Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10

(Read 4630 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #120 on: August 04, 2014, 02:50 PM »

I don't usually make comparisons between the men and the women, but watching Azarenka this year has been interesting. She was out for three months this year with injury and has been up and down since she came back. I don't know about now because I haven't checked recently, but a while ago she was 10 in the world. No one is making a production over her career and writing her off.

The fact remains that no one knows exactly what Andy had done when he had the surgery, but anything between six and 18 months recovery for back surgery of any description doesn't appear to be that unusual in sport.

I just think Andy's confidence has been knocked around a bit this year, mostly due to the recovery from the surgery, but other stuff as well, like Lendl going. However, he's still reached the quarters or better in all of the slams, and did very well on his worst surface this year.

On balance I have to admit that I really couldn't care less if Raonic has won a title this year. Andy doesn't need to be compared to anyone else just now. He just needs to get himself right and then he can start rebuilding and getting himself back in the rankings where he belongs.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #121 on: August 04, 2014, 02:52 PM »

Good posting!
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #122 on: August 04, 2014, 04:05 PM »

Last year Berdych went a full season without winning a tournament. It happens, but Andy has not panicked and entered a 250 just to score some easy points like some players. 
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #123 on: August 04, 2014, 07:09 PM »

Two voices of reason!!! Hooray!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #124 on: August 04, 2014, 11:16 PM »

Andy is the only player in the top ten not to have a title in 2014.  no       even Milos has a title.
Without that serve Raonic would just scratch the surface of the Top 50.
Quite - and I couldn't care less about what Milos or anyone else has won or will win this year either.  It was always going to be about Andy getting back to full fitness anyway, and on top of that he had to contend with being coachless for a while (which didn't stop him getting to the SF at RG), and now he has to adjust to having a new coach, although thankfully the partnership seems to be working out well for both him and Amelie, but even so it does take a while for players and coaches a while to really settle in.

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #125 on: August 05, 2014, 02:02 AM »

As if winter wasn't bad enough, our summer weather here is absolutely shocking right now. Part of our crazy busy 16 lane 401 highway was closed tonight due to flooding.

Hope we don't get behind with the schedule.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #126 on: August 05, 2014, 02:15 AM »

I hope so to Linda.  Haven't tried to watch any tennis today but caught up with the news about rain disrupting play.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #127 on: August 05, 2014, 10:13 AM »

Andy says that he is fully recovered from his op and fit and ready to go.  Good news whatever happens  Nice to know that the UK is not the only place to be experiencing peculiar weather and that poor Canada suffers as well Hope it all right on Wednesday
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup 2014 - Toronto: Aug 2-10 « Reply #128 on: August 05, 2014, 11:17 PM »

Nothing unusual about the weather here right now, as far as I know, but at least the forecast for Toronto is looking a lot better.  Going to be hot and humid though but nothing I don't think Andy can cope with thanks to his Miami training.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »