Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10

(Read 4542 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #105 on: August 03, 2014, 06:33 PM »

Btw The Technician  will rise.  Toronto is in the bag.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #106 on: August 03, 2014, 06:42 PM »

I have not come on MW because of the Commonwealth Games on TV. I wish Andy was getting the support that the Scottish competitors were getting. I find that this is not so why are most of the posts on MW so negative. Andy is going through a bad time but you would think it was the end of his tennis career. A lot of the comments sound like a lot of doom and gloom have we all forgotten how great we felt when Andy won Wimbledon please try and be more positive in our outlook and not be so down on Andy.

I think the negativity could be to do with what an impact that Wimbledon loss had on a lot of people, if I may generalise. It certainly shocked me a lot more than a normal loss would, I couldn't quite believe it for an awful long time. It wasn't pleasant. Don't think I've ever doubted Andy more than I did then. I can't even watch 2 minute highlights of it because the quality of play from him is actually unwatchable for me personally. I just hope Toronto does some good for him.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #107 on: August 03, 2014, 06:49 PM »

I think the negativity could be to do with what an impact that Wimbledon loss had on a lot of people, if I may generalise. It certainly shocked me a lot more than a normal loss would, I couldn't quite believe it for an awful long time. It wasn't pleasant. Don't think I've ever doubted Andy more than I did then. I can't even watch 2 minute highlights of it because the quality of play from him is actually unwatchable for me personally. I just hope Toronto does some good for him.
You seemed to have forgotten the way he played up to there.By far better than anyone else. There was a reason for the way he played that day,and we will never know what it was, but Grigor said he knew that there was something wrong in the warm up. This was I'm sure a was a one off.
We need to send out positive vibes out to Andy.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #108 on: August 03, 2014, 07:24 PM »

I have not come on MW because of the Commonwealth Games on TV. I wish Andy was getting the support that the Scottish competitors were getting. I find that this is not so why are most of the posts on MW so negative. Andy is going through a bad time but you would think it was the end of his tennis career. A lot of the comments sound like a lot of doom and gloom have we all forgotten how great we felt when Andy won Wimbledon please try and be more positive in our outlook and not be so down on Andy.

I looked at the Andy/Dimi Wimbledon match thread for the first time recently. Pages of positive vibes - and some of the posts look a bit silly now. Then the match started.

Personally I find the positive/negative debate all really tedious. Looking through this thread I counted 13 posters fairly confident, 4 a bit doubtful, and some others non-committal. But lots of complaints about negativity.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #109 on: August 03, 2014, 07:33 PM »

I looked at the Andy/Dimi Wimbledon match thread for the first time recently. Pages of positive vibes - and some of the posts look a bit silly now. Then the match started.

Personally I find the positive/negative debate all really tedious. Looking through this thread I counted 13 posters fairly confident, 4 a bit doubtful, and some others non-committal. But lots of complaints about negativity.

I assume I'm a bit doubtful lol
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #110 on: August 03, 2014, 07:37 PM »

You seemed to have forgotten the way he played up to there.By far better than anyone else. There was a reason for the way he played that day,and we will never know what it was, but Grigor said he knew that there was something wrong in the warm up. This was I'm sure a was a one off.

You are right. Dimitrov was only a blip in his play. The Bulgarian seemed really prepared and his plan worked! Sometimes that happens. Just like the Aussie beating Nadal.

Some of us may have been disappointed but we know he is a lot better than he was on that day, I am looking forward to the class Murray turning up very positive again and rapidly progressing through the early rounds in Toronto. He needs to do that so that I can watch the later stages. (I am unable to watch till Friday night or even follow on the Internet before as I will be without that service). Does he play R2 on the Wednesday night?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #111 on: August 03, 2014, 10:03 PM »

I can see where Connor is coming from because I too felt shocked, and worried, by Andy's performance in that match, although I did miss the first set thanks to getting the timing wrong, but there's no point dwelling on what I'm sure was a one-off too due to a circumstance we'll probably only ever know about unless it comes out in a biography after he's retired.  I think he did the right thing though by 'holing up' for a couple of weeks before going to Miami, and he certainly looked happy and relaxed there in what few pics we saw.

Does he play R2 on the Wednesday night?
I understand that he probably will play on Wednesday night.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 04, 2014, 12:42 AM ] IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #112 on: August 03, 2014, 10:24 PM »

I understand that he probably will play on Wednesday night.

Thank you
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #113 on: August 04, 2014, 09:43 AM »

Andy is the only player in the top ten not to have a title in 2014.  no       even Milos has a title.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #114 on: August 04, 2014, 10:14 AM »

well we always knew that 2014 could be a difficult year after the op so let's not read too much into that bhs.   
I agree that the manner of Andy's exit from Wimbledon has probably had a disproportionate effect on some of us (and I include myself in that) and thanks for the reminder of how beautifully he was playing up until then at W.  Btw I thought it interesting that Goffin, who he dispatched as if he were a novice, has just won a title himself.  Easy to underestimate just how well Andy was playing in those earlier rounds.

But yuk that Raonic has a title and is on the rise again.   
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #115 on: August 04, 2014, 10:17 AM »

Without that serve Raonic would just scratch the surface of the Top 50.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #116 on: August 04, 2014, 10:17 AM »

Andy is the only player in the top ten not to have a title in 2014.  no       even Milos has a title.

He will vulture Bangkok.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #117 on: August 04, 2014, 10:59 AM »

Andy is the only player in the top ten not to have a title in 2014.  no       even Milos has a title.

Moaning again??? Surprise surprise! !!  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #118 on: August 04, 2014, 01:10 PM »

well we always knew that 2014 could be a difficult year after the op so let's not read too much into that bhs.   
I agree that the manner of Andy's exit from Wimbledon has probably had a disproportionate effect on some of us (and I include myself in that) and thanks for the reminder of how beautifully he was playing up until then at W.  Btw I thought it interesting that Goffin, who he dispatched as if he were a novice, has just won a title himself.  Easy to underestimate just how well Andy was playing in those earlier rounds.

But yuk that Raonic has a title and is on the rise again.   
Watching the golf yesterday and they were talking about Tiger's back Op when he hurt himself again, and there was another player who had a back Op and he said it took him a year to get to playing well. So Andy has done very very well. Another thing I found interesting was that Rory was way down in the ranking at the beginning of the year, now playing very well and is now back at no.1.
So moaners just be patient and wait Andy will be into winning ways, especially as he is now settled re his Coach.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #119 on: August 04, 2014, 02:20 PM »

Won't be on here much, if at all, over the next while, as I'm off on holiday.

Best of luck to you Andy! cmon yeah yay

Chat to you all when I'm back! wave
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »