Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 2. - 11 (57.9%)
Murray in 3. - 8 (42.1%)
Gasquet in 2. - 0 (0%)
Gasquet in 3. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet

(Read 2216 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #60 on: August 08, 2014, 03:15 AM »

Andy beat Granollers then went out to Gulbis last year, see playing activity, 2013 at http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Andy-Murray.aspx?

He also played doubles with Colin and reached the finals. He was asked about doubles this year

Q.  You talked about getting plenty of matches in before the US Open.  Last year you had a really good run here in the doubles.  Were you tempted to use that again to sort of build up your match sharpness or did it just not work logically?
ANDY MURRAY:  No, I wasn't originally going to have a bye in the tournament because I would have been‑‑ before Rafa pulled out, I was told I was going to be playing on Monday evening a little while ago.
So I planned all of my training and everything around playing my first match on Monday evening and, you know, arranged to come here on Thursday to get here a little bit earlier to get used to the conditions.
Yeah, I had been asked by a couple of the guys‑‑ Colin had asked me to play doubles, and I said to him, Sorry, but I'm not going to have a bye so I don't want to play.
Then, yeah, obviously I found out Wednesday afternoon/evening when Rafa pulled out, so I had thought about it, but not this year.
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=101548

Oh dear.  That's a shame because I enjoyed watching Andy and Colin play last year.  Also it would have given Andy more match practice.
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #61 on: August 08, 2014, 03:28 AM »

Just thought I would impart what I knew about these tournaments in the last 2 years.

No match thread up for Today? 

A very tight contest between Cilic and Federer going on just now. Cilic saves match point.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #62 on: August 08, 2014, 03:35 AM »

Just thought I would impart what I knew about these tournaments in the last 2 years.

No match thread up for Today? 

A very tight contest between Cilic and Federer going on just now. Cilic saves match point.

I'm just about to put one up since the person who usually does it hasn't.  Andy's match timed for 6pm BST. 

Interesting - I watched the first set of that.
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #63 on: August 08, 2014, 03:43 AM »

Now into the tie break.  Cilic saved another couple of match points at 4-5 down.

Cilic takes the tie break 7-3.

[ Last edit by Geo August 08, 2014, 03:47 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #64 on: August 08, 2014, 04:16 AM »

OK Geo the match thread is up.

Fed and Cilic still going neck and neck in the decider.
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #65 on: August 08, 2014, 04:28 AM »

Just posted in it.  Yeah, this is a very close match until Federer breaks just now.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #66 on: August 08, 2014, 08:30 AM »

geo many thanks for clearing up the confusion about last two years for those of us with fading memories
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #67 on: August 08, 2014, 01:36 PM »

thanks for that information lashurst - good so Andy has already picked up points. 
Oh well I can watch Honourable Woman now.   And I seem to remember a MW member has QF tickets for end of a N American holiday so they'll be pleased they know they're seeing Andy.  I wonder how Linda has got on. Perhaps she's stalking Andy on the practice courts as I write  Whistle
Ruthie what do you think of Honorrable women, I've enjoyed it , although Nessa is starting to get on my nerves!!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #68 on: August 08, 2014, 03:37 PM »

Andy in 1
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #69 on: August 08, 2014, 04:08 PM »

deb I've enjoyed it too and once they'd done the flashback episodes more or less had a grasp of what was going on though you have to keep your wits about you.  I didn't like the start of yesterday's episode though.  I'm away for a couple of weeks now so hope I can remember all the ins and outs when I pick the threads up again on my return!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #70 on: August 08, 2014, 07:50 PM »

deb I've enjoyed it too and once they'd done the flashback episodes more or less had a grasp of what was going on though you have to keep your wits about you.  I didn't like the start of yesterday's episode though.  I'm away for a couple of weeks now so hope I can remember all the ins and outs when I pick the threads up again on my return!
Yes it's hard keeping up if your not consertrating !! Intrigued to see what happens Smile   
IP Logged
Ghostbuster
Challenger Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #71 on: August 08, 2014, 08:49 PM »

performance of the season for Andy, imo.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs. Richard Gasquet « Reply #72 on: August 08, 2014, 08:57 PM »

He could certainly have done with more match practise. Sorely lacks that.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »