Thought it was interesting to see the thinking behind playing doubles or not. It was a great run for Colin & Andy last year, and it will be tough for Colin to lose all those points this year. But Novak & Stan played doubles together this year, and look what happened to them - won a match each in singles and doubles, now out of both!
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Futures Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #47 on: August 07, 2014, 09:21 PM »

The doubles where they reached the final was Cincy wasnt it?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #48 on: August 07, 2014, 09:21 PM »

Linda, I think that was to celebrate his Olympic win ..... remember he rushed straight to Toronto after the final?  Also last year he exited after his R3 match.  Yes, watching him tucking into that cake was really funny.  He was just like a wee laddie!

I'm not suprised Gasquet has an abdominal strain.  He's played a lot of tennis recently, including two tough matches yesterday (singles and doubles)
Old age showing again... how time flies... it just seems like yesterday Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #49 on: August 07, 2014, 09:22 PM »

Andy was knocked out in the 3rd round by Gulbis.    He played the doubles with Colin I think but can't remember how far they got.    Beyond his singles I think.
Thanks ILA.  I'm reminded now, thanks to Colin's Wiki, that, having Jonathan Marray as his usual doubles partner last year meant that they didn't have enough ranking points to qualify, so, as this was only discovered at the last minute, Colin rushed off to find Andy, who agreed to play.  They got to the finals where they were beaten 6-4, 7-6, by Peya and Soares.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #50 on: August 07, 2014, 09:24 PM »

Old age showing again... how time flies... it just seems like yesterday Very Happy
Welcome to the club! lol
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #51 on: August 07, 2014, 09:26 PM »

Welcome to the club! lol
I was just gonna say that!  confused lmao
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #52 on: August 07, 2014, 09:31 PM »

Great minds, etc, etc ... lol
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #53 on: August 07, 2014, 09:53 PM »

Ha! Was  at tennis tonight and hoping Nole Tsonga wd be a long one so I didn't miss too much of Andy. Came in and switched on tv to see wee Daveed on my screen ... confused  Checked live scores on my phone (hadn't had it with me cos it needed charged) and cdn't believe Tsonga hammered Nole (wsn't surprised at loss, he didn't play great yday, just how one sided it was - maybe Nole more interested in Cincinatti - the one masters he is yet to win) and Andy had walkover. Glad it's men's turn for Toronto - keeps raining in Montreal!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #54 on: August 07, 2014, 11:49 PM »

Andy and Colin reached the final in Montreal last year I think.

I was looking forward to seeing Andy today. Never mind, he's in the quarters, that's what counts.

Djokovic was woeful today. He was never really in it at any stage. It's one right in the eye for anyone who thinks it's only Andy who has off days. I'm chuffed for JWT because he had a tough start to the year, but he took full advantage of Djokovic's awfulness today. Now I get to see two of my favourite boys fighting it out in the quarters. I'm confident for Andy in that one.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #55 on: August 08, 2014, 12:44 AM »

They did get to the final where they were defeated by Payes & Soares.

From Djoko's official website -

“Congratulations to Jo,” Djokovic said following the match. “He played some great tennis, served very well. He was obviously the better player on the court. I hadn’t played even close to what I intended before going to the court. Just nothing was going. No baseline, no serve, no return. Generally a very bad day, very poor performance. Couldn’t do much.”

I'm sure he'll have Andy's every sympathy!
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #56 on: August 08, 2014, 02:49 AM »

To clear up the results for AM in Canada and Cincy in the last two years, they are the following.

Toronto 2012.  Won the 2nd round match against Flavio Cipolla 6-1, 6-3.  Withdrew before the 3rd round against Raonic.

Cincy 2012.  Beat Sam Querrey 6-2, 6-4 in 2nd round.  Lost to Jeremy Chardy 6-4 6-4 in the 3rd round.

Montreal 2013. Lost in the 3rd round to Gulbis 6-4, 6-3.

Lost in the QF to Berdych in Cincy after beating Youzhny and Benneteau.  All the matches were in straight sets.

Sky Sports showed the Final of the doubles in Montreal last year.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #57 on: August 08, 2014, 02:51 AM »

^ Thank you for that helpful info.
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #58 on: August 08, 2014, 03:04 AM »

^ Thank you for that helpful info.

Just thought I would help clear up some of the confusion a few posters were having of what had happened in the last couple of years.

I couldn't remember who Murray had played in the matches he won but I did know who had beaten him and that he withdrew before the Raonic match.  I looked up the ATP website for the results and opponents of the other matches he did win.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #59 on: August 08, 2014, 03:14 AM »

Just thought I would help clear up some of the confusion a few posters were having of what had happened in the last couple of years.

I couldn't remember who Murray had played in the matches he won but I did know who had beaten him and that he withdrew before the Raonic match.  I looked up the ATP website for the results and opponents of the other matches he did win.
Well thank you for taking the time to do that.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »