Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Tsonga in 2
Tsonga in 3

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

(Read 8629 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #555 on: August 09, 2014, 08:26 PM »

Q.  You had some taping on your knee today.  Is that a problem or did that affect you in the first set?  It looked as though perhaps your movement wasn't quite what it had been in the first match.

ANDY MURRAY:  Well, it was a very different match today.  It was much quicker pace.  A lot of that has to do with the way that Jo plays and the way he was serving in the first set.
I think, you know, when you come back onto the hard courts after a break and not playing any matches for five weeks, you know, you feel things are a little bit sore but nothing to be concerned about.

Full interview http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=101715
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #556 on: August 09, 2014, 09:57 PM »

I didn't like what he said in his on-court interview after his win over Nick Kypreos. He spoke about the strain on the joints.

He said, "I'm not so young anymore." nervous
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #557 on: August 09, 2014, 10:02 PM »

He doesn't know what he's talking about, i wish i was 27 years young.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #558 on: August 09, 2014, 10:35 PM »

I didn't like what he said in his on-court interview after his win over Nick Kypreos. He spoke about the strain on the joints.

Young Kyrgios has withdrawn from Cincinnati challengers - injured or something,.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #559 on: August 09, 2014, 10:37 PM »

Not sure if it's been posted anywhere yet but Tsonga's gone on to beat Dimitrov aswell as Andy and Novak. Adds a bit more perspective to Andy's loss.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #560 on: August 10, 2014, 12:24 AM »

Not sure if it's been posted anywhere yet but Tsonga's gone on to beat Dimitrov aswell as Andy and Novak. Adds a bit more perspective to Andy's loss.

Kinda... I think it shows Tsonga is playing well at the mo...however whether he is playing well enough to a beat the likes of Fed ...he does tend to choke when it counts. Andy had chances to beat Tsonga and didn't take them. Tsonga's performance has little to do with the ever growing facts of Andy's failures against top players this year. He really needs to begin beating the top players soon....and of course I hope he does. As Djoko said recently...confidence is the easiest thing to lose....and the toughest thing to get back.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #561 on: August 10, 2014, 12:33 AM »

I think you quoted the wrong post by mistake Aileen, regarding anxiety issues.  It was the Gnome that posted about that.
blush  Sorry about that!

Q.  You had some taping on your knee today.  Is that a problem or did that affect you in the first set?  It looked as though perhaps your movement wasn't quite what it had been in the first match.

ANDY MURRAY:  Well, it was a very different match today.  It was much quicker pace.  A lot of that has to do with the way that Jo plays and the way he was serving in the first set.
I think, you know, when you come back onto the hard courts after a break and not playing any matches for five weeks, you know, you feel things are a little bit sore but nothing to be concerned about.

Full interview http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=101715
I like his answer to the last question - that he's motivated to win another Slam, preferably one he hasn't won before, and so winning the AO is a big goal for him because he's come so close before.  Roll on 2015!

I only saw the second set but it looked to me as though Tsonga wasn't playing quite as well as he did against Andy, and I would have been disappointed if Andy hadn't beaten Tsonga as he was today, but that's how the tennis cookie crumbles.  At least Andy has more time to get used to the court conditions in Cincy,
[ Last edit by Aileen August 10, 2014, 01:08 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #562 on: August 10, 2014, 12:55 AM »

If Andy wasn't such a mental midget he would have been such a better player.   We have always said this and yet his weak mentality never seems to change.    With Lendl Andy was on the up and his mental issues     Now it seems Amelie has brought it back into his game.      Again I have to question whether he plays Masters just for fun.     I haven't seem him take a Masters seriously for a long time.
Just as well for you I've only read this because I would have reported you to Mod for that abusive comment.

I wonder if people like you have the guts to make comments like this to Andy's face? ..... No?  Thought not.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #563 on: August 10, 2014, 12:59 AM »

Young Kyrgios has withdrawn from Cincinnati challengers - injured or something,.

Wounded pride hurts.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #564 on: August 10, 2014, 01:04 AM »

Wounded pride hurts.

Its a left arm ailment, which was bothering him last week.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #565 on: August 10, 2014, 01:19 AM »

Its a left arm ailment, which was bothering him last week.

Because of all the racquet smashing?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #566 on: August 10, 2014, 06:53 AM »

He said thatshocking
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #567 on: August 10, 2014, 09:10 AM »

Exactly.

There might be something in the argument that the issue yesterday was lack of matches, but I'm not 100% convinced to be honest. I think Andy relaxed, thinking it was in the bag, but then Jo lifted his game again.

I think the only problem with Mauresmo is that she's an easy target. Andy is losing, so it 'must' be Mauresmo's fault. I think the relationship needs time. They haven't spent much time together yet.

I agree on both counts.  However, I'd add that staying sharp, and decision making, is helped by having matches under your belt.  If he made the mistake of thinking it was in the bag, then it's a lesson he's learnt.

Also, I think it's worth remembering (sorry if this has been pointed out every second post, but I daren't look back too far), but Andy did much better against Jo than Djokovic or Dimitrov.  He won more points!  And yes, that's the bit where it comes down to winning the right points, and decision making, but it's still better than the 6-2 6-2 dished out to Djokovic.  IMO, Jo's victory over Dimitrov was more emphatic than the score-line suggests. 

At least Andy was there, fighting in the last game, bringing the score back to deuce, teasing us all.  It won't satisfy those who only care about the results, but at least they can't say (with honesty) he gave up.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #568 on: August 10, 2014, 10:05 PM »

Well, well, well.....humble pie anyone?

RT @FortyDeuceTwits: Stunning week from Tsonga. And to think, the only set he dropped all week was to Murray.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Rogers Cup QF: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #569 on: August 10, 2014, 10:11 PM »

Congratulations to Jo-Wilfried! The best man won, couldn't have been beaten by a nicer guy.  clap
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »